Holly Addresses Criticism and Upcoming Alabama Matchup in Press Conference

I believe you are serious.
He's what, 63 years old ?
He makes in excess of 2 million per, has businesses set up locally and has built a program (with the help of his assistants) over a 30 year span and he's going to leave there why ? Even if UT offered the whole group between 4-5 mil, i highly doubt they would come. And the chances of that kind of an offer being made to women's basketball coaches are non existent. Then there's the question of would the people in charge of making that decision want him in the first place ? I think that's another resounding no.

I'm only serious about this: Why hasn't Tennessee approached the top coaches in the country to coach the top ladies program in the country! Do I think he'd come? No I don't. Did Texas think Nick Saban would come? Idk what they thought, but they ponied up the money and asked him!(and he nearly went until they screwed it up!) Instead, the powers that be at the time turned over the best college girls program to a career assistant! If they are serious about restoring the program than go after the top coach. Other programs would do it, but Tennessee has a history of trying to find a bargain of a coach, and how many times has that worked?

Reactions: 1 person
When Dawn was coaching the Olympic team with Geno, she said he is a genius with the changes he made during the game....How many coaches are there of this caliber? Two! We are lucky that Pat was at Tenn - it will be at least another ten years before we see another.

I miss the days of the long stares that players got when they did something stupid on the court. I miss the hard discipline. I miss the days that the Lady Vols were ALWAYS the top team if not in the top 5. I have just never felt that Holly was the best choice and it shows in the games.

Thanks Gule....I just mean there are not a lot of coaches of the caliber of Pat or Geno - ever....and it will be a long time before we see another. In fact, they are the only two that usually get mentioned when folks speak about GOAT.

I miss the days of the long stares that players got when they did something stupid on the court. I miss the hard discipline. I miss the days that the Lady Vols were ALWAYS the top team if not in the top 5. I have just never felt that Holly was the best choice and it shows in the games.

That "stare" doesn't have to come from the Head Coach

But it damn sure has to come from someone!

UT may already have a replacement for Warlick on the staff with Law if they decide to fire Warlick.

It will never happen here as the next Hire will probably be another person with ties to the program but I truly believe Coach Law deserves another shot at Head Coach at a school that truly supports Women's Basketball. She is the reason a lot of the players from the #1 Class decided to come here and she is very instrumental in the two young ladies interest (who have verbal commitments from the 2018 Class). Coach Reeves is the recruiting person on paper but I think her responsibilities will be for the players in the 2019 class and moving forward.

Look at the downfall Rutgers has experienced in recruiting and overall success of the program to see how important she was to coach Stringers staff.

She seems to know the problems but so do us fans. Her job is to fix the problems. You wonder if she does not know how to teach a player to box out on a rebound and emphasize it every practice until they get it. She doesn't know how to teach players to stop the dribble drive and penetration. This could be because of slow guard play at point guard or when Middleton is in the game. Go to a match up zone clog the middle you can stop the dribble drive but you then may give up some threes you can't stop everything.

Give her 5 more years and see where she's at. In reality she isn't going anywhere. She will retire here.

VN Store

Back