Holly's House????????????

Wow, I'm very grateful the UT administration is being supportive of their athletic programs because you fans are being extremely disrespectful!

Reactions: 6 people
Another pathetic Holly hate thread. Nobody meant any disrespect to Pat - good grief! I wish I had as much time on my hands as some of you. Flame away...

Reactions: 6 people
Another pathetic Holly hate thread. Nobody meant any disrespect to Pat - good grief! I wish I had as much time on my hands as some of you. Flame away...

Actually it's a Beverly Davenport hate thread, seeing as how she tweeted it out and made the comment. Thanks for playing though

Reactions: 4 people
UT admin and coaches have an uncanny knack for saying things certain to irk fans. Twitter has not been Dr. Bev's friend.

Has nothing to do with Holly. Just a total lack of understanding of Lady Vol history and the respect we have for Pat. This is a fail on Davenport's part. Holly would never do anything to disrespect Pat as this seems to do. So far I am not impressed with Davenport, seems like she can't get a grasp of the minutiae. The simple things don't seem important to her, but so often the simple things are crucial. Wasn't it an O ring that caused the Challenger to fail? May be a bad comparison, but you get what I mean.

I agree with some of the others. We don't need another bash Holly thread. A bash Davenport though may be appropriate.🙄

Reactions: 7 people
Has nothing to do with Holly. Just a total lack of understanding of Lady Vol history and the respect we have for Pat. This is a fail on Davenport's part. Holly would never do anything to disrespect Pat as this seems to do. So far I am not impressed with Davenport, seems like she can't get a grasp of the minutiae. The simple things don't seem important to her, but so often the simple things are crucial. Wasn't it an O ring that caused the Challenger to fail? May be a bad comparison, but you get what I mean.

I agree with some of the others. We don't need another bash Holly thread. A bash Davenport though may be appropriate.🙄

Nailed it.

Reactions: 4 people
maxresdefault.jpg

How to build a doghouse:
1. start by not winning SEC
2. Not making a final 4
3. losing more game than any team in the past 40 yrs
4. Fans quit coming
5. UConn is now the best program

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

Funny! But I guess Pat was in the dog house since 2008 since she met most of those criteria. #FAHRPAT

Reactions: 2 people
Funny! But I guess Pat was in the dog house since 2008 since she met most of those criteria. #FAHRPAT

Really? So CHW has won back-to-back Nat'l Championships like CPS did '06-'07 & '07-'08? So CHW has a better record (128-46) than CPS (119-26) the 4 seasons after those consecutive NC's? So CHW coached the last 2 seasons with Early Onset Dementia? Get for real. Being "in the dog house"? Yeah, I'd say CHW belongs there but CPS never was and, most likely, never would have been. If CHW actually accomplishes something like a Final Four, a Nat'l Championship, or even an SEC championship, then folks might mount a defense. But a 42-26 record these last 2 seasons should let any logical fan know she's not the right coach to lead the Lady Vols to anything better than a middle-of-the-pack SEC finish or, if lucky, maybe an NCAA 2nd Rd or Sweet Sixteen, at best.It's gotten to the point where I wish folks would just stop trying to compare ANYTHING CHW has/is/will do in regards to CPS. IMO their only connection? CHW played for and coached with CPS. Nothing more, nothing less. But I do find it disgusting when posters sling BS trying to compare the two.There is no comparison. Not now. Not ever.

:twocents:

Reactions: 5 people
If this upsets people to this degree, they need to step back and re-evaluate their life. Most on here would get an earful from Pat if she were here to read and hear these comments. She would not be happy.

Reactions: 7 people
Wasn't it an O ring that caused the Challenger to fail? May be a bad comparison, but you get what I mean.

I agree, you're comparison of an overlooked detail on a rocket killing a whole astronaut crew is a bad comparison to a school's chancellor using what some believe to be a poor choice of words to promote a coach's basketball program. Cmon man! It's sports entertainment. 🤐The collapsing shack in the woods was more aprapo if you superimpose Davenport and Warlick in the photo. Perhaps a basketball rim with no backboard nailed to a tree close to the shack? 😎

I didn't think Davenport's comment was disrespectful. It is currently Holly's house. Perhaps she was just trying to dispel the notion that Pat was coming back to claim her rightful territory and all will be well again.

Perhaps she was saying, forget the past, it's the here and now that must be dealt with. Perhaps she recognizes that no one will be able to come in and do what Pat did.

The past is the past. Lamenting "what was" just retards progress. Reminds me of the step mother who can do nothing right in the step-daughter's idealized eyes because the widowed father had the audacity to remarry. The fan base is the child in this example.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back