Hogwarts Legacy (PS4/PS5, X1/XSX/XSS, PC, Switch) Holiday 2022

That's the thing you have to realize they start as kids movies but just as the actors/characters age in real life so does the films more mature themes.
Agreed. I was pleasantly surprised. Like I said, Half Blood Prince was a good movie. It was also the first one I saw.

This video helped me immensely I definitely recommend watching if you're just starting the game. I was wasting way too much time exploring and not doing main quests lol

Interested to hear your thoughts. Watch the video I posted above it'll help
Everyone is different but I just picked it up and played it today and there’s no way I’d want to watch the video. That early exploration and being sort of lost is part of the fun. I don’t want to rush through the main story.

Now, on this game in particular, it feels to me like they’re pushing me through the main quest a little fast. I’m starting to ignore what they’re telling me to do now though.

I finally earned all 3 unforgivable curses! Casting "Avada Kedavra" (the killing curse) makes you feel like a god! Lol.

Reactions: 615vols
I finally earned all 3 unforgivable curses! Casting "Avada Kedavra" (the killing curse) makes you feel like a god! Lol.

If you acquire mastery of Avada kedavra as a trait, killing multiple enemies with a single cast is so awesome 😂
Btw, I really enjoyed the whole quest line involving Sebastian/ominus/dark magic. By far my favorites in the game.

Everyone is different but I just picked it up and played it today and there’s no way I’d want to watch the video. That early exploration and being sort of lost is part of the fun. I don’t want to rush through the main story.

Now, on this game in particular, it feels to me like they’re pushing me through the main quest a little fast. I’m starting to ignore what they’re telling me to do now though.
You don't need to rush through the entire story but the game does want to rush you though the first 5-6 hours because you unlock things that are crucial to the game. Certain spells, room of requirement, beasts, flying, etc. I found I wasted hours exploring because I had yet to unlock things that are necessary and I just had to go back to the places I had explored because I missed things that weren't unlocked yet. The video is like 12 minutes and explains all of this in detail.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Also, I’m slytherin on my main, but I’m going to start a hufflepuff next just for the quest they get. They got the best side quest of any house in the game.

Also, I’m slytherin on my main, but I’m going to start a hufflepuff next just for the quest they get. They got the best side quest of any house in the game.
The Azkaban quest? It's really not anything special imo.

You don't need to rush through the entire story but the game does want to rush you though the first 5-6 hours because you unlock things that are crucial to the game. Certain spells, room of requirement, beasts, flying, etc. I found I wasted hours exploring because I had yet to unlock things that are necessary and I just had to go back to the places I had explored because I missed things that weren't unlocked yet. The video is like 12 minutes and explains all of this in detail.
Makes sense. I’m glad to hear the early pushing is intentional. The game is amazing though. I’m very glad I went ahead and got a PS5 to play it on too. I thought about waiting for it to come out on Xbox One but I don’t think it would’ve been as good.

Last gen consoles have been delayed til May citing worries about performance issues. Looks like I’ll be selling the PS4 pro and getting a ps5. Man, I was trying not to.. but now I have a reason lol.

Kept getting emails for ps5 stock improving. I didn’t want to wait for one from playstation direct so I figured what the heck. Drove to Walmart (small town, it’s all we have for electronics unless I wanna drive an hour to the nearest city) and for the first time since the ps5 released I walk up and see 8 systems in stock. I caved in and got one.

13 hours in. I’ll echo what has already been said. It’s not the greatest game ever, but it’s just a lot of fun. Would love a TriWizard Tournament DLC or Quidditch DLC at some point.

Reactions: Pennheel
Finally got to max level 40. Now I just need to play the first part of the game as a member of the other 3 houses and I'll have earned the platinum trophy!

Finally got to max level 40. Now I just need to play the first part of the game as a member of the other 3 houses and I'll have earned the platinum trophy!

I literally just finished doing the same thing. Spent the last hour trying to hunt down a butterfly chest to get the last collection item I was missing.

I really, really hate how much I love this game.

Pro tip, rush to unlock the arena northeast of Hogsmeade in the swamp. Once you do, set the difficulty to story, and just do it over and over again. Then, when you've leveled up and collected loot for about an hour, set it back to whatever difficulty you want to play at.

I would suggest doing it when you've reached the story point of unlocking talents but that's just a suggestion.

I'm still playing as well, I'm almost 50% completed. Reason it's taking me so long is I can't bring myself to play unless I have a least 3 hour window to play. I just get so immersed in it I feel like if I only have an hour to play it goes by so quickly I don't even have time to do anything lol.

I still haven't played it. The kids however, LOVE playing it. I've watched a little of them doing so, I will say the game is absolutely gorgeous on the PS5 (I'm sure it's fine on the Xbox One as well).

Last gen consoles have been delayed til May citing worries about performance issues. Looks like I’ll be selling the PS4 pro and getting a ps5. Man, I was trying not to.. but now I have a reason lol.

100% worth the upgrade man. The difference in loading speed and most games having a 60 fps mode makes is way worth it.

I'm still playing as well, I'm almost 50% completed. Reason it's taking me so long is I can't bring myself to play unless I have a least 3 hour window to play. I just get so immersed in it I feel like if I only have an hour to play it goes by so quickly I don't even have time to do anything lol.
I have the same exact problem. I usually get time around 8 pm. I just never even start cause I hate feeling rushed. I tried the other night and said I would do one quest atleast. It was 10 before I even knew it and all I had done was explore a bit and get side tracked lol.

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
I finally hit 100% For the Collector's Edition achievement/trophy. I was stuck on 99% missing just 1 conjuration. I found all the butterfly chests and did all the quests, and I used a YT video to walk through all the ones in the vivariums. So I knew it had to be glitched. I really wanted to get 100% before Starfield comes out so I went digging and found there is a glitch where for some reason a chest in a vivarium closes at some point after being opened. Funny enough it was the very first vivarium I went in to and the very first chest I checked after not playing the game for a month.

Anyway this game was great and I can't wait for the DLC/sequel

Anyone else hit Collectors Edition?

Reactions: CubsFanTN

VN Store

Back