Hire mike norvell now!!!

Watson Brown beat Nick Saban when he was at UAB and Saban at LSU..With that logic you would take Brown over Saban??

So frost is now Watson brown and norvell is Saban. And of course that one game is the only reason I like frost. Frost came on on the heels of 0-12 and norvell followed Fuentes who is the coach above both of them. However my post was suppose to be more of something funny with a play on the name.

Norvell recruited the first 4star defensive player since Tim Harris. He is a prodigious offensive genius. He is young.

Only problem I see at this point is he is at a better program than we are. Wouldn't even be a lateral move.

I see him having the integrity of staying in place and making Memphis on tier with Michigan State or Kansas State.

It is just a matter of time that the Memphis talent will stay home instead of looking East.

We have a better chance of getting Brohm, Frost, Peterson and the like.
Memphis on the same page as Michigan State.....thats crazy talk.

Reactions: 1 person
Saw some ****ty defense, crappy game management. That **** may work against MAC or Houston. That dog dont hunt in the SEC.

Reactions: 2 people
Norvell recruited the first 4star defensive player since Tim Harris. He is a prodigious offensive genius. He is young.

Only problem I see at this point is he is at a better program than we are. Wouldn't even be a lateral move.

I see him having the integrity of staying in place and making Memphis on tier with Michigan State or Kansas State.

It is just a matter of time that the Memphis talent will stay home instead of looking East.

We have a better chance of getting Brohm, Frost, Peterson and the like.

He'll leave just like Fuente. A power five school will offer him more than the two million he makes at Memphis, and he'll take it in a heartbeat.

Lol @ all the people bashing Norvell. He's probably got more sense than to come this dumpster fire. This ain't your Daddy's UT

Reactions: 2 people
Good Lord we sound like a bunch of Vandy fans in here. Is this how low we've gotten? We have to try and knock down teams who are actually doing well?

Good Lord we sound like a bunch of Vandy fans in here. Is this how low we've gotten? We have to try and knock down teams who are actually doing well?

Exactly. Same fan base that thinks Norvell can't coach. Keep in my mind, a large majority of them had their noses stitched to ***** Jones sack up until a few weeks ago. We deserve what we get. Coach Googleme step on up

Reactions: 1 person
I actually like Norvell. He's not at the top of my list, but he's not at the bottom either. Most coaches his age are coordinators or position coaches. He's a pretty good recruiter considering where he is. I didn't like everything I saw tonight, but at the end of the day, he made the adjustments he needed to at halftime, and his team took it to Houston in the second half. He may not be the guy for us, but that is definitely something Butch couldn't do.

No way on Norvell. He had a chance to put the game away with 1 first down and he ran it up the middle 3 times and punted. Lucky for him Houston threw a pick instead of a TD. I want a coach that isn't afraid to put his boot on their throat and finish them off. I'm SICK of watching coaches try not to lose.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was around the last few times we were looking for a coach, and people were saying no to Fuente, malzahn, and Franklin. Norvelle certainly isn't my first choice, but he is a good coach. We could do a lot worse.

Kelly is by far my first choice. I don't understand why people want/talk about gruden. There are several other coaches that come up we have no chance at that I would like to see on the sidelines.

If we can't get Kelly, Patterson, Peterson and go with the next tier, I want either Frost or norvelle. We should be able to get a top rate guy with our tradition, facilities, and the amount we can pay someone.

Just my 2 cents

No way on Norvell. He had a chance to put the game away with 1 first down and he ran it up the middle 3 times and punted. Lucky for him Houston threw a pick instead of a TD. I want a coach that isn't afraid to put his boot on their throat and finish them off. I'm SICK of watching coaches try not to lose.
Every coach tries not to lose. I get what you're saying but had he passed and it was a pick giving a short field, you would be saying he should have ran to burn the clock. Memphis is 5-1, ranked in the top 25, and just finished the toughest game they have remaining this season with a W. He is not in my top tier but it is obvious he is a pretty big step up in regards to coaching compared to Butch.

Norvell is a 2nd year coach at a mid major. He is winning with Fuente’s players. He would be eaten alive in the SEC. We need a proven coach. We can’t afford another mistake and hire a crappy coach like Dooley and Butch.

Scott frost has also done a much better job at UCF. Took an 0-12 roster and made them bowl eligible immediately, and he now has them looking the most impressive in their conference. Norvell is doing well with Fuente's players.

By your reasoning, he just beat Tom Herman for the 2nd time in 2 years.

Scott frost has also done a much better job at UCF. Took an 0-12 roster and made them bowl eligible immediately, and he now has them looking the most impressive in their conference. Norvell is doing well with Fuente's players.

