Honestly.. It's almost depressing..

volbrawler

Getting on the threads and reading how negative some people can be. Almost makes me want to not even log on and read. If you expected us to be a powerhouse this year simply because of a coaching change then you're a lunatic. Things take time and if you cannot come to that realization then you're going to spend a lot of time as a butthurt fan. Buckle up and show some dang support, you're making the fan base look like a joke.

Reactions: 16 people
Getting on the threads and reading how negative some people can be. Almost makes me want to not even log on and read. If you expected us to be a powerhouse this year simply because of a coaching change then you're a lunatic. Things take time and if you cannot come to that realization then you're going to spend a lot of time as a butthurt fan. Buckle up and show some dang support, you're making the fan base look like a joke.

back off the ledge:whistling:

Reactions: 1 person
Sir, with all due respect. I think you're seeing fans react to how we are losing, rather than simply losing. I don't think you saw this much animosity after the Georgia loss. Giving up 987 yards rushing in 3 games with little improvement on defense will cause people to over react. We beat Vandy & KY and you'll see support return. We lose one of those, and get ready.

Reactions: 11 people

Thank you sir.

Auburn says hi.

Auburn says hi.

I think the better team won. No big deal. I get it, Tennessee football is pretty dang important in my life as well. Defenses aren't always going to be amazing, but to sit on VN and try to write about how we should be 8-2 is ridiculous. Honestly, who thought we'd have a better record than we do now after Mizzou and Auburn came out as contenders in the SEC? Not me.. I think we're one game ahead of schedule right now with a chance to be bowl eligible since Dooley's first season.

I just don't see the need for extreme negativity is all.. dudes are on the threads throwing temper tantrums and giving out coaching advice like they should be on the sideline with a polo on.

Reactions: 4 people
Sir, with all due respect. I think you're seeing fans react to how we are losing, rather than simply losing. I don't think you saw this much animosity after the Georgia loss. Giving up 987 yards rushing in 3 games with little improvement on defense will cause people to over react. We beat Vandy & KY and you'll see support return. We lose one of those, and get ready.

But this terrible defense thing is nothing new.. to be gashed for rushing yards and get blown out isn't really anything new to UT football.. I think you give the man more than 10 games to coach a team.. let him build it up how he wants and give him at least two full seasons before you start judgement.

Reactions: 1 person
Reading some of the stupidity on here makes me want to almost burn anything orange I own just so I would not be associated with this high level of stupidity.

Almost ......

At this point ...... being banned from here almost seems ..... like it would be a gift from the lord above.

almost ......

Um no the Team is making UT football look like a joke.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm just seriously tired of this team being everybody's glory hole, we used to be a top 25 team every single year, if not top 15. We have shown serious regression and I get it; we're playing stiffer competition. But some of our players on defense look like peewee football players the way they chase the offense around in circles. ZERO fundamentals; it's like they all go out the door when they get gashed once or twice.

Auburn was expected to win. But getting slaughtered by a team that didn't win a single SEC game last year is a little too much.

Reactions: 5 people
No one expected UT to be a powerhouse this year. All i wanted was a team that looked better coached than last year & a bowl. That too much to ask for?

Junior - take your own advice and don't log on and don't read the forum.

You don't seem to understand that forums are for people to express their opinion whether you agree or not. Just because a responder is disappointed doesn't mean they are not VFL and by expressing their opinon, they're certainly not "making the fan base look like a joke". Would you prefer that people not care one way or the other?

C'mon, this site is a sociologists if not an anthropologists dream. It is fun to read. I will miss it when after our top flight recruits sign, everyone will write boring ' we should win 9 or 10 in year 2' threads. Sit back, read, write, and enjoy.

I'm just seriously tired of this team being everybody's glory hole, we used to be a top 25 team every single year, if not top 15. We have shown serious regression and I get it; we're playing stiffer competition. But some of our players on defense look like peewee football players the way they chase the offense around in circles. ZERO fundamentals; it's like they all go out the door when they get gashed once or twice.

Glory hole :eek:lol:

Nobody expected us to be a powerhouse but we did expect to improve as we go along and that ain't happening. We could forgive losses, but not a lack of competitiveness and improvement. We're getting worse not better and that is UNACCEPTABLE no matter what year it is for the coaching staff !

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVrEwCa8nSA[/youtube]

But this terrible defense thing is nothing new.. to be gashed for rushing yards and get blown out isn't really anything new to UT football.. I think you give the man more than 10 games to coach a team.. let him build it up how he wants and give him at least two full seasons before you start judgement.

Nothing new?

Yeah, its nothing new that a team puts up 55 in Neyland while only throwing the ball 7 times.

Just a regular ole fall Saturday in knoxville

I think ppl forget that we have had three diff coaching changes, consecutive years of not recruiting good , and probably the worst situational program at the moment and ppl expect a national championships first year still lol get out of 98 ppl get out of the glory days u ppl drive me crazy

Hey OP - I showed support today. Sat in my seat until the very end, even after the "orange drain." However, that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed with the performance of some on the team.

I'm a firm believer in kicking, clawing, and bitting (like Mike Tyson) on the way down, and I just don't see that from some of these guys.

I think ppl forget that we have had three diff coaching changes, consecutive years of not recruiting good , and probably the worst situational program at the moment and ppl expect a national championships first year still lol get out of 98 ppl get out of the glory days u ppl drive me crazy

Another excuse making sunshine pumper. Well I've got news for you. There's no excuse for not at least showing improvement and not regression.

I think the better team won. No big deal. I get it, Tennessee football is pretty dang important in my life as well. Defenses aren't always going to be amazing, but to sit on VN and try to write about how we should be 8-2 is ridiculous. Honestly, who thought we'd have a better record than we do now after Mizzou and Auburn came out as contenders in the SEC? Not me.. I think we're one game ahead of schedule right now with a chance to be bowl eligible since Dooley's first season.

I just don't see the need for extreme negativity is all.. dudes are on the threads throwing temper tantrums and giving out coaching advice like they should be on the sideline with a polo on.

My point was that Auburn turned it around by hiring the right guy. So far Tennessee has not. The jury is still out.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back