Hulu and Amazon Originals

Gasol didn't play with Kobe and Shaq. He only played with Kobe.

They were never in danger of missing the playoffs. It's really not that hard to make the playoffs. More than half the teams get there. Again, this is why superstars on good teams today are totally fine missing 20 games. The Lakers lowest win % was .620 during those years, and Shaq only missed more than 22 games once (33 missed in 1999) from 1998 - 2004, and he played at an MVP level when he did play.

I totally disagree that Shaq should have been much better. He's a top 10 player all time, and literally the only thing that I know for sure would have made his career better is shooting granny FT's (which might've made him the GOAT). Again, if he worked harder between August and April, there is a damn good chance he would've been hurt for a lot of playoffs and had a much shorter career.

Wilt isn't the guy you think he was. Neither is Kareem. They are higher on the GOAT list but they are not known for being hard workers. Kareem didn't want to run for the showtime Lakers and getting him to buy in was a problem. Wilt was just showing up and dominating.

You can respect Kobe more than I can because you haven't read Three Ring Circus. The dude admitted that the sex was non-consensual and he also narc'd on Shaq to the feds saying Shaq pays women hush money for these kinds of situations. He had no idea how to treat people. Phil hated him. His teammates hated him. He was as fake as they come. He was bullying the bench players and Shaq was taking them out to dinner and buying them suits and offering to pay for their Father's funeral. Kobe had a work ethic that I can respect, but the whole package is hard to respect.
We’ve both made our points. I respect yours but disagree. Jordan was (and is) a total d!ck and it did nothing to his legacy of greatness. Not championing Kobe as an overall player…the subject is his legacy. Kareem wasn’t KEEN on running because he had won multiple championships with the offense pivoting around him and his skyhook. When he ACCEPTED that Showtime was what it was going to be he was a major factor in four championships. And it was AGE that felled him…not lack of physical conditioning and discipline. And Wilt was a physical fresk until his passing…don’t see the parallel. I feel (and I’m far from alone) Shaq wasted a portion of his potential legacy…and Kobe squeezed every molecule out of his. The rest is a novella.

Last edited:
Reboot is a half hr comedy on Hulu, and it is solid. I've watched 2 episodes, and the writing is pretty good.

This. This is what we should all be watching. I came here to post a glowing review but I can’t stop thinking of funny situations that happened. Paul Reiser will win multiple awards for his performance. And the chick from ****buddy Island isn’t bad, either.

I have three more episodes of The Patient. I sure hope it ratches it up. Snooze fest so far.

I thought it was pretty good the whole time, but it certainly doesn't end strong. I'm not usually "didn't like the ending" guy, but that ending was wack. I didn't want Carrell to die, but was OK with it until Sam imprisoned himself. I can't believe a guy who just killed his doctor (who was his 20th victim?) is suddenly going to do the right thing. Pretty fkn stupid.

Reactions: EricStratton
Not sure if it’s a Prime original or not, but Mr. Jones on Prime is a really good movie. Pre-WWII Soviet Union.

Primo is pretty good on Freevee via Amazon Prime. Sitcom about a Mexican fam in El Paso.

Freevee's got some juice. Jury Duty was so good

Kind of off-topic but there isn't a good place to put it, and it doesn't need it's own thread ... but HBO Max has changed to just "Max" and the new site has a much better looking format. I see they are losing some significant content on May 31st, though ... including the Star Trek movie franchise.

Kind of off-topic but there isn't a good place to put it, and it doesn't need it's own thread ... but HBO Max has changed to just "Max" and the new site has a much better looking format. I see they are losing some significant content on May 31st, though ... including the Star Trek movie franchise.

Such a stupid marketing move.

Citadel on Amazon Prime is incredibly…..meh. Crazy how much they spent on it and planning for it to be this big franchise with other connected shows and yet the first season is so forgettable.

I know that I'm a couple of weeks late on this,but just got around to catching up. I know that it's a bit cliche and over the top at times,but I enjoyed the first season for what it was,and so far,I've enjoyed this.

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back