How do you eat an elephant?

Either Debord has to make a quantum leap in performance in his role to get to the next level (10 wins)... orrrr, we (Me, myself and Irene) just don't get the genius of the man... and perhaps great things are just around the corner with this guy on the throttle.

We should put cam at WR and get ourselves the SECOND defensive Heisman. DeBord knows how to make it work

Reactions: 1 person
We are 5 or 6 plays from being 11-0. Let that sink in for a minute. Yea there were painful mistakes that cost us. The Coach's and players learn and grow as we make this journey. The Coach's have this team playing its ass off with MAXIMUM EFFORT, recruiting is the best it has been in years, and the national media is taking notice. Give it a break man. Nobody folded this year.

The media actually did notice Butch. Stop acting like we are making this stuff up.

Reactions: 3 people
Thanks for the reply. I disagree that a loss can be put on a coach, or a player. A football game is a cumulative outcome. Every game is full of individual missed opportunities (an offensive or defensive play call, a dropped pass, an ineffective block, a missed route, a slip on a sad playing surface, etc), it's just convenient to point to one or two if it doesn't go your way. I think you build a team that can play the game well enough to compensate for any of those missed opportunities, and win championships. And I still think that's what Jones is doing.

Very well put. I disagree, and that's okay.

The coach should be above math errors and shooting his own team in the foot with timeouts. Those should be expected of players and even new head coaches. Not a HBC at an SEC school.

Reactions: 2 people
The media actually did notice Butch. Stop acting like we are making this stuff up.

At the time the media also failed to recognize Baker Mayfield as a potential Heisman candidate.

They also said Florida was a bad team.

The media's job is simply to stir the pot to get more readers, listeners, viewers. That's it. They don't have to be honest or realistic.

Reactions: 4 people
At the time the media also failed to recognize Baker Mayfield as a potential Heisman candidate.

They also said Florida was a bad team.

The media's job is simply to stir the pot to get more readers, listeners, viewers. That's it. They don't have to be honest or realistic.

And you do? Lol

Seems every year around August the fan base gets all lathered up with great expectations. Looking to see this occur again, but for me I'll take the a wait/see approach with this team. Certainly believe Coach Jones has provided progress, but until he beats our nemesis (Gators) we will be 2nd or 3rd in the SEC East.

Seems every year around August the fan base gets all lathered up with great expectations. Looking to see this occur again, but for me I'll take the a wait/see approach with this team. Certainly believe Coach Jones has provided progress, but until he beats our nemesis (Gators) we will be 2nd or 3rd in the SEC East.

How many years has it been since we beat every team in the SEC East but one?

Wow. What a goal. "Almost good enough"

They don't make trophies for that.

Wylo, this is the kind of garbage you pull in every post. The guy made a very valid observation of our progress, and you completely go off track. Please stop.

Reactions: 11 people
If people cannot see that we are on a good trajectory, then that is their problem. If things go our way next year on the injury front, it could be a special year. I see our players getting nothing but better and continuing this upward arc.

I really enjoyed watching us play last night at Mizzou. That was a tough environment, but we were a nasty, physical bunch on both sides of the ball. We dominated that game thoroughly. It helped that their QB looked like a deer in the headlights, but we'll take it.

I liked the game plans on D and O, too. Very aggressive on D to keep the QB from getting comfortable and in any kind of rhythm. And, given Mizzou's offensive woes, I appreciated the more conservative, physical approach on O. The only way Mizzou was going to steal that game was if we turned the ball over. And we didn't.

No. My response was fine. The attitude of being happy about biting almost good enough is insane.

Wylo, this is the kind of garbage you pull in every post. The guy made a very valid observation of our progress, and you completely go off track. Please stop.

Kick him off! I'm tired of his negativity. He's like the dead fish McElwain spoke of yesterday.

4 years pre-Butch (excluding bowls):

Year. Record. NSD. Scoring.

2009. 7-5/4-4. #10. 30.58 - 21.00
2010. 6-6/3-5. #9. 24.91 - 26.00
2011. 5-7/1-7. #14. 20.23 - 22.58
2012. 5-7/1-7. #20. 36.16 - 35.66

Blow Out Games (20 pts or more):

Year. Given-taken
2009. 3-1
2010. 2-3
2011. 4-3
2012. 3-2

Butch Tenure to Date (excluding bowl):

2013. 5-7/2-6. #24. 23.83 - 29.00
2014. 6-6/3-5. #7. 27.50 - 23.90
2015. 7-4/4-3. #5. 32.63 - 20.54

Year. Given-Taken
2013. 2-4
2014. 3-1
2015. 4-0 (and counting)

Bowl Game Record:

Butch 1, Predecessors 0-2

Reactions: 2 people
Kick him off! I'm tired of his negativity. He's like the dead fish McElwain spoke of yesterday.

No. Don't kick Wylo off. He doesn't mean ill will. He just can't help himself. As a community we need to help him out. Come on Wylo, join the force. The dark side isn't nearly as much fun. LOL

No. Don't kick Wylo off. He doesn't mean ill will. He just can't help himself. As a community we need to help him out. Come on Wylo, join the force. The dark side isn't nearly as much fun. LOL

They have cookies

We having elephant steak in Neyland after the game next year. You heard it here first, better make your reservation.

4 years pre-Butch (excluding bowls):

2009. 7-5/4-4. #10. 30.58 - 21.00
2010. 6-6/3-5. #9. 24.91 - 26.00
2011. 5-7/1-7. #14. 20.23 - 22.58
2012. 5-7/1-7. #20. 36.16 - 35.66

Year. Given-taken
2009. 3-1
2010. 2-3
2011. 4-3
2012. 3-2

Butch Tenure to Date (excluding bowl):

2013. 5-7/2-6. #24. 23.83 - 29.00
2014. 6-6/3-5. #7. 27.50 - 23.90
2015. 7-4/4-3. #5. 32.63 - 20.54

Year. Given-Taken
2013. 2-4
2014. 3-1
2015. 4-0 (and counting)

Bowl Game Record:

Butch 1, Predecessors 0-2

Good stuff

Volly, serious question for you:

Why would you believe he will, other than just blind faith?

Not trying to fight or be disrespectful because you are very respectful and I just want to know how you look at this.

I actually think that Butch will fold in those games. He always has. So clearly I'm deeply in the corner of he'll never do it.

But what makes you believe he will break through in one or both games?

Didn't ask me but I will give it a whirl. I believe he will beat these teams as he has significantly closed the gap in talent and scoreboard results. We have also won a close game against a top flight team under Butch. That would be USC Butch's first year, and before some idiot says USC doesn't count, that USC team finished the seasoning the top 5 that year. Our record, assuming we finish out the way I expect, continues to improve under Butch. Depth is improving, which has been an issue even though some want to pretend like it hasn't been.

VN Store

Back