How do you get pumped for games?

Why does anyone need to "get pumped" for games? Kinda happens naturally, but if you guys need your little blue pill for UT football, then oh well.

I agree. I go about my other business until game time and then I am pumped up when the game comes on (or starts). I certainly do not have some ritual to get myself ready.

Reactions: 1 person
Man, I am pumped when I wake up on game day, and the challenge living in MD is finding the place to watch it. These people up here have no idea what football means. I am dressed in Orange head to toe while they sport a MD shirt or hat. When you live outside the SEC, you really get an understanding of how we VFL's feel about football. By the end of the game, I usually have a couple of people around me rooting as well. Excitement is contagious. Go Vols baby. Is it football season yet. Yes.....always.

I don't have to do anything to get "pumped" for the games. When I wake up on Saturday morning, I know it's gameday. Therefore, I guess I have a built-in "pumper".

The week leading up to the game I look forward to Chatt's "What Other Message Boards Are Saying" thread and The Official Girls of... thread.

On Game Day, I read Yankee's "Official Game" Thread.

Around noon (10am if it's a noon game) I crack open a bottle of whiskey and start slamming down Jack n Cokes

Like Freak, I play Rocky Top over and over!

I made the list!

I'm in the Big Leagues now :)

Well, the evening prior, I turn all the lights in the house off or down low, light up a dozen or so strategically placed scented candles, put on a little Luther Vandross, and wait for my baby to walk in, then we....

Haha! NOPE! None of that! I wake up Saturday morning insta-pumped, and ready to rock! Sometimes put on ESPN just to laugh at Fowler and Corso a bit, then it's time for some football!

if i'm not at the game i like to watch the band do the pregame show on youtube. Starting when they form the power t and do the v---o---l---s! V--o--l--s! V-o-l-s! Go vols go! And when they run through the t.
this!

Attachments

• 10501680_711710692217568_8730204069724937916_n.jpg
    10501680_711710692217568_8730204069724937916_n.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1
I pull up the guide on u-verse and see what time the game comes on - pumping up commences automatically.

Although I love night games, I will say that there's nothing better than an early game where Tennessee wins. Then you get to bask in the post-win glory and watch college football the rest of the day and delight in all the upsets and misery of the fanbases you hate.

Reactions: 2 people
Actually, looking back, I think Streator came on the scene after Ernie and Bernie days. Oh well, I'm old and too many beers since then :)

I usually just recite Neyland's game maxims while holding my fist up and then try to start the wave

I wake up.

This is exactly what I was gonna say because I can't say I do anything special, I just wake up excited and pumped.
The only exception was the last 2 years dooley was the coach. Those 2 years I would wake up with more of a sense of dread and wondering how he would find a way to lose games.

Just hearing John Ward say it's Football Time in Tennessee gets the adrenaline flowing and the hairs standing straight up.

VN Store

Back