Hogwarts Legacy (PS4/PS5, X1/XSX/XSS, PC, Switch) Holiday 2022

So far,I'm on level 17. My only real complaint is that I'm not a fan of the way you have to unlock doors. I guess I'm not patient enough.

You need 16GB at an absolute minimum. 8GB will just be a bottleneck . Also, you definitely want to go with at least a 1TB SSD. Finally, you can go on passmark’s website to get an idea as to what kind of GPU you’ll need. They do benchmark tests to measure the speed of GPUs and CPUs. Minimum system spec for this game says you’ll need a GTX 960 to run the game (score of 6029 on passmark). That’s on the lowest graphics settings, so you definitely want to go with something higher than that. Recommended spec for that game is a GTX 1080TI. According to passmark, that GPU has a score of 18478, so I would try to choose a computer with a GPU that hovers somewhere on the upper end of the bounds of those 2 scores or exceeds the recommended score.

In other words, try to find a computer that maximizes that score within your price range.

Just about any i5 or i7 processor would do as most games aside from flight simulators are primarily GPU intensive, but just to be safe, I would apply the previous methodology to the CPU as well.

Edit: Cooling is extremely important as well. If you can afford it, be sure to get a computer that has liquid cooling.
Good feedback without being too complicated. The only thing I don’t fully understand is the scoring you mention but that seems pretty easy to figure out. Thanks!

I don't have any competition in the household, but I am planning a second playthrough. Obviously it's pretty much a color-by-numbers type of game that isn't going to change from one playthrough to the next, but those sweet, sweet mods are already rolling out :cool:
You’ve already beaten it? That’s crazy fast isn’t it? How many hours in your first run?

Thanks Freak. I’m definitely in that camp. I see you all talking in the graphics card and I’m totally lost. I could certainly learn it but time is an issue as I don’t know that I’m willing to invest the amount required.
I'd stay away unless you are interested in an expensive hobby. The cost value of the consoles is really remarkable and I would go that route unless you want to build something. I used to be ok buying a prebuilt PC, but will never do that again.

I'd stay away unless you are interested in an expensive hobby. The cost value of the consoles is really remarkable and I would go that route unless you want to build something. I used to be ok buying a prebuilt PC, but will never do that again.
I know someone that could build one for me. I’m curious though, my perception is that building is cheaper than buying prebuilt. So let’s say prebuilt costs $1K. To build that exact same computer, in my mind, would cost $700-$800. Is that accurate? Would it cost less? Would it be a pretty good saving like I believe?

I know someone that could build one for me. I’m curious though, my perception is that building is cheaper than buying prebuilt. So let’s say prebuilt costs $1K. To build that exact same computer, in my mind, would cost $700-$800. Is that accurate? Would it cost less? Would it be a pretty good saving like I believe?
My experience is that it's not always cheaper to build. I've seen some pretty good deals at Best Buy and other places online, which would be hard to build for the price. My first gaming PC was a prebuilt I bought about six years ago. I didn't have any issues with it and it still runs fine to this day (I think I'm passing it down to Freak jr.)

I built my first custom gaming PC last year and the only thing that drove me crazy was all of the hubs and adapters for all of the RGB. lol. But I got to pick every single part that I wanted, including the case and, of course, all of the RBG. :)

I think the biggest thing about building a custom PC is that it is a little cheaper most of the time, but you also get to choose the exact specifications and quality of components that you want, while also typically saving a little money.

Others will chime in, I'm sure. They may not agree with me.

A good way to compare is to take the list of components you find in a prebuilt and enter them all here to see what it would cost to build it custom. Choose Your Parts - PCPartPicker

Reactions: hUTch2002
Unlike you, some people just build a solid budget PC and keep it until it will no longer run the games they want to play. lol.

