Honestly.. It's almost depressing..

Another excuse making sunshine pumper. Well I've got news for you. There's no excuse for not at least showing improvement and not regression.[/QUOTE

We have progressed this year with probably the most worse talented tennessee team in history

Another excuse making sunshine pumper. Well I've got news for you. There's no excuse for not at least showing improvement and not regression.

Ur another idiot who wants butch gone if he doesn't win a national championship year one let me tell u something bud if Tennessee swaps out coaches every year we will never be good again idiots like u on volnation drive me crazy u obviously don't understand the rebuilding process at all we have the number 2 recruiting class and ur over here worrying like a d**n woman pick urself up bro get urself to together

Response to cbb2122:

Only a complete moron would think that we have progressed anywhere on the field this year. We have progressed in recruiting only and that is the only saving grace for Butch thus far. On the field we have gotten worse as the year has gone by and even a blind man could see it. It's forgivable for Butch not to win games right now, but UNACCEPTABLE not to be competitive and showing improvement. We're getting worse not better stupid!!!

Last edited:
Auburn's situation cannot be compared to UT. They had a terrible year last year, it's true, but they are three years removed from a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. Where the hell were we three years ago? Not to take anything way from Malzan, he deserves coach of the year in our conference, and he was the right hire for that program. I'm convinced Butch was the right hire for us.

Ur another idiot who wants butch gone if he doesn't win a national championship year one let me tell u something bud if Tennessee swaps out coaches every year we will never be good again idiots like u on volnation drive me crazy u obviously don't understand the rebuilding process at all we have the number 2 recruiting class and ur over here worrying like a d**n woman pick urself up bro get urself to together

Whoa just a minute Mr. CryBabyBoy - I didn't read in Mr. Vol87's post anything like you're describing above. IMO, his observation of today's preformance was right on track. If you don't agree, then I challenge you to list the points of improvement that you saw today from the previous two games. Although we can hear about improved attitudes, players supporting one another, dedication to rebuilding one brick at a time, gaining confidence in being able to win, etc., the only evidence that we have that any of that improves team performance is what we see in the game - and I don't think we saw any evidence of improvement today.

Reactions: 1 person
Auburn was expected to win. But getting slaughtered by a team that didn't win a single SEC game last year is a little too much.

You can't go by what Auburn did last year. They have had some very good recruiting classes over the last five years. Coaching was their main issue, which it is not this year.

Don't really care what anybody thinks.. negative or positive. Just because it's on an online thread doesn't mean it should be tolerated. If you met a fan like that in real life you wouldn't really want to talk to them.. so what's the difference? Not questioning anybody's fanhood, just saying.. it gets old.

Nothing new?

Yeah, its nothing new that a team puts up 55 in Neyland while only throwing the ball 7 times.

Just a regular ole fall Saturday in knoxville

The manner might be, but the Vols getting mollywhopped by ranked teams has been nothing new since the 2010-2011 season.

Sir, with all due respect. I think you're seeing fans react to how we are losing, rather than simply losing. I don't think you saw this much animosity after the Georgia loss. Giving up 987 yards rushing in 3 games with little improvement on defense will cause people to over react. We beat Vandy & KY and you'll see support return. We lose one of those, and get ready.

Yeah all the fair weather fans will return too. We are in a horrible situation, it is going to get better. We knew the D was slow last year. A new coaching staff will not increase speed.

Junior - take your own advice and don't log on and don't read the forum.

You don't seem to understand that forums are for people to express their opinion whether you agree or not. Just because a responder is disappointed doesn't mean they are not VFL and by expressing their opinon, they're certainly not "making the fan base look like a joke". Would you prefer that people not care one way or the other?

I have no quarrels with any Vol fan. Do what you do, feel how you feel. But when every thread is negativity towards coaches/players/team it gets old. It's like they should have their own forum to get together and bad mouth their favorite team.

