Hubbs O-Line Analysis

I know I'm going to get slammed for this, but Fulmer, being an offensive line coach, never had these types of OL issues. Even if Dooley didn't take an offensive linemen that one recruiting class, you'd think we'd have a few decent kids to plug in here to get the job done. Maybe we need to go to the zone blocking scheme the Broncos used (with smaller linemen) and cut block since we don't have the huge linemen required to run other schemes. JMO.

Not slamming:
Seriously, until I saw the numbers on how many teams have done anything close to what we are doing this year(0 teams BTW) I felt the same. This is fairly unprecidented. It's not the # of frosh, it's combined line starts. Experienced help the newbies as a general rule.
In other words, we have the blind leading the blind.

I agree with the youth factor. I don't really keep up with recruiting, but if youth is a maor reason for the struggles, are hitting the JUCO trail to get some older OL's? It seems that would help some.

Blair was a reasonably highly rated JUCO, but has not played at all, not ready for SEC level competition. May find some better ones, but obviously need a very close look at players, nothing guaranteed at that level.

Blair was a reasonably highly rated JUCO, but has not played at all, not ready for SEC level competition. May find some better ones, but obviously need a very close look at players, nothing guaranteed at that level.

To me, here is the crucial question that we don't yet know the answer to- would Blair be ready for SEC level competition had he signed with another program?

I agree that it helps some, but we're talking about a group of players that many said were too slow and not talented enough to play in the SEC. All you have to do is look at all the threads from last year talking about how AJ was too slow to play at the next lvl.
Those are the guys that have turned this defense around. Not so much the new guys.
I believe better coaching may have that affect on some of our linemen.

I think we agree for the most part. I think the biggest difference from last year to now is the pressure the d-line can get. Once they get pressure everyone on defense looks better. Just imagine what the d would look like if we could sub there like ole miss and have 8-9 fresh legs on the d-line. A good portion of threads on VN are started on gut reactions remember last year how many threads there were to start Peterman or the sadist that want to try it again this year

Do everything necessary to flip Richmond.... Mosley will help stabilize things a bit more next season. He plays with a lot of Passion and a chip on his shoulder, which is what we need more of.... I really think someone needs to just piss our O line off before the game... they are playing "nice"...

VN Store

Back