I tend to be the same as you, though (although not as bad as you). I'm always looking for tweak and upgrades. The idea of "MOAR FPS" becomes addicting. :)

My experience is that it's not always cheaper to build. I've seen some pretty good deals at Best Buy and other places online, which would be hard to build for the price. My first gaming PC was a prebuilt I bought about six years ago. I didn't have any issues with it and it still runs fine to this day (I think I'm passing it down to Freak jr.)

I built my first custom gaming PC last year and the only thing that drove me crazy was all of the hubs and adapters for all of the RGB. lol. But I got to pick every single part that I wanted, including the case and, of course, all of the RBG. :)

I think the biggest thing about building a custom PC is that it is a little cheaper most of the time, but you also get to choose the exact specifications and quality of components that you want, while also typically saving a little money.

Others will chime in, I'm sure. They may not agree with me.

A good way to compare is to take the list of components you find in a prebuilt and enter them all here to see what it would cost to build it custom. Choose Your Parts - PCPartPicker
Awesome feedback. Thanks!

I tend to be the same as you, though (although not as bad as you). I'm always looking for tweak and upgrades. The idea of "MOAR FPS" becomes addicting. :)
)
Thats why I got out of the PC game years ago! Its a freaking rabbit hole, man! For my own mental health I switched to console and never looked back.

Unlike you, some people just build a solid budget PC and keep it until it will no longer run the games they want to play. lol.

Sounds like you are a bit jealous. Typical console dweeb.

Still better than my dumbass buying a “gaming laptop” as my first PC. Stupidest waste of money in my life, and I used to be a drug addict.

Bought it today and ended up playing all day. I've seen the first 3 HP movies because my wife loves them and I thought they were "meh" but I read SO many reviews from people saying basically "I've never seen HP but this is the greatest game I've ever played" so I thought eh why not.

It's fun. Hours go by and it feels like minutes. The combat is fun. It doesn't get overly complicated like some open world RPGs, yet still is immersive and rewarding.

Reactions: Pennheel and Freak
Bought it today and ended up playing all day. I've seen the first 3 HP movies because my wife loves them and I thought they were "meh" but I read SO many reviews from people saying basically "I've never seen HP but this is the greatest game I've ever played" so I thought eh why not.

It's fun. Hours go by and it feels like minutes. The combat is fun. It doesn't get overly complicated like some open world RPGs, yet still is immersive and rewarding.
You and I are pretty much in the exact same situation.

Wife loves the series, I never got into it. I bought it for her and when she beat the game, I decided to give it a whirl.

It’s pretty fun, better than most modern RPG’s, but I’ll still be playing the Yakuza Ishin remaster Friday regardless of whether I’m finished with this or not lol

Reactions: Pennheel
I was battling some enchanted knights in the restricted section of the library. I cast a spell where I took one their own battle axes out of their hands and decapitated them with it! That was badass!

Expeliamos is one of my favorite combos. Expeliamos, ancient magic to hit them wit their weapon, accio to pull them close, hit them with the fire spell. If they are still alive, I hit them with repulso followed by the slash attack as they are flying away.

I was hesitant about this as a casual Harry Potter fan from childhood but this game is just fun. Is it the best game ever made? No. But I literally spent like 3 hours just walking around the castle and looking at everything I could look at. 🤣

I held out on the HP movies for a long time as I didn’t get it. They’re no LoTR for sure but I’d recommend finishing the movies. They do get better. Half Blood Prince is a good movie. They get way darker than I would’ve guessed for a kids series.

Goes without saying, but the depth and vastness of this game is quite an achievement. This is one of my favorite open-world games ever and I haven't even explored everything yet.

I'm already thinking about DLC possibilities! Quidditch, of course is a must! But also I'd love to be able to play Wizard's Chess and other tabletop/card games in the HP universe!

I held out on the HP movies for a long time as I didn’t get it. They’re no LoTR for sure but I’d recommend finishing the movies. They do get better. Half Blood Prince is a good movie. They get way darker than I would’ve guessed for a kids series.

That's the thing you have to realize they start as kids movies but just as the actors/characters age in real life so does the films more mature themes.

VN Store

Back