How will this class fair

Using the 247 class calculator and creating a hypothetical "best case" scenario. With the following class, I know there is virtually no chance the class will fall this way. This includes some long shots ( Davis, Miner, etc..) but this was an attempt to predict a best case scenario for class rankings.

QB - Adrian Martinez
QB - Michael Penix
RB - Lynn-J Dixon
RB - Anthony Grant
WR - Alontae Taylor
WR - Jactavious Harris
WR - Shocky Jacques-Louis
TE - Jacob Warren
TE - James Mitchell
OL - Cade Mays
OL - Ollie Lane
OL - Jerome Carvin
OL - Daniel Faalele

DL - Greg Emerson
DL - D'Andre Litaker
DL - Brant Lawless
DL - Jamarcus Chatman
DL - Dorian Gerald
DL - Jordan Davis
LB - Richard Jibunor
DB - Brandon Cross
DB - Jordan Minor
DB - Jaycee Horn
DB - Brendon Harris
DB - Tanner Ingle

This hypothetical class has a 247 composite score of 254.40 points which would of ranked 10th in 2017, 14th in 2016, and 14th in 2015. I think top 10 is possible with some significant additions and bumps in ratings. But I see little to no chance in a top 5 class this season. Unless we get in on some "elite" top 100 recruits late in the game. If we can finish with what we have now, Carvin, an elite LB, and two lockdown corners then I could care less where we are ranked. But I will guess somewhere around 10.

*Edited highlighted the commits I added to the current class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
If we don't see much turnover (which I doubt will be the case), no major changes to player rankings, and we get the following that are supposed to be heavy Vol leans (Jordan Miner, Dorian Gerald, Jerome Carvin, and Justice Dingle), we'd be right at the Top 15 cutoff based on previous classes.

I think with a 9 win season that shows off a competent offense and a healthy defense, I think we can reel in a couple more top recruits and finish Top 12.

Using the 247 class calculator and creating a hypothetical "best case" scenario. With the following class. I know there is virtually no chance the class will fall this way. This includes some long shots ( Davis, Miner, etc..) but this was an attempt to predict a best case scenario for class rankings.

QB - Adrian Martinez
QB - Michael Penix
RB - Lynn-J Dixon
RB - Anthony Grant
WR - Alontae Taylor
WR - Jactavious Harris
WR - Shocky Jacques-Louis
TE - Jacob Warren
TE - James Mitchell
OL - Cade Mays
OL - Ollie Lane
OL - Jerome Carvin
OL - Daniel Faalele

DL - Greg Emerson
DL - D'Andre Litaker
DL - Brant Lawless
DL - Jamarcus Chatman
DL - Dorian Gerald
DL - Jordan Davis
LB - Richard Jibunor
DB - Brandon Cross
DB - Jordan Minor
DB - Jaycee Horn
DB - Brendon Harris
DB - Tanner Ingle

This hypothetical class has a 247 composite score of 254.40 points which would of ranked 10th in 2017, 14th in 2016, and 14th in 2015. I think top 10 is possible with some significant additions and bumps in ratings. But I see little to no chance in a top 5 class this season. Unless we get in on some "elite" top 100 recruits late in the game. If we can finish with what we have now, Carvin, an elite LB, and two lockdown corners then I could care less where we are ranked. But I will guess somewhere around 10.

More detailed version of my post :eek:k:

Reactions: 1 person
If we don't see much turnover (which I doubt will be the case), no major changes to player rankings, and we get the following that are supposed to be heavy Vol leans (Jordan Miner, Dorian Gerald, Jerome Carvin, and Justice Dingle), we'd be right at the Top 15 cutoff based on previous classes.

I think with a 9 win season that shows off a competent offense and a healthy defense, I think we can reel in a couple more top recruits and finish Top 12.

I think Miner is slated to choose Penn State tomorrow, but who knows he could shock everybody and choose the Vols . Also, I don't think we are recruiting Dingle hard anymore .

The way I see it Vandy has at least two 4*s. We should be able to poach at least one of them.
Add 2-3 more 4*s and a 5* or two and we will stay in the Top 5. But we have to hold on to our Aces through signing day as well.

If I gave a damn I would compare the composite ranking of this versus previous rankings. This likely will be the best class Butch has recruited but we won't finish as highly rated as his highest rated class. We will take less players than that class but more heavy in individual talent especially in the trenches.

Needs 2 more Badass LBs a Badas DB and a real Badas RB, then hold on to everyone and steal a top tier WR in there.. Also just hope that 1 of them turns out to be the meanest, most violent, brutality first, un-sportsmanlike dirty arsed SOB to ever put on the T!! #hurtsomebodyeverygame

Swell. I get to throw up every time I hear a ref say targeting.

CBJ will not be on the chopping block.

And he shouldn't be at 8-4, but surely you were here last fall when many on this board wanted him gone. Even the preseason rags have placed him on the hot seat because of the "rabid fan base" and new AD.

If I gave a damn I would compare the composite ranking of this versus previous rankings. This likely will be the best class Butch has recruited but we won't finish as highly rated as his highest rated class. We will take less players than that class but more heavy in individual talent especially in the trenches.

Agreed

And he shouldn't be at 8-4, but surely you were here last fall when many on this board wanted him gone. Even the preseason rags have placed him on the hot seat because of the "rabid fan base" and new AD.

The negavols will always spew there poison, but it doesn't mean they know/express the truth.

I don't think so, but apparently you weren't on Volnation much last fall.

I assume you're talking about the Football Forum? I stay off of that board as a value my sanity.

1s2tti.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
i wounder why we have problems recruiting LINE BACKERS that are the cream of the crop. we end up with Jumper and Bates type. no speed

Top 5 no way
To many recruits not committed yet.
UT will be lucky to stay in the top 15.

Last edited:
Top 5 no way
To many recruits not committed yet.
UT will be lucky to stay in top 15.

I got 5 on it. I take 1-15 and u got 16+. Hell, I'll make it 500 dollars and a night with my wife(she's hot,too) against your 5 dollars

I'll take a 10th ranked class that's heavy in the trenches over a number one class that's loaded with skill

VN Store

Back