how about Kliff Kingsbury

I can see him as a HC in about five years but face it...whoever comes in is already coming into a mess and we cannot afford a rookie HC right now. There are a couple of good assistant coaches out there but not now.

Hmmm Did Sumlin make KK or did KK make Sumlin? Could be the later. Chicken or egg?

Paul Brown > Sid Gillman > Doug Scovil > Lavell Edwards > Norm Chow > Hal Mumme > Mike Leach > Dana Holgorsen > Kevin Sumlin made him. Smart guy, but not much separates him from Lincoln Riley or Neal Brown besides TFS/AR intricacies and better athletes.

Frankly, if I were Kliff Kingsbury, I wouldn't be too interested in leaving Texas A & M anytime soon. The opportunity to coach quarterbacks of Johnny Manziel's caliber doesn't come along too often. Kingsbury's resume and visibility for future coaching positions will only be enhanced by A & M's success and his role in mentoring Johnny Football.

When dude's rocking the Wayfarers on the sideline, he looks just like Ryan Gosling. It's uncanny.

bro.. thought that ALL along. Glad I'm not the only one that's homo for this guy (joke).
RDFYEINCVULRSNP.20121121235814.jpg

Kliff Kingsbury or Ryan Gosling. YOU TELL ME lol.

Hmmm Did Sumlin make KK or did KK make Sumlin? Could be the later. Chicken or egg?

Sumlin's work as an OC for A&M and Oklahoma are what got him his first HC job at Houston. Make no mistake thats Sumlin's offense. KK has only been running it for 3 years. Before that he was a Quality Control assistant (glorified towel boy).

Here's great article on Sumlin.

Kevin Sumlin has brought Houston Cougars back to respectability - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

He would be my number one choice.

Sumlin's work as an OC for A&M and Oklahoma are what got him his first HC job at Houston. Make no mistake thats Sumlin's offense. KK has only been running it for 3 years. Before that he was a Quality Control assistant (glorified towel boy).

Here's great article on Sumlin.

Kevin Sumlin has brought Houston Cougars back to respectability - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

He would be my number one choice.

i still can not believe the vols hired Dooley instead of Sumlin he is a great coach..

and myself i want a proven coach as well but if it all fell threw and they had to go with a cordinater than my first choice would be Kliff.

what would be awsome is the next head coach we get could nab Kliff from A&M put him on our staff and he could be our future . say Gruden was hired make kliff oc and if gruden in 3 to 5 years wants to leave then we got kliff to finish the job

bump //no gruden + 5 candidates that don't impress = take a chance your probably going to get fired any way since no gruden and role dice on ckk

A 'good' up an coming guy may be all that's willing to come (sad as that is). I wouldn't SMH over Kingsbury. At this point, it's job for a either a 2nd tier (or worse) coach with previous experience or a true young gun. You never know, maybe the 3rd times the charm.

I like Kliff but dont think hes ready to be a HC yet. Maybe in a few years. Certainly not ready to take over a program of this stature. TN really shouldn't be anyones first head coaching job.

I like Kliff but dont think hes ready to be a HC yet. Maybe in a few years. Certainly not ready to take over a program of this stature. TN really shouldn't be anyones first head coaching job.

Disagree ......The right OC or DC would be fine . Fulmer and Dickey seemed to do pretty good . Richt , Fisher Mullen and Muschamp just off the top of my head have had success as coordinators stepping up too . Just need the right guy and a little luck

Geez people get off sumlins nuts. The guy is not who we needed at the time Dooley was hired. We needed a rebuilder not a coach to take over a solid program. That's what he did at uh. If anything Briles is the guy. He built uh and look what he has done at Baylor. Unfortunatly I think he is waiting it out to push hard for the UTex job when it comes open.

Seriously y'all are on these guys nuts and they've come out and said they don't really have a play book. They pretty much let that kid run around and play backyard ball. Of course they do well against teams in sec that are use to playing against teams that are fundamental football teams.

People are just blind. They did well vs Florida cause they had no tape out to see what was going on. A new coach and this wiry QB and no tape cause thier first game was postponed. Think about it!!! I really just don't understand why people can't understand how this makes a difference. Also they beat Bama 29-24. They scored 20 of those pts in the 1st qtr!!!!! So to people I need to explain this to....they scored 9 pts from the 2nd-4th qtrs!!!!! It took the 1st qtr for Bama to adjust to him and then they controlled the game from there. That's natural when playing a gimmicky team.

I heard analysis about what happened between last yr and this yr for Cam Newton. It pretty much said last yr was him just being able to go out there and do his thing with out having to learn the play book etc. Had a yr under his belt and now they r trying to get him to learn the play book etc. To much thinking and throw in the fact that opponents now know his game better and it's not a surprise to see a "sophomore slump".

Give it some time and you'll see the Aggies having more difficulty. Especially if they try to ride this kids backyard ball style for to long. He'll get hurt and then let's see how they have the team prepared.

Last edited:
Geez people get of sumlins nuts. The guy is not who we needed at the time Dooley was hired. We needed a rebuilder not a coach to take offer a solid program. That's what he did at uh. If anything Briles is the guy. He built uh and look what he has done at Baylor. Unfortunatly I think he is waiting it out to push hard for the UTex job when it comes open.

