How has Worley looked in practice?

They may go the dink and dunk route like with Ainge to try to avoid pressure and sacks.

I wouldn't be against that. Since Bray's been injured, our best plays in the passing game have been dinks and dunks. If they creep up on us maybe Arnett or Rogers can sneak behind the defense and give Worley a chance to fit one over the top. I didn't say Da'Rick because it sounds like Worley might not be able to get him the ball before the safety arrives on the scene and you can bet Da'Rick will be watched by a safety all night.

Am aware the video was slowed down BUT:

1. JW throws primarily short passes. Not a knock, might be necessary against the SC pass rush.

2. Longer passes have no zip in them, may be easy picking for CB, DB, and safeties.

3. Makes me think we may see Nash given a shot before the game is over. But then again, maybe JW was just told to throw relaxed for that practice to ease him into a comfort level.

This is a joke right?

I've heard he was spot-on in yesterday's practice, and the same guy that was there told me "not to worry".
Love this news. I hope anxiety doesn't effect what might otherwise be a pretty good performance.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Love this news. I hope anxiety doesn't effect what might otherwise be a pretty good performance.

I was told this by one of my friends who is a trainer on the team. He said it was a great week in practice all around, for everyone. Hopefully it carries over.

I was told this by one of my friends who is a trainer on the team. He said it was a great week in practice all around, for everyone. Hopefully it carries over.

From the post practices and the twitter chatter from DR and others the mood absolutely seems to have lightened. If thats not Worley over Simms generated I can't imagine what else it could be.

From the post practices and the twitter chatter from DR and others the mood absolutely seems to have lightened. If thats not Worley over Simms generated I can't imagine what else it could be.

Black jerseys?

I kid....

1. JW throws primarily short passes. Not a knock, might be necessary against the SC pass rush.

2. Longer passes have no zip in them, may be easy picking for CB, DB, and safeties.

3. Makes me think we may see Nash given a shot before the game is over. But then again, maybe JW was just told to throw relaxed for that practice to ease him into a comfort level.

And you have no idea what you are talking about.

You forgot to add the sarcasam smiley face. I mean I do assume this was sarcasam, right? No way this is serious.

No. I just don't think Worley is ready (unless he has taken enormous strides, which doesn't seem like it according to the coaches) to be an everday QB in the SEC.

Worley has been through spring and fall practices. He has a good football head. He has gotten stronger. He is as ready this years as Bray was last year. He will do fine.

You forgot to add the sarcasam smiley face. I mean I do assume this was sarcasam, right? No way this is serious.

If you saw any of his games or tape of his games, you would have seen that he also throw throw deep ball. He sees the field better than Bray and makes quick decisions as does Bray. In fact, I doubt that he will throw into double coverage as often as Bray. I doubt he can thread the needle as well as Bray, and I don't think he will beat out Bray next year. However, he is the only chance we have in getting to a bowl game this year.

I've heard he was spot-on in yesterday's practice, and the same guy that was there told me "not to worry".

i will always worry about a freshman QB going against a ranked SEC team but he is our shot at salvaging a decent season so hopefully he translates the good practice to game time

VN Store

Back