How would you feel about Fulmer eventually replacing Hamilton as Athletic Director?

Would you be comfortable with Fulmer becoming the Athletic Director?

• Total voters
To the kid that dropped the "fail" comment, whatever.

My logic is this Pantone.

Hamilton allowed himself to be held hostage by a basketball coach who continues to search for shiney new places to be every off season.

He strung the University along be retaining Fulmer after the game passed him by. Very Aggie of him if you ask me. Trust me, we know when we can spot one thats lost their "touch".

He threw some serious $ at a group that took him to the shed after 14 months. Granted he couldnt see that coming, but notice your new "character hire". He learned his lesson on hiring guys that will not hose him and the fan base, regardless of the results.

Hows the baseball team lately?

I cant remember the last time I have EVER read of Tennessee having players in trouble with the law. Actions reflect leadership, and he is the leader of the coaches.

Lastly, he pimped Tennessee to several top candidates, and some potential great HC's. They turned their nose up to him. Then he went for "middle of the road" guys. They followed suit. Finally he settled for a guy from a school as relevant as any other directional La. School.

Dont get me wrong, I hope Dooley does great. He recruited about as well as one could expect. I wish yall the best of luck, but Hamilton has dropped the ball one too many times for me to say, he should have "job security". He'd better damn well hope that Pat wins another one, Dooley works out, and Pearl does what he "says" he can.

Your post is OK, but you are not telling the truth about Pearl.

True. But we're not paid to make these decisions. If it's your job to make a decision and it doesn't work out, then you bear some of the responsibility.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be, but fired and replaced by Fulmer? Please!
Its pathetic.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Not one thing you just said has any shred of evidence to support it. Just rumor after rumor.

Really? Really? Okie doke then, I guess I cant argue with that then, but in the mean time, study up on the items I pointed out. They have all been discussed at length throughout this board.

Hit me up when you get done reading. I'd imagine I'll hear from you in about 2018.

The AD position isn't a sinecure for ex-coaches to gladhand on the rubber chicken circuit anymore. Those days are over. You can't turn a $100 million budget over to a guy who probably doesn't know how to use Excel.

No way! Mike Hamilton is doing a great job. Bruce Pearl has revived the basketball program and he did fire Fulmer when it was time! Maybe he should have listened to Al Davis on Kiffen but he deserves a mulligan and has brought in a good Coach in Dooley! Let Phil be a fan like the rest of us!

Really? Really? Okie doke then, I guess I cant argue with that then, but in the mean time, study up on the items I pointed out. They have all been discussed at length throughout this board.

Hit me up when you get done reading. I'd imagine I'll hear from you in about 2018.

discussed ad naseum by the same people with the same lack of facts and the same serious lack of logic and reasoning ability.

Oh so now everything that is discussed on this board is fact? Thanks for clearing that up for everyone. You're a tool. Give up.

The AD position isn't a 1) sinecure for ex-coaches to gladhand on the rubber chicken circuit anymore. Those days are over. 2) You can't turn a $100 million budget over to a guy who probably doesn't know how to use Excel.

1) Mr. Vocab - impressive
2) line of the day

I understand Hamilton was in a rough spot, but it's hard to get past the fact that Hamilton fired Fulmer for going 5-7 in the SEC, and hired a guy to replace him who went 4-8 in the WAC. I understand the bad timing aspect of it, but on paper that move doesn't make sense. I understand Dooley has a big upside, but to me the UT program could do better.

If Dooley doesn't turn the program around, I do believe Hamilton will be replaced. The baseball coach he hired hasn't worked out. If that happens I think Fulmer will campaign for the job.

You guys are obviously content with yourselves. I'll end my contribution to this conversation like this, since I've answered a question in a way yall didnt like.

I dont give a damn who your AD is now, or who will become the AD when the weasel you have decides to hang it up or gets canned. I hope your football team does well, your cheerleaders stay hot, and your basketball team make past round 2 of the AA's.

Im done now.

