how about Kliff Kingsbury

I think we should hire Texas a&m s hole dam staff but they aint leaving Texas but we could get Kliff

Kliff knows X's and O's and was excellent as a game manager when he was playing. Between what he's done playing and coaching in college and the fact that he's pretty highly thought of by Bill Belichik.

Hop aboard lets get this train going. This is what we need a good up and coming coach with fire and his work looks better than kiffins and dooleys and he knows how to win big games.

Last edited:
Gruden is not coming my god people get real . We are down and we need change

This! Gruden has been a long, long, long shot at best from the beginning. Anyone that said otherwise was straight up lying, nothing was ever even close. Kingsbury is the future and at this point with Dooley virtually gone and facing 6-6, what does UT really have to lose? Definitely not as much of a long term gamble as alot of the other names.

A7ZEQmMCcAAqspT.jpg

Apparently KK had a GQ shoot to get to after the game.

they was just saying in the vols game about kliff what i have been saying

dont get me wrong i want gruden but he will be a sumlin

Maybe it's me, but I feel the UT job is too prestigious and primo to be given over to an "up and coming" coach. Eff that, we need a name guy for recruiting with Xs & Os credibility as well.

Reactions: 1 person
I would not be worried about a chance on KK, as long as he can bring in a proven DC.

I think it would boast recruiting and would also encourage bray, hunter, and Patterson to return.

Sumlin and Brian Kelly weren't attractive for our last hire but we wish we had them now. Muschamp was a coordinator last year. All of the "experienced head coaches" that seem possible also have unsuccessful moments that make you pause. Kingsbury will not be another Dooley because he has some x's and o's knowledge. He seems like he would be a good recruiter. If no Gruden I would at least interview Kingsbury and pair him with a world class DC.

Last edited:
Sumlin and Brian Kelly weren't attractive for our last hire but we wish we had them now. Muschamp was a coordinator last year. All of the "experienced head coaches" that seem possible also have unsuccessful moments that make you pause. Kingsbury will not be another Dooley because he has some x's and o's knowledge. He seems like he would be a good recruiter. If no Gruden I would at least interview Kingsbury and pair him with a world class DC.
He will be a head coach and he will be one that people will face palm about because he wasn't hired by them . A coach has to start somewhere and he is a offensive guru since coaching he has produced 2 Hiesman candidates at two different schools back to back and johnny football will be the one that will win it as a undersized freshman and when he was at Houston there great qb got hurt he helped another kid break records

That guy is going to win an SEC championship before it's over.......the thing about coaches that turn programs around and go to future, is they are often talanted assistants.....most prior HC unless they're at a no name trying to get to next level (which sometiems means lack of big time experience).....are has beens, wanna bes and doing to well to be interested. looking at bowl history most of the best turn arounds came of talanted coordinators finally getting their shot. If Gruden were not on table I'd love to have Kliff.....but only if he walks with a orange and white pimp cane.....cause he could look natural with that.

But getting someone like Gruden is just very rare.....if it happens hard to argue with that. Kliff has a bright future with someone though. If I was Arky I'd nab him.

Hmmm Did Sumlin make KK or did KK make Sumlin? Could be the later. Chicken or egg?

Hmmm Did Sumlin make KK or did KK make Sumlin? Could be the later. Chicken or egg?

I heard they learned to play off their differences to accentuate their own strengths, and build a championship power.

Here's an early photo of the two:

tumblr_mbx7x7toeq1r64ajko1_500.jpg

VN Store

Back