Hogwarts Legacy (PS4/PS5, X1/XSX/XSS, PC, Switch) Holiday 2022

I finally hit 100% For the Collector's Edition achievement/trophy. I was stuck on 99% missing just 1 conjuration. I found all the butterfly chests and did all the quests, and I used a YT video to walk through all the ones in the vivariums. So I knew it had to be glitched. I really wanted to get 100% before Starfield comes out so I went digging and found there is a glitch where for some reason a chest in a vivarium closes at some point after being opened. Funny enough it was the very first vivarium I went in to and the very first chest I checked after not playing the game for a month.

Anyway this game was great and I can't wait for the DLC/sequel

Anyone else hit Collectors Edition?
Nice! I was just happy to collect all the house tokens, that's my 100% lol. Game is a little too grindy for me.

I finally hit 100% For the Collector's Edition achievement/trophy. I was stuck on 99% missing just 1 conjuration. I found all the butterfly chests and did all the quests, and I used a YT video to walk through all the ones in the vivariums. So I knew it had to be glitched. I really wanted to get 100% before Starfield comes out so I went digging and found there is a glitch where for some reason a chest in a vivarium closes at some point after being opened. Funny enough it was the very first vivarium I went in to and the very first chest I checked after not playing the game for a month.

Anyway this game was great and I can't wait for the DLC/sequel

Anyone else hit Collectors Edition?
Not on hogwarts, that game was more my wife’s thing. I have been trying to 100% all the Yakuza games though. Not an easy task at all lol.

Reactions: Pennheel
Thoughts on this game for XBOX One? Not having the best graphics isn't an issue with me. I am more interested in story and just being able to be in the wizarding world. It sounds like load times are the biggest annoyance, which I am sure will be frustrating but not a game changer for me. I don't play on my XBOX One much, just use my Nintendo Switch, so I don't want to spend the money on the new gen consoles.

Thoughts on this game for XBOX One? Not having the best graphics isn't an issue with me. I am more interested in story and just being able to be in the wizarding world. It sounds like load times are the biggest annoyance, which I am sure will be frustrating but not a game changer for me. I don't play on my XBOX One much, just use my Nintendo Switch, so I don't want to spend the money on the new gen consoles.
You will have performance issues.

Reactions: bigeasy
The "new" gen consoles are going on 3 years old now. I think it's time to bite the bullet. Id imagine the old consoles will be phased out over the next couple years. For the hours of fun I had playing this game, a series S is worth it just for this title alone imo.

Currently on my third play through with this. Beat the man story again and am now putting more time into the Merlin Trials, astronomy, and Ancient Magic Hotspots to see if I can 100% it.

Honestly hate that there doesn’t seem to be any kind of DLC in the works, but thankfully the game does have good really good replay value.

Currently on my third play through with this. Beat the man story again and am now putting more time into the Merlin Trials, astronomy, and Ancient Magic Hotspots to see if I can 100% it.

Honestly hate that there doesn’t seem to be any kind of DLC in the works, but thankfully the game does have good really good replay value.
Good luck! The Merlin trials were probably the most annoying thing to grind for 100%. Consult YouTube for astronomy table locations

Reactions: BisonVol

I wish I could say the same. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and have been since I was a kid. Born in 93 so I grew up with it from middle school on. It’s fun to explore at first, but the game quickly felt lifeless to me. Just feels like things are there just to be there. Nothing is organic and you never feel like your exploration will lead to much of anything new.

I wish I could say the same. I am a huge Harry Potter fan and have been since I was a kid. Born in 93 so I grew up with it from middle school on. It’s fun to explore at first, but the game quickly felt lifeless to me. Just feels like things are there just to be there. Nothing is organic and you never feel like your exploration will lead to much of anything new.

I will admit the exploration does become repetitive and the main story isn’t the best, but I loved the quest lines with Sebastian, Poppy, and Natty, especially Sebeastian’s. I will also say that on my first two play throughs, I didn’t put much effort into exploration tasks such as Merlin Trials, astronomy tables, and the assignments that weren’t required to move the story forward. After having put more effort into those things, though, I’ve actually really enjoyed them in my third play through.