I understand Hamilton was in a rough spot, but it's hard to get past the fact that Hamilton fired Fulmer for going 5-7 in the SEC, and hired a guy to replace him who went 4-8 in the WAC. I understand the bad timing aspect of it, but on paper that move doesn't make sense. I understand Dooley has a big upside, but to me the UT program could do better.

If Dooley doesn't turn the program around, I do believe Hamilton will be replaced. The baseball coach he hired hasn't worked out. If that happens I think Fulmer will campaign for the job.

What exactly would that campaign be?

Moot point since Phil is just waiting for the first opportunity to be the head coach at a BCS title contending program. Not his fault that there haven't been any coaching vacancies in the past 2 years.

You guys are obviously content with yourselves. I'll end my contribution to this conversation like this, since I've answered a question in a way yall didnt like.

I dont give a damn who your AD is now, or who will become the AD when the weasel you have decides to hang it up or gets canned. I hope your football team does well, your cheerleaders stay hot, and your basketball team make past round 2 of the AA's.

Im done now.

Sweet!

Last edited:
Fulmer is a micromanager.....football program would change directions (again). He needs to be content with the 6M and enjoy life away from UT.

Im done now.

If you don't give a damn why are you here? On a lighter note I will be very content with you being done now. This board's I.Q.has risen a few points now.

Moot point since Phil is just waiting for the first opportunity to be the head coach at a BCS title contending program. Not his fault that there haven't been any coaching vacancies in the past 2 years.

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Fulmer as AD...

Day 1: Fires football coach.
Day 2: Announces that after an extensive search,no one can match his winning percetage therefore he will be taking the position of head football coach. His contract will include a $30 million buyout.
Day 3: Resigns as AD.

Day 4: I kill myself.

If you don't give a damn why are you here? On a lighter note I will be very content with you bring done now. This board's I.Q.has risen a few punts now.

I make mistakes while typing when mobile myself, but never when questioning someone elses IQ....

With that said, I disagree with TXVOL. Hamilton has done a fine job with what he has to work with. The Raleigh hire is a little less than desirable, but since his higher, the baseball teams APR and GPA have increased. Sure the on field product could stand to improve, but after Delmonico having poor apr and gpa, I'd say Raleigh has done a decent job... Academics are afterall the reason these kids are here, right?

Curious how fans would feel if Fulmer eventually replaced Hamilton as the Athletic Director at UT?

Fulmer just needs to go away, far, far away from U.T. He has expertise in excuse making and watching film, but little else. Ridiculous idea. No school wants him as a coach, so why would any school, particularly U.T., want him in any capacity. He had his day in the sun and the sun set on him.

I'd say Raleigh has done a decent job... Academics are afterall the reason these kids are here, right?

Of course it is academics, just as it is at every other school in the NCAA. As for Raleigh, he knows this is his last go-around if he cannot produce more. He mentioned this in an earlier interview. Raleigh is in over his head it seems.

The Raleigh hire is a little less than desirable, but since his higher, the baseball teams APR and GPA have increased. Sure the on field product could stand to improve, but after Delmonico having poor apr and gpa, I'd say Raleigh has done a decent job... Academics are afterall the reason these kids are here, right?

Tennessee has been to the College World Series four times. Rod Delmonico was the coach for three of them; the other one was in 1951.

Our baseball program has gone from occasionally going to the CWS to losing to USC Upstate and ETSU.

Raleigh has done a terrible job and Hamilton made a terrible decision. You do remember what Delmonico did last March?

He gets credit for hiring Pearl (although anyone could have seen that was a good idea at the time, Hamilton did get it done), and I think he may have made a good decision with Dooley (time will tell), but Todd Raleigh was a major failure.

Now, as for Fulmer as AD, if that subject ever came up for consideration, I'd be fine with it. You can't tell me he wouldn't work in the best interests of UT athletics. The only concern I would have would be whether or not he'd be willing to make a hard decision on a coach who wasn't doing well. He was always reluctant to pull the trigger on an underperforming assistant, and his experience of being removed by Hamilton would probably make him even more reluctant to make those decisions.

Last edited:
It would be so depressingly awful for Fulmer to return. Would he even care about basketball? Would he have any idea who to look for? Or would he just hire his friends to every major job?

VN Store

Back