Hunter, Bray, CP, Sentimore OFFICIALLY gone

I truly hate to see CP go, even when we were getting beat, he was the highlight of the game. He made me smile nearly every game with something he did in the game. He was the only bright spot on a dismal season and he will be truly missed.

Reactions: 2 people
Hypothetically speaking....

I wonder what CBJ could have done with TB/JH/CP/Zro the tightend and RB duo?

I think we would have won at least 8 - with wins over Miss St, Mizz and yep...UGA.

UT beat writer Patrick Brown Tweets:

Patrick Brown ‏@patrickbrownTFP

Tennessee confirms the NFL draft entries of Tyler Bray, Justin Hunter and Cordarrelle Patterson. Darrington Sentimore leaving, too

:cray:

I heard on a local talk radio program in NOvember that C.P. and Sentimore did not have the grades to remain eligible for next season and that both would turn pro.

I did not hear that again, so I kept it in mind but never mentioned it. I thought it may have just been a radio hosts speculation....

I didn't see Sentimore do anything that would get him drafted... did someone else see it?

Just saw the text :sad:

AFAIK, Bray and Hunter were already pretty much 100% official.

Patterson was the only one in question, and I don't know who seriously thought he would be returning, anyway. Next thing you know, people will be telling me Jon Gruden is the next UT HC.

We didn't win the big games with them and we can win the cupcake games without them, so the net effect is negligible. CP will be missed the most. Hunter and Bray could have been legendary here, but Hunter dialed it way back after his injury and Bray never seemed all-in. They, along with Da'Rick, are poster boys for missed opportunity.

For an awful team we sure loaded with first rounders.LOL CP is the only one half ready. But the potential that they all have is huge. We will see. If I had to bet I would bet JH and CP will make it longer in the NFL

For an awful team we sure loaded with first rounders.LOL CP is the only one half ready. But the potential that they all have is huge. We will see. If I had to bet I would bet JH and CP will make it longer in the NFL

Musta been the coachin' ! :eek:hmy:

Guys we won minimal games with them. It's no loss. We could have had Kentucky's team and had the record we had.

And Bray is probably .4 faster than Manning, what is your point? Bray is obviously not a QB you would want for a zone read offense like Griffin is running, but that is rare in the NFL. Nearly every team wants a drop back QB which Bray is well suited for physically. Mentally is another story that I hope someone can straighten out for him.

Brady and Manning are about as immobile as Bray but infinitely more intelligent players. My point with the mobility jab is that, increasingly, NFL teams are seeking players who can move somewhat ably in and around the pocket. To Griffin, I would add Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck, both of whom have wheels as well as scads of football brains, as examples of this trend. If a prospect can't run at all, then he better be a quality decision-maker with a lightning-fast release.

Bray can't run, makes bad decisions, and by all accounts is hardly a student of the game. Yes, he possesses a rifle, but his loopy throwing motion, which Clowney famously exploited, is more Tim Tebow than Tom Brady. Someone may draft him in the first or second rounds, but they will regret it.

I'm wondering if Butch told Sentimore to leave, for whatever reason.

No, it is not likely that CBJ told him to leave, I would say that his grades told him to leave........

Sentimore attended JUCO for a reason....

Sentimore was a bust. Not sure why so many were high on him anyways. Couch, McCullers, Obrien and Smith will hold it down.

Guys we won minimal games with them. It's no loss. We could have had Kentucky's team and had the record we had.

We'd have lost even more without those 3 on offense. They were good enough to win 10 games if the defense could have held opponents to like...26 a game.

Brady and Manning are about as immobile as Bray but infinitely more intelligent players. My point with the mobility jab is that, increasingly, NFL teams are seeking players who can move somewhat ably in and around the pocket. To Griffin, I would add Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck, both of whom have wheels as well as scads of football brains, as examples of this trend. If a prospect can't run at all, then he better be a quality decision-maker with a lightning-fast release.

Bray can't run, makes bad decisions, and by all accounts is hardly a student of the game. Yes, he possesses a rifle, but his loopy throwing motion, which Clowney famously exploited, is more Tim Tebow than Tom Brady. Someone may draft him in the first or second rounds, but they will regret it.

I was looking at a mock draft and it had Bray as likely going to San Diego to back up Rivers or to Green Bay to back up Rogers or lastly to Buffalo.....

Bray will like be a career back up and draw a pay check.....

The downside to filling your roster with jucos. If it were me there would be no more than a couple on the whole roster.

Sentimore didn't play well enough to be drafted IMO, but that means very little to the NFL.

We will sign 27

If we can sign 27 but most of them are former Cincinnati commitments, does it do us any good???

The teams on our schedule are likely going to have top 20 signing classes. We need to build our roster with quality performing recruits, not just career special teams players.

Did you see where the O lineman chose Pacific Azuma rather than attend U.T.? I am hoping it is a homesick thing and not that he thinks Pacific Azuma is better....

Is it possible that Sentimore was struggling academically? That would make way more sense.

VN Store

Back