How do you get pumped for games?

Just hearing John Ward say it's Football Time in Tennessee gets the adrenaline flowing and the hairs standing straight up. Oh wait, what year is it?

I like to blast Nickelback for a solid hour up until kickoff

giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 people
If it's a late game I usually try to keep myself busy so I don't burn myself out early. Otherwise I usually start drinking beer. The CBS curse ends this year btw!!

The week leading up to the game I look forward to Chatt's "What Other Message Boards Are Saying" thread and The Official Girls of... thread.

On Game Day, I read Yankee's "Official Game" Thread.

Around noon (10am if it's a noon game) I crack open a bottle of whiskey and start slamming down Jack n Cokes

Like Freak, I play Rocky Top over and over!

I second this answer. no point in typing it 2x.

I used to have more of a ritual when I was young and single. Now that I'm married with kids it's more about spending time with them. I don't get as worked up as I used to. I think it's a combination of getting older and the last 10 years numbing me to losing. That being said, I did kinda lose my mind at the end of the UF game last year.

I'm like most here (I am glad, now I can show my wife that its not just Me acting unusual).

I always take a day or two to decide the meal, and its something usually that takes time which helps me with the anticipation. I started a Ganeday Recipe Thread here last season, hopefully we can get it up front by the time football starts so we can add to it. I also make sure my kids have Orange Gear on and they enjoy the hype videos I turn on as the day goes by. I like the Suds too, I stay away from the hard stuff, it gets me "riled" up and from the past several years I didn't need that.

I love me some Football weekends!

VN Store

Back