Holly Addresses Criticism and Upcoming Alabama Matchup in Press Conference

I think Holly is hurting because she is unable to get consistency. I think she knows what is wrong but does not have a clue how to fix it. She keeps saying, "I need to do this and I need to do that", but never really answers what she needs to do to get it done. She is in a no win situation. If she thinks the kitchen is hot now, just wait until next year when she has top ten talent. She just seems not to understand the mental aspects of the game where coaches make demands and players meet those demands. She just does not come across as a coach that has their crap together.

Reactions: 4 people
Has anyone even called to see if Geno is interested in coming to Knoxville? Throw the money at him, and make him say no. That's what Alabama football would do, and Tennessee was the Alabama of girls basketball! Heck, he may be getting bored in Storrs! Don't know until you ask!

:eek:lol:...no way VOLBRO...:)

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!

https://youtu.be/ox2iyQhslJI

Curious what y'all think about the press conference. I was interested to hear what happened after last year's Alabama loss. Take a watch and comment what you think.

I believe she said that when they defeated ND, Stanford, and USC everyone thought she was a great coach, I never heard anyone say that. It was plain to see that she was in over her head as she has been in every game. She doesn't have a clue how to prepare a team, and is even a worse bench coach. Someone tell me when is the last time we made a basket after a called timeout to set up a play, because I can't remember one this year. She is NEVER verbal on the sideline or with the girls, it is always a pat on the back. She used the word we a number of times and very seldom I need to correct things. She is living in a fantasy world. She did make a great statement that communication is simply talking and listening, so we are talking, why don't you listen and get out of town before you have us in a position that it will take years to recover from. "The worst coach in the SEC"

Reactions: 1 person
I believe she said that when they defeated ND, Stanford, and USC everyone thought she was a great coach, I never heard anyone say that. It was plain to see that she was in over her head as she has been in every game. She doesn't have a clue how to prepare a team, and is even a worse bench coach. Someone tell me when is the last time we made a basket after a called timeout to set up a play, because I can't remember one this year. She is NEVER verbal on the sideline or with the girls, it is always a pat on the back. She used the word we a number of times and very seldom I need to correct things. She is living in a fantasy world. She did make a great statement that communication is simply talking and listening, so we are talking, why don't you listen and get out of town before you have us in a position that it will take years to recover from. "The worst coach in the SEC"

Right to the point. Comments like yours and others of like minds is helping me get through what is the Holly Warlick era of Lady Vol basketball. :cray:

Has anyone even called to see if Geno is interested in coming to Knoxville? Throw the money at him, and make him say no. That's what Alabama football would do, and Tennessee was the Alabama of girls basketball! Heck, he may be getting bored in Storrs! Don't know until you ask!

I think Geno would come for the money and the challenge!

so those were bad wins ?

remember she has winning percentage of right at 75%,is that a bad thing post CPS ?

It is not good. How many losses do we have this year--8, 9? Are you suggesting that is good?

The Stanford, ND and SC wins were all good--and all proved that we have talent and that we can be good. But only play good basketball selectively. The team doesn't have the focus, discipline, smarts or leadership to play well consistently. In fact we are mediocre far more often than we are good. That's why we have the record we have.

I think Holly is hurting because she is unable to get consistency. I think she knows what is wrong but does not have a clue how to fix it. She keeps saying, "I need to do this and I need to do that", but never really answers what she needs to do to get it done. She is in a no win situation. If she thinks the kitchen is hot now, just wait until next year when she has top ten talent. She just seems not to understand the mental aspects of the game where coaches make demands and players meet those demands. She just does not come across as a coach that has their crap together.

Teacherdean, very, very astute and perceptive comments.

Holly doesn't rank in the top 100 of wcb coaches. (our goal is to be in the top 4 of SEC standings),really that's your goal? Do any of you Holly butt kisser's ever think those words would have been uttered by Pat Summit?

Last edited:
Holly doesn't rank in the top 100 of wcb coaches. (our goal is to be in the top 4 of SEC standings),really that's your goal? Do any of you Holly butt kisser's ever think those words would have been uttered by Pat Summit?

Possibly. But nowhere near as many times. Before it got this repetitive with Pat, the team would have responded or somebody would have left the program.

I think Geno would come for the money and the challenge!

I don't know if he would or not, and I really don't care. My point is has anyone asked him!!! We are the Tennessee Lady Vols!! We were the best! Trust me I hate Alabama, but I promise you there is no one they wouldn't talk to if they thought it would make them better! And one more thing, there is no one they would not fire if they didn't win! No one!!! Until we have an AD that holds coaches accountable for winning we will have mediocre sports teams! If we had half an AD he'd be in Storrs in the morning! I bet no one has ever even called him!

I don't know if he would or not, and I really don't care. My point is has anyone asked him!!! We are the Tennessee Lady Vols!! We were the best! Trust me I hate Alabama, but I promise you there is no one they wouldn't talk to if they thought it would make them better! And one more thing, there is no one they would not fire if they didn't win! No one!!! Until we have an AD that holds coaches accountable for winning we will have mediocre sports teams! If we had half an AD he'd be in Storrs in the morning! I bet no one has ever even called him!

I believe you are serious.
He's what, 63 years old ?
He makes in excess of 2 million per, has businesses set up locally and has built a program (with the help of his assistants) over a 30 year span and he's going to leave there why ? Even if UT offered the whole group between 4-5 mil, i highly doubt they would come. And the chances of that kind of an offer being made to women's basketball coaches are non existent. Then there's the question of would the people in charge of making that decision want him in the first place ? I think that's another resounding no.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back