Hunter, Bray, CP, Sentimore OFFICIALLY gone

Sounds like Ryan Leaf...

He may turn out like that. But what people always seem to forget is how much money Ryan Leaf made as he fell on his face.

My thought on that is the window is small for a football player . . . probably 5-7 years if they're lucky. Better jump through it when you can. What's the point of playing another year for free when, given the situation at Tennessee, it will be next to impossible to have enough success to move up enough in the next draft to overcome the loss of a year of NFL income?

He may turn out like that. But what people always seem to forget is how much money Ryan Leaf made as he fell on his face.

My thought on that is the window is small for a football player . . . probably 5-7 years if they're lucky. Better jump through it when you can. What's the point of playing another year for free when, given the situation at Tennessee, it will be next to impossible to have enough success to move up enough in the next draft to overcome the loss of a year of NFL income?

He was the 2nd pick in the draft and there was no rookie salary cap back then...Tyler won't sniff anything close to that money.

bout right... bray might have a big combine and sneak into the 2nd. pretty weak qb class so i say the first 5 off the board are all pretty interchangeable. i mean lets be honest your looking at who?

geno smith
tyler wilson
ej manuel
glennon
landry jones
matt barkley
bray

anybody else? i dont see any cant miss guys in there at all personally so it might be a good decision for tyler after all. anyway i hope the best for all former vols!

Honestly Bray is comparable to those other QB's and arguably has a better arm then all of them. Kinda comical that Glennon's even on the list. Barkley had a ton of talent on O to throw to, they still went 7-6. If ever there was an arguemnt for Tyler Wilson being a system QB, Petrino's exit and Arky's collapse is exhibit A. No doubt Bray may have some maturity issues but I'm inclined to cut him some slack. He came here under the pretense of playing for Kiffin. Endured a young OLine, a non-existent running game, and Dooley as HC. (Mizzouri game I'm looking at you! 2 timeouts, ball at midfield, 45seconds left, lets play for overtime:no:)

As for Hunter. He just doesn't appear physical enough for the NFL. Period.

CP might have an immediate Devin Hester type impact.

VN Store

Back