Seriously y'all are on these guys nuts and they've come out and said they don't really have a play book. They pretty much let that kid run around and play backyard ball. Of course they do well against teams in sec that are use to playing against teams that are fundamental football teams.

People are just blind. They did well vs Florida cause they had no tape out to see what was going on. A new coach and this wiry QB and no tape cause thier first game was postponed. Think about it!!! I really just don't understand why people can't understand how this makes a difference. Also they beat Bama 29-24. They scored 20 of those pts in the 1st qtr!!!!! So to people I need to explain this to....they scored 9 pts from the 2nd-4th qtrs!!!!! It took the 1st qtr for Bama to adjust to him and then they controlled the game from there. That's natural when playing a gimmicky team.

I heard analysis about what happened between last yr and this yr for Cam Newton. It pretty much said last yr was him just being able to go out there and do his thing with out having to learn the play book etc. Had a yr under his belt and now they r trying to get him to learn the play book etc. To much thinking and throw in the fact that opponents now know his game better and it's not a surprise to see a "sophomore slump".

Give it some time and you'll see the Aggies having more difficulty. Especially if they try to ride this kids backyard ball style for to long. He'll get hurt and then let's see how they have the team prepared.

I'm just going to be painfully honest here, but this is the dumbest thing I've read in a month.

They don't have a playbook because everything they install is through hudl.

Not even close to backyard ball. They probably, and this goes for all of the air raid teams, have the best practices out there. It's a way of doing things that emphasizes reps over implementation. All of the base plays are from Chow and Doug Scovil. That isn't backyard ball.

It took 1 quarter to adjust and still lose. Makes plenty of sense.

If this shiz is so easy to adjust, why the are more and more teams picking up this gimmick? Must be terrible when the backyard QB from Baylor is demolishing the NFL right now. Guess they don't have enough tape yet.

We're seeing an offensive revolution here and people are too blind to see. People like Noel Mazzone are revolving offenses around concision and execution, and getting a ton of points out of zero talent.

Then you have teams like LA Tech that had 227 yards rushing per game. Tony Franklin is as hard air raid as they come. Backyard fools trying to run the ball.

Sorry, this is just stupid.

whats up with you man. if you cant see that they are good coaches then its probably good you are doing what you are doing.

whats up with you man. if you cant see that they are good coaches then its probably good you are doing what you are doing. and not coaching

I'm just going to be painfully honest here, but this is the dumbest thing I've read in a month.

They don't have a playbook because everything they install is through hudl.

Not even close to backyard ball. They probably, and this goes for all of the air raid teams, have the best practices out there. It's a way of doing things that emphasizes reps over implementation. All of the base plays are from Chow and Doug Scovil. That isn't backyard ball.

It took 1 quarter to adjust and still lose. Makes plenty of sense.

If this shiz is so easy to adjust, why the are more and more teams picking up this gimmick? Must be terrible when the backyard QB from Baylor is demolishing the NFL right now. Guess they don't have enough tape yet.

We're seeing an offensive revolution here and people are too blind to see. People like Noel Mazzone are revolving offenses around concision and execution, and getting a ton of points out of zero talent.

Then you have teams like LA Tech that had 227 yards rushing per game. Tony Franklin is as hard air raid as they come. Backyard fools trying to run the ball.

Sorry, this is just stupid.

Hmmmm theyve said themselves that they really don't have play book. Formations and then let him do his thing. So I'm the stupid one cause I'm the informed one?? Ok bud :good!:

My pt about Bama just went right over your head. I actually reread it and knew that part would be taken the way you did by someone unable to comprehend it. Thought about fixing it but the server issues didn't let me so let it be. They did lose but it had more to do with the Aggies D then thier O. They scored 9 pts in 3 full qtrs. not very impressive. If the kid is suppose to score and do his thing at will. Really Griffen is demolishing the nfl right now??? The skins are 6-6 right now. They beat the giants 17-16 this past wknd. That's the D winning the game not him. I threw in the newton analysis to make my pt so obviously that connection went over your head too. I can't explain it all in posts so if you can't put it together don't call me stupid...look in the mirror and say it.

If you've read my previous post you'd know I agree with the changes in Os that are going on now. Those reasons were part of my arguments to try to calm people down this yr when Troy and the like scored do much on us. Takes time to adjust to and why IMO monte Kiffin couldn't cut it at USC. It's why my biggest concern right now is a good DC that can control this type of game and then at the same time control the ground and pound game too.

So don't give me these insults like you are the smartest person on the board.

whats up with you man. if you cant see that they are good coaches then its probably good you are doing what you are doing.

I'm glad with what I do. Trust I'm doing just fine my friend :hi: never said they aren't good coaches just haven't proven it to me that they are UT good. We see things different and that's all.

Last edited:
Disagree ......The right OC or DC would be fine . Fulmer and Dickey seemed to do pretty good . Richt , Fisher Mullen and Muschamp just off the top of my head have had success as coordinators stepping up too . Just need the right guy and a little luck

All of those guys you mentioned have been coaching for decades. Kliff has been coaching since 2009. You think hes read?!

This guy will eventually be a successful coach. He clearly is the coolest guy on anyone's coaching search list.

VN Store

Back