hiring bebord landed Richmond and kept boulware

I have no problem with this being a new thread, and I agree that a lot of the recruits probably knew, but I think Richmond and Boulware were coming anyway.

Thread title should have had "IMO" in it, imo.

You're making a statement like you had evidence that DeBord's hire influenced these guys decision.

DeBord's been out of coaching for how long now, and college coaching even longer. I seriously doubt these guys even know who he is.

Reactions: 2 people
Richmond and Boulware are Vols because of Jones and the current staff--I'm quite sure DeBald had nothing to do with it.

Reactions: 1 person
I think many of the recruits knew. No way S Jones comes to UT without knowing who is going to coach him. Absolutely no way. IMO

SJ said he's told nothing is going to change, doesn't know who the hire is, and is ready to meet him to go over film. 119 is ready to go and so is the Staff + hire.

So Americans cannot voice their opinion these days... Here u go before debord no drew after debord drew is a vol... Now that was easy

I am not trying to bash you, I just want to know what connection they would have with Debord? Did they have some relationship with him somehow?

Butch waited until after NSD to make the announcement. He knew the other coaches would use the DeBord hire against him to flip recruits. It is more likely than not that Richmond and Boulware are Vols despite the hiring of DeBord.

Butch waited until after NSD to make the announcement. He knew the other coaches would use the DeBord hire against him to flip recruits. It is more likely than not that Richmond and Boulware are Vols despite the hiring of DeBord.

You guys are fantastically delusional. Information has been on VolQuest for a while that Debord was the most likely guy that would land the job. It is not like it was that damn concealed. I'm sure it wasn't made aware to the media but I'm also pretty sure that it wasn't hidden from recruits.

Most south east kids do not have a single clue who Mike Debord is but guess what they don't know who Mike Sanford is either, nor do they know who Helton, Norvell, or most other OCs are. If they believe and trust the coach they can be sold on anything. If anything Butch likely feared the minority of idiotic fans ruining our recruiting class with their constant complaints.

Reactions: 6 people
You guys are fantastically delusional. Information has been on VolQuest for a while that Debord was the most likely guy that would land the job. It is not like it was that damn concealed. I'm sure it wasn't made aware to the media but I'm also pretty sure that it wasn't hidden from recruits.

Most south east kids do not have a single clue who Mike Debord is but guess what they don't know who Mike Sanford is either, nor do they know who Helton, Norvell, or most other OCs are. If they believe and trust the coach they can be sold on anything. If anything Butch likely feared the minority of idiotic fans ruining our recruiting class with their constant complaints.

You're right. But they have watched games those coaches have coached in.

I never even knew Richmond or Boulware liked field hockey. It's like I learn something new here every day.

Richmond and Boulware committed because Butch promised them he would not hire an OC from among VN posters.

VN Store

Back