Howard grad transfer PG James Daniel

Would be ignorant in that he sat out last year

He'd be done then. I don't think that the 5 year clock stops for grad transfers. They just don't have to sit out a year to transfer if they graduate.

Interesting message being sent... or somebody is being pushed out already. Or it could just be a courtesy... if they offered then TN could be following through with an official visit.

When Darrington committed I pretty much chalked up the roster as set and dismissed the thought of Daniels, looks like that was a mistake. Not sure how all these guards fit on the floor together but makes sense why this staff is pursuing 2018's, they'll have at least 1 open ship to sell.

I wonder if any of those introduced to UT by Donnie Tyndall aren't buying in? They've been on campus the longest, therefore they're the leaders by seniority, and if they're not on board with the program... well buh bye.

I wonder if any of those introduced to UT by Donnie Tyndall aren't buying in? They've been on campus the longest, therefore they're the leaders by seniority, and if they're not on board with the program... well buh bye.

Lol. It all has to be on DT. Just has to be.

I'm not taking a shot at Donnie in this case. Obviously Barnes is placing a priority on coachable players. He didn't have much choice with his first class. 3 of 5 were Tyndall recruits.

Yea and half of the players to leave his program were his own do I don't understand why we keep distinguishing between the two anymore. They are all just Vols to me

If the Vols get Daniel, what will be you guys expectations for this upcoming year ?

Yea and half of the players to leave his program were his own do I don't understand why we keep distinguishing between the two anymore. They are all just Vols to me

Well apparently somebody is on thin ice and IMO one of CDT's 2 remaining guards or last year's suspended player are high on the list of candidates. I'd be surprised if it was Bone since he had a set back last year with the injury, he was given a ton of minutes, and Darrington and Daniels only have 2 years and one year of eligibility (therefore losing Bone would leave the roster very thin and inexperienced). I don't think KA is run because of his size plus he started most of the games. We haven't seen Johbson, but I doubt that he'd want to transfer out having burned his RS. Bowden had a lot of starts.

Maybe one of the three new four year players is having trouble getting enrolled?

Phillips might have trouble finding playing time with Pons and Darrington added to the rotation. But... minus Parker he has an opportunity to get more minutes.

It's interesting if TN is pushing hard to add Daniels.

Phillips might have trouble finding playing time with Pons and Darrington added to the rotation. But... minus Parker he has an opportunity to get more minutes.

It's interesting if TN is pushing hard to add Daniels.

Same goes for Bone, Turner and Johnson

Same goes for Bone, Turner and Johnson

I think of Pons as more of a 3 and those 3 as 1s and 2s. I think that Phillips is a 2/3 tweener that didn't look real comfortable as the PG. Johnson is also a 2/3 tweener IMO, but his potential was raved on by the staff. IMO, if Daniels is added, Turner or Phillips leaves. Unless they have a bad attitude or aren't putting in gym time, I'd rather keep them instead if having Daniels for one year. HOWEVER, replacing somebody with Daniels adds a spot for a 2018 signee.

Why is it so easy for us to forget Phillips was the starting PG ahead of Turner and Bone at the end of the year?

If the Vols get Daniel, what will be you guys expectations for this upcoming year ?

Honestly wouldn't change mine much, I like the fact it gives us a 2018 scholarship...but there's only so many minutes to go around and Bone/Darrington/Turner/Daniels are only capable of playing the 1&2 so that's a lot of guys trying to get those minutes, not sure 1 is substantially better than the other.

Could be said for all of them that is why I am saying it literally could be any of them that leave if this kid ends up coming.

Oh I agree, I think with the other 2 having 3 years of eligibility remaining verse Phillips having 2 could play a role in optimism as well though...I also know that Phillips isn't exactly a gym rat. Fwiw the departure is gonna happen with or without adding Daniels, probably hear something in the next day or two.

Why is it so easy for us to forget Phillips was the starting PG ahead of Turner and Bone at the end of the year?

Not putting it on Phillips, but TN lost 4 of it's last 5 and 6 of the last 8.

We really don't know what was going on, but the flu bug was hitting the team very hard late in the season according to Schofield's mother.

Oh I agree, I think with the other 2 having 3 years of eligibility remaining verse Phillips having 2 could play a role in optimism as well though...I also know that Phillips isn't exactly a gym rat. Fwiw the departure is gonna happen with or without adding Daniels, probably hear something in the next day or two.

Getting Daniels won't be easy.

I also wonder who, in addition to Mostella, might not have been hitting the bong. I can't remember who his roommates were other than Lew. We don't need mid-season departures... might as well weed out possible problems now.

VN Store

Back