How do we sellout vs KY and not Mizzou?

Even though Mizzou is a divisional rival many folks don't feel like they belong even though they came into the SEC with a bang. Kentucky has been on the schedule for a long time so people see them as a rival, and they frikin HATE Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people
It's ~600 miles from Knoxville to Mizzou and ~170 from UK to UT.

Is it a surprise that people are more willing to drive 2.5 hours as opposed to 8.5?

I expect the fact that next weekend is Thanksgiving and a lot of people have travel plans for that weekend and aren't as willing to come as far for a game the weekend before might play a role. That's why I can't come.

1tlyjn.jpg

I would love to be there but it bumps up against my Thanksgiving travel plans, and I'm probably not the only one.

And I should add I resent the hell out of moving our trad'l Thanksgiving weekend game with KY like it's been for over 20 years.

Believe it or not, Kentucky is a pretty major rivalry. We don't have a history with Missouri. Simple as that.

Our fan base has no respect for Mizzu (despite the fact that they have beat us 2 years straight and won the east and are 8-2 this season). It is what it is. Our fan base respects the traditional SEC teams.

I just made the comment to my wife late last night that I thought it was Odd Butch has said 102,455 this week. I assume he has more things on his mind like trying to get a few backups ready and keeping the team focused. Heck, maybe he thought we would show up without his urging to see us beat a top 20 team. There is still time, but we have twice as many seats now as we did last week at this same time and it didn't sell out until game day. Hard to sellout on game days because the ticket window has to compete with the scalpers. I hope the Volnation shows up and supports in a loud way!!!

I just made the comment to my wife late last night that I thought it was Odd Butch has said 102,455 this week. I assume he has more things on his mind like trying to get a few backups ready and keeping the team focused. Heck, maybe he thought we would show up without his urging to see us beat a top 20 team. There is still time, but we have twice as many seats now as we did last week at this same time and it didn't sell out until game day. Hard to sellout on game days because the ticket window has to compete with the scalpers. I hope the Volnation shows up and supports in a loud way!!!

lol if you think Butch Jones is the one operating that Twitter account on a daily basis.

Reactions: 4 people
Our fan base has no respect for Mizzu (despite the fact that they have beat us 2 years straight and won the east and are 8-2 this season). It is what it is. Our fan base respects the traditional SEC teams.

We really don't respect many - if any - of them, honestly.

Reactions: 1 person
My theory is that last week's win was critical to gaining bowl eligibility. I think most people are assuming we will beat Vandy. Therefore people may be in money conservation mode planning a bowl trip.

I figure it will be similar to the UK game. 100,000+, the 102455 was a lie, the student section never filled up and there were plenty of open seats, just not many clumped together.

Reactions: 1 person
I figure it will be similar to the UK game. 100,000+, the 102455 was a lie, the student section never filled up and there were plenty of open seats, just not many clumped together.

The student section is very deceptive as there are extra people in every row in the lower bowl. But, like a lot of games, there were tickets that went unused.

lol if you think Butch Jones is the one operating that Twitter account on a daily basis.

Butch normally says in every interview leading up to a home game we need 102455. He hasn't said it once this week. His twitter account was the first time 102455 has been mentioned this week. I just though it was a little odd that he hadn't mentioned it.

VN Store

Back