How is this not being covered by the MSM

So, Trump trying to build a productive relationship with a country possessing as many nuclear warheads as we do is the equivalent of the mass killing and arresting of Jews in Germany? The Left has always been unhinged but this takes it to a whole new level of stupid. I am sure the “tough” reporters on CNN, MSNBC, etc. would be the first ones to volunteer to fight in the bloodbath that would result from a war with Russia.

So, Trump trying to build a productive relationship with a country possessing as many nuclear warheads as we do is the equivalent of the mass killing and arresting of Jews in Germany? The Left has always been unhinged but this takes it to a whole new level of stupid. I am sure the “tough” reporters on CNN, MSNBC, etc. would be the first ones to volunteer to fight in the bloodbath that would result from a war with Russia.

Fail.

“We will take America without firing a shot. We do not have to invade the U.S. We will destroy you from within....”

-- Nikita Khrushchev

You are the best example of the quote. A lawyer, which once was an honorable profession, who advocates for some of the most anti Constitution politicians/positions. It is scary to think that you were “educated” to believe that. That is precisely what Krushchev was referring to but I am sure you already knew that

The left has gone off the rails ranting about this issue, but the right has elected to simply ignore it. Regardless of which side of the political spectrum you fall on... yesterday was a crap look for the U.S. Stupid statements by Trump. Trump looking weak, unprepared and ineffective as a leader. Members of Congress shouting that stupidity = treason. One fricking moron suggesting a military coup.

We looked like a monkey f#cking a football to the rest of the world yesterday. No irreversible harm, but it was a bad optic.

The left has gone off the rails ranting about this issue, but the right has elected to simply ignore it. Regardless of which side of the political spectrum you fall on... yesterday was a crap look for the U.S. Stupid statements by Trump. Trump looking weak, unprepared and ineffective as a leader. Members of Congress shouting that stupidity = treason. One fricking moron suggesting a military coup.

We looked like a monkey f#cking a football to the rest of the world yesterday. No irreversible harm, but it was a bad optic.

Who on the right has ignored it? I ask that in all seriousness because I've only seen 1 or 2 not subscribe, Rand being 1 of them.

I would agree with that

LOL

Trump got b-slapped and your response is that he was trying to build bridges with a guy who would just as soon wipe us off the map? Trump's turning our allies into adversaries while getting his a$$ handed to him by Putin and Kim.

This is what you get when you hire a tv B lister.

Reactions: 1 person
Then enlighten me as to why you/media/politicians are so “upset”. I will wait

You present it as a false choice, as though we must accept a compromised President so as to avoid nuclear war, and you then falsely paint it as "gee, so he only wants good relations with Russia."

That is not the choice. Its not between war and no war. The choices are how we go about maintaining the peace and not allowing Russian aggression to either damage our sovereignty or risk igniting a shooting war.

Currently, all evidence (save from Putin and Trump) is that out sovereignty has been invaded by Russia. They did it in 2016 and they are trying to again. The threat is real. This is true and damaging if for no other reason than that it causes the serious doubt many of us have as to whether Trump is even legitimately the President.

To remove that risk, you either need to be sure that there is no meddling, or be confident that if there is meddling it is so minor that it is not causing significant impact.

To achieve that, you do not bury your head in the sand and mimic the Russian denials. You do not deny the reports of it happening, so as t embrace the Russian denials. You do not cower at discussing the current threat for fear it makes you look bad.

Yet that is EXACTLY what Trump is doing. Its unforgivable and he should be removed from office. Its that simple.

Reactions: 1 person
cause its better than dealing with the lag in the conversation. even domestic "Go to Meetings" can be painful with overlapping conversation, not being sure who is there or if they are paying attention. couldn't imagine it across international borders.

and it generally sells an idea better to meet in person, rather than being a free floating persona on the internet.

But CNN's panel for example looks to consist of Wolf Blitzer, David Gergen, Gloria Borger, the Mudd guy, and assorted other folks. They sit around a table in NYC and talk all the time. They all flew to Helsinki this time...to sit around a table and talk. I just found it funny.

You present it as a false choice, as though we must accept a compromised President so as to avoid nuclear war, and you then falsely paint it as "gee, so he only wants good relations with Russia."

That is not the choice. Its not between war and no war. The choices are how we go about maintaining the peace and not allowing Russian aggression to either damage our sovereignty or risk igniting a shooting war.

Currently, all evidence (save from Putin and Trump) is that out sovereignty has been invaded by Russia. They did it in 2016 and they are trying to again. The threat is real. This is true and damaging if for no other reason than that it causes the serious doubt many of us have as to whether Trump is even legitimately the President.

To remove that risk, you either need to be sure that there is no meddling, or be confident that if there is meddling it is so minor that it is not causing significant impact.

To achieve that, you do not bury your head in the sand and mimic the Russian denials. You do not deny the reports of it happening, so as t embrace the Russian denials. You do not cower at discussing the current threat for fear it makes you look bad.

Yet that is EXACTLY what Trump is doing. Its unforgivable and he should be removed from office. Its that simple.

I really don't think the hacking and release of DNC emails is why Clinton lost, and there's still no evidence the Trump campaign was involved with it.

Yeah, they stole some documents and released them. If there was a way to prosecute/punish those reponsible, we should do it, but I don't think there is. I don't think it changed the vote, and to act as if we have never done anything similar is kind of coy, isn't it? We spied on Merkel's phone, for example, but she still talks to us.

I really don't think the hacking and release of DNC emails is why Clinton lost, and there's still no evidence the Trump campaign was involved with it.

Yeah, they stole some documents and released them. If there was a way to prosecute/punish those reponsible, we should do it, but I don't think there is. I don't think it changed the vote, and to act as if we have never done anything similar is kind of coy, isn't it? We spied on Merkel's phone, for example, but she still talks to us.

There's more to it. The use of social media for example by Russians to create false narratives and exploit some voters.

I agree with you that the exact effect on the outcome cannot be quantified. But when one candidate gets several million more votes but the other wins by having won 70,000 particular votes in a narrowly defined set of areas, the possibility cannot be discounted.

Trump does himself no favors in this regard when he pretends like he had some mandate or the largest inaugural in history. The facts keep biting him in the ass on these claims which are so easily demonstrated to be false.

Did anybody actually read the tweet? At worst, he's vaguely implying we should have a military coup. Here is the text:

“Where are our military folks? The Commander in Chief is in the hands of our enemy!”

So he is only vaguely treasonous?

There's more to it. The use of social media for example by Russians to create false narratives and exploit some voters.

I agree with you that the exact effect on the outcome cannot be quantified. But when one candidate gets several million more votes but the other wins by having won 70,000 particular votes in a narrowly defined set of areas, the possibility cannot be discounted.

Trump does himself no favors in this regard when he pretends like he had some mandate or the largest inaugural in history. The facts keep biting him in the ass on these claims which are so easily demonstrated to be false.

Russian Twitter trolls? Really? Again, I'm not denying anything that they are accused of doing...I'm just skeptical that it actually changed anybody's vote. I don't think many, if any, votes were changed in Wisconsin or Pennsylvania because they read a tweet from a Russian troll account. If what they did consists of social media troll accounts and spearfishing some documents, that's a problem, but honestly it amuses me more than anything, especially internet trolling.

I agree that Trump does not have any sort of mandate based on the election result; he loves to tout the margin of victory in the Electoral College, which is what decides the election, but his victory was actually much narrower than that would indicate, and more people actually voted for Hillary than him. He knows that, and despite his victory I think that bothers him and makes him insecure.

I also agree that Trump loves to do this thing where he doesn't speak about Putin and Russia in the harshest possible terms (like you're "supposed" to do), and it's done absolutely deliberately to drive people crazy and control the news cycle. His actual actions against Russia haven't been so nice, and that's where more attention should be paid.

Again, I'm still not all that impressed by what Mueller has found so far. I'm not dismissing the possibility he finds more, but there isn't anything yet that ties Trump personally or his campaign to document hacking, Twitter trolls, or any other Russian efforts to influence the election. The best thing they've got is Michael Flynn lying to the FBI about talking with Kislyak. If there's another cockroach lurking somewhere, I bet they get it from Flynn, who is cooperating with Mueller.

Based off of your political beliefs I will disregard your faux outrage over the sanctity of our democracy. I don’t blame him for not believing the very departments of government that are trying trying to bury him. I know you believe the CIA and FBI are above political bias. I do not

do we have any idea how many foreign twitter accounts there are? cause it seems each and every one of them could be guilty of the same thing.

VN Store

Back