I can hardly wait

In reality, like most of you it doesnt matter who we hired I am ready for more football. I had already sworn it off after the horrible year we have had. I wanted to get Mike Leach. I was convinced giving the Obese Baron the crown was a huge mistake (still am). I believe we settled for a lesser coach than schiano and our fans ate it up bc of fiasco. Probably got yet another Saban henchman failure. I hope I am wrong. I want to believe I am wrong. I needs more UT college football. I can hardly wait...

Strange Days - Juliette Lewis "Hardly Wait" - YouTube

A big 10 Schiano HC "could" be as good as Pruitt, who has his recruiting base in central US, but Pruitt SEC ties with people who have history in sec and recruiting bases in south is better than bringing in another group of outsiders who may be good at what they do, but will take time to become established. The list of new offers is proof that there's at least more connections, though not solely from SEC footprint.

Losing with Leach may be entertaining???? Not been entertaining for me to have a "productive offense"

Sep 29th 2012 at Number 5 Georgia Tennessee loses 44-51
October 13 at number 19 Miss St Tennessee loses 31-41
October 27th 2012 at number 17 Tennessee loses 35-38
November 10th 2012 Missouri Tennessee loses 48-51

That's what losing with a good offense feels like. That's 4 of the seven loses we had that year that "a boring lesser Saban" might have saved. Do you even watch football?

We averaged 36.16 points per game that year!
Dooly was the HC!

To put this in perspective...with Josh Dobbs and Butch's best two years:

2015: 35.23 points per game
2016: 36.38 points per game

Point is we've had offensive output...with two of the worst coaches we've had. Defense is boring, but you still can't win championships without it.

I never said defense was boring. I said I wanted an innovative offense. Those numbers are skewed based on how much numbers we put up against lesser opponents, but yeah I loved it. Did you watch the Eric Berry years? What a crime to make him play at UT and waste that talent! He put up more points than our offense some games. I also loved when Eddie Moore legally murdered a florida player on the field. One of my first Vol memories. Nothing against defense, Im just saying I want an offense that is willing to throw down field and be creative. Leach would definitely do that.

Losing with Leach may be entertaining???? Not been entertaining for me to have a "productive offense"

Sep 29th 2012 at Number 5 Georgia Tennessee loses 44-51
October 13 at number 19 Miss St Tennessee loses 31-41
October 27th 2012 at number 17 Tennessee loses 35-38
November 10th 2012 Missouri Tennessee loses 48-51

That's what losing with a good offense feels like. That's 4 of the seven loses we had that year that "a boring lesser Saban" might have saved. Do you even watch football?

We averaged 36.16 points per game that year!
Dooly was the HC!

To put this in perspective...with Josh Dobbs and Butch's best two years:

2015: 35.23 points per game
2016: 36.38 points per game

Point is we've had offensive output...with two of the worst coaches we've had. Defense is boring, but you still can't win championships without it.
Defense wins championships, that's been a fact since Fred Flintstone was a stud linebacker for Bedrock high. Offense is fun to watch tho.

Reactions: 1 person
A big 10 Schiano HC "could" be as good as Pruitt, who has his recruiting base in central US, but Pruitt SEC ties with people who have history in sec and recruiting bases in south is better than bringing in another group of outsiders who may be good at what they do, but will take time to become established. The list of new offers is proof that there's at least more connections, though not solely from SEC footprint.

Come on man, you are practically in agreement with me here. I, too, am hoping Pruitt does great. We saw what the star ratings did with our last coach. Lets not go down that road. I am just afraid of being horrible and bored watching UT again. I look forward to it every year more than any other sport, and last year I could even be bothered to watch after mid fall.

Dont make me remember. **** that game hurt to watch live. At least half of the stadium was empty by half. Ahhh, you are making me really not like the pruitt hire

Don't act like you didn't hate the hire from the beginning. You haven't stopped *****ing about it since.

Schiano - better than Pruitt? I respect your right to an opinion but your logic of a coach 1-game above .500 at a large school in a pitiful conference being the right choice for UT under any set of circumstances is loco.

I thought the same, we dodged a bullet with GS.

So?! We didnt lose 8 games with Butch Jones or Vince Dooley's retarded son outside of either of their last years? Doesnt make them good coaches. I want offensive product on the field. I want to challenge every defense we play. Sick of this BS coward offense in the SEC east. We are NOT going to beat bama playing that Yale vs Harvard offense the little man is employing. Look at clemson last year. THROW F****** DOWN FIELD

Another so called fan that call others retarded. So sad.

Reactions: 3 people
In reality, like most of you it doesnt matter who we hired I am ready for more football. I had already sworn it off after the horrible year we have had. I wanted to get Mike Leach. I was convinced giving the Obese Baron the crown was a huge mistake (still am). I believe we settled for a lesser coach than schiano and our fans ate it up bc of fiasco. Probably got yet another Saban henchman failure. I hope I am wrong. I want to believe I am wrong. I needs more UT college football. I can hardly wait...

The “Obese Baron”? Really? :ermm:

To be honest, I was done with Tennessee football by the end of the season. It was just too hard to watch and embarrassing. Plus our admin almost killed the program. I'm glad I can be excited again with Pruitt. And it can only go up from here....I think.

Why does Pruitt excite you? Seriously, I would love to be excited about this staff but all I see is inexperience.

I pretty much tuned out after the Georgia game. Watched on TV if I had nothing better to do, don't think I watched an entire game; first time in 40 + years didn't go to a game...so no not even close to being ready for another football season. Men's and women's basketball has my attention now and glad for it. I'm wait and see on the football program.

only time will tell, Next year I hope to see improvement and then I will give you my opinion. I don't want to bash the new coaching staff until given a reason too..Right now it seems we are on a high and lets keep it that way...

Well, knocking Schiano isnt going to change my statement. Let me say first that I agree with you on Schiano. I guess that lets you know where I stand on JP. Hope I am wrong. I dont think we will lose because of lack of effort from the coach, but i dunno why the hell ppl think he will be a good coach. I understand they hope he will. I feel like the Big Orange Crush is leading to another 5 years of boredom and failure, ya know, kinda like he did last time he was involved in the program. Full disclaimer tho, I want to see a vertical offense put up points. I want to see offensive innovation. These things seemed to be frowned upon by the admin in the SEC these days

Well, the thing for you to do is bite the bullet and forget the deep south SEC and start loving the SWC or even more to what you want to see, the pack of 10 out west that remind me of a pack of wild dogs running around the field with only one thing in mind, eating, as in this case scoring.

OP, how many schools we went after Schiano other than us? BIG FAT ZERO. He’s a terrible HC. Other schools at least had interest in Pruitt. Pruitt is a million times better fit.

I never said defense was boring. I said I wanted an innovative offense. Those numbers are skewed based on how much numbers we put up against lesser opponents, but yeah I loved it. Did you watch the Eric Berry years? What a crime to make him play at UT and waste that talent! He put up more points than our offense some games. I also loved when Eddie Moore legally murdered a florida player on the field. One of my first Vol memories. Nothing against defense, Im just saying I want an offense that is willing to throw down field and be creative. Leach would definitely do that.

What makes you think Coach "P" won't? He has been around some pretty fair offense minded coaches. i.e. Kiff, the FSC coaching staff just to name two. Just because he has a defense mind set, doesn't mean he won't appreciate good modern offense.

So?! We didnt lose 8 games with Butch Jones or Vince Dooley's retarded son outside of either of their last years? Doesnt make them good coaches. I want offensive product on the field. I want to challenge every defense we play. Sick of this BS coward offense in the SEC east. We are NOT going to beat bama playing that Yale vs Harvard offense the little man is employing. Look at clemson last year. THROW F****** DOWN FIELD

As the old saying goes: "Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships"!

You didnt go to the Wyoming game I take it

Wow. The hall of fame coach took the sideline in 204 games as head coach at Tennessee, won right at 75% of em, and you’re singling out one game in 16 years....? .00496% of the games he coached here? After he’d been fired Mid-season and the team was essentially demoralized?

The guy has done far more, way more, light years more for the program you say you’re a program of than you, me and all of the guys on VN will ever hope to do to make it successful.....combined.

You really gonna trash the second greatest coach in school history, the guy who last had this program respected, nationally relevant and winning at a high level?

And stay right where you are with the other 10-11% of VN who doesn’t like the Pruitt hire. I’m more than comfortable hanging with the 89-90% who look at his resume, his pedigree, his associations, his previous success, his recruiting prowess, the brand of football he plans to bring to Tennessee and the staff he’s putting together and believe that as we sit here today, that he’s a very good hire and has a very good chance to be successful here.

Reactions: 4 people
Come on man, you are practically in agreement with me here. I, too, am hoping Pruitt does great. We saw what the star ratings did with our last coach. Lets not go down that road. I am just afraid of being horrible and bored watching UT again. I look forward to it every year more than any other sport, and last year I could even be bothered to watch after mid fall.

I know...we all just want to be able to have some joy in UT sports. We like seeing talented and well prepared teams which play hard...like Barnes has bball Vols playing.

Fans are lamenting "ten years" of hardship, like how could it go on one more minute? Most likely tack on five more years. We have 10 commits total right now and a coach who works for another school for at least three more weeks. Local commentators refer to it as a "black hole" class that will set the program back 2-3 more years. Fulmer's results are suboptimal at best.

Local commentators lol, thanks Buzz

Attachments

• 87EF7071-5076-424D-8ACA-1825F59EB4FE.gif
    87EF7071-5076-424D-8ACA-1825F59EB4FE.gif
    853.6 KB · Views: 70
Innovative offense is a lot of fun, but what is most satisfying to me is when it is the 4th qtr, UT has the lead and the ball, the opposing Defense has 9 men in the box and the Tenn QB is under center with 2 backs in the I Formation. Everybody in the stadium knows a run play is coming, but the Tenn line is so dominating late in the game that the D knows they can't stop it. Five to seven yards a carry and the clock grinding down relentlessly. That is what I find most excellent.

Last edited:
Why does Pruitt excite you? Seriously, I would love to be excited about this staff but all I see is inexperience.

You know who else only saw “inexperience” when they hired their current head coaches? Clemson, Georgia and Oklahoma.....all 3 of which are in the college football playoffs this year.

Reactions: 2 people

Another reason. From Jesse Simonton....

Vols have emerged as a legit contender for 5-star CB @Kingathlete5. “My interest for Tennessee has grown since coach (Jeremy) Pruitt is the head coach.” rvls.co/2B3ivvB

Reactions: 2 people
Its a lot easier to outscore them if your defense can hold them to 20 points or so. Duh.

You say that like you know what you are talking about and its some kind of obvious thing. Funny thing is Vol n Tears is correct on Bama, youre just being rude and dismissive. In fact, the last time UT put of more than 20 on Bama was 14 years ago!! Do some homework before you act like a know-it-all and disrespectfully dismiss Vol n Tears. DUH.

VN Store

Back