I have mainly two issues with this game, the first being that the exploration can certainly be repetitive at times. Feels like there should have been some more optional dungeons and bosses to tackle after you’ve beaten the main story and relationship quests. My second critique is that you can’t replay any quests after you’ve beaten the main story. You have to start a brand new character to replay quests which I find very frustrating.

With all of that being said, I can certainly see what you’re saying. The open world was good imo, but it pales in comparison to the open worlds of some other high profile open world games like Skyrim, Elden Ring, and The Witcher 3.

Good luck! The Merlin trials were probably the most annoying thing to grind for 100%. Consult YouTube for astronomy table locations

Thankfully I made it a point to tackle most of the Merlin Trials before I finished up the main story, so I don’t have but a handful of those left. I’m going to need the YouTube help on the astronomy tables, though, because I’ve had a hard time finding many of those.

I started playing this about a week ago. I just finished the 3rd trial, and wow. That whole scene was absolutely amazing. I was a bit annoyed with the tediousness of the first two trials, but the third one was my favorite part of the game so far. I’ve also really enjoyed the side-story with Poppy and the beasts. Lots of really cool scenes there as well. It just keeps getting better the more I play it. I don’t mind the long bits of exploration at all. I love just wondering or flying around. The only thing that’s annoying is the long loading times. I’m playing on the Switch, and yes, load times are lengthy.

I started playing this about a week ago. I just finished the 3rd trial, and wow. That whole scene was absolutely amazing. I was a bit annoyed with the tediousness of the first two trials, but the third one was my favorite part of the game so far. I’ve also really enjoyed the side-story with Poppy and the beasts. Lots of really cool scenes there as well. It just keeps getting better the more I play it. I don’t mind the long bits of exploration at all. I love just wondering or flying around. The only thing that’s annoying is the long loading times. I’m playing on the Switch, and yes, load times are lengthy.

Really fun game. I’ve put about 100 hours into it over three play throughs. The main story has its moments but not as good as I had hoped for. The side quests and the exploration more than make up for the dull points of the main story, though.

I 100%ed this game as a Ravenclaw on easy, then I beat it again as a Hufflepuff on normal (not 100%, but completed the majority of the quests). I was a bit disappointed that the bast majority of the quests were exactly the same. But, I still had lots of fun. I’m probably going to take a break before I beat it as a Gryffindor and Slytherin.

I am playing on the switch as well and slightly passed the 3rd trial. I love the game and my only complaint on loading is when I am going in and out of Hogwarts or Hogsmeade. I know the graphics aren’t the best but I am willing to sacrifice that in order to play it anywhere I want to.

I am playing on the switch as well and slightly passed the 3rd trial. I love the game and my only complaint on loading is when I am going in and out of Hogwarts or Hogsmeade. I know the graphics aren’t the best but I am willing to sacrifice that in order to play it anywhere I want to.
Yeah, I know what you mean. The most annoying is when you need to upgrade your gear. It takes so many steps, going in and out of Hogwarts/Hogsmeade. First, you first go to the Room of Requirement to identify the unknown gear you have gathered. You use the floo flame, and that takes about a minute to load. You identify the gear, then you equip the good stuff, and head to Hogsmeade to sell the stuff you aren’t going to use. That takes another minute of load time. You sell your gear, then wait another minute of load time to go back to the Room of Requirement to upgrade the gear you kept. You upgrade the gear, then wait another minute of load time to exit the Room of Requirement. You have to do this after almost every quest. It really gets tedious just waiting and waiting and waiting.

As a guy who loves retro games, I also don’t care much about graphics. I care much more about the music and controls, both of which are top notch in this game. And the graphics look beautiful to me, even on the Switch.

Oh and another complaint (and really more my wife) is the sheer amount of times you have to hear “revelio”. It is WAY too much.

VN Store

Back