Sir, with all due respect. I think you're seeing fans react to how we are losing, rather than simply losing. I don't think you saw this much animosity after the Georgia loss. Giving up 987 yards rushing in 3 games with little improvement on defense will cause people to over react. We beat Vandy & KY and you'll see support return. We lose one of those, and get ready.

Most fans with an IQ over 80 knew this would be a very tough year. BUT, but, we expected to see a team that a. plays hard b. has discipline c. gets better with each game. d. is competitive in most games. DO YOU really think that is what has transpired ? I don't. These past 2 games have caused me to lose some respect for Butch and a lot of respect for part of the team. Some of the team has quit .

Reactions: 1 person
Most fans with an IQ over 80 knew this would be a very tough year. BUT, but, we expected to see a team that a. plays hard b. has discipline c. gets better with each game. d. is competitive in most games. DO YOU really think that is what has transpired ? I don't. These past 2 games have caused me to lose some respect for Butch and a lot of respect for part of the team. Some of the team has quit .

My thoughts exactly. Excellent post !

The only positive is recruiting. So far the product on the field looks as bad, if not worse, than we've seen in recent years. Obviously the talent isn't there but haven't seen any improvement with the coaching either. Didn't expect miracles but would've liked to see progress as the year went on. Unfortunately it looks like we've regressed, especially the defense.
Hopefully it's just a talent issue. But we will find out over the next two years if that is our only problem.

Getting on the threads and reading how negative some people can be. Almost makes me want to not even log on and read. If you expected us to be a powerhouse this year simply because of a coaching change then you're a lunatic. Things take time and if you cannot come to that realization then you're going to spend a lot of time as a butthurt fan. Buckle up and show some dang support, you're making the fan base look like a joke.

Nobody expected UT to be a powerhouse. When you make this assertion as a basis for calling guys on here crazy you're way off base IMO.

I did expect this team to be at least remotely competitive vs the really good teams on our schedule, not get out scored 231-67. I did expect to see this team get progressively better through the year...they haven't.

I didn't expect the team to look so poorly coached (still taking bad angles, missed tackles, multiple deadball offsides penalties, multiple dropped passes per game, etc) this far along in the season. I also expected the team to play with intensity and focus no matter how badly they were "out talented". And I expected to see our team appear at some point to have a scheme advantage somewhere, anywhere....haven't seen that either. I've been a huge Butch advocate and I still really like what he's doing in recruiting and all the off field stuff. On the field however, he's done a very poor job IMO.

I think ppl forget that we have had three diff coaching changes, consecutive years of not recruiting good , and probably the worst situational program at the moment and ppl expect a national championships first year still lol get out of 98 ppl get out of the glory days u ppl drive me crazy

I dont think people exspected a national championship,just a team that looks like there giving there all for Tennessee,and it dose not appear that they are,and if they are doin all that there bein coached....well then its coaching simple as that this is not rocket surgery:peace2:

Getting on the threads and reading how negative some people can be. Almost makes me want to not even log on and read. If you expected us to be a powerhouse this year simply because of a coaching change then you're a lunatic. Things take time and if you cannot come to that realization then you're going to spend a lot of time as a butthurt fan. Buckle up and show some dang support, you're making the fan base look like a joke.

I don't know one fan that expected us to be a powerhouse this season. I know many, including myself, that did expect to see us compete in every game.

We are not competing in every game. No trick plays?
If we are going to get blown out lets get blown out and leave everything on the field. IMO we play like we are in the game when down by 3 TD's.

Kinda like the Auburn lunatics who expected a big change from last season just because of a coaching change???

Stupid post. Nobody on here expected a nt. I expected 6-6. Go back and look at my earlier posts if you don't believe me. But I don't expect our defense to regress like it has. And if we lose next week, the season is officially a failure - and strike one against Butch.

I just don't know what happened. This does not look like the same team that played Georgia and South Carolina. How many times did our defensive players freeze, flat footed while the ball carrier breezed right by them?

VN Store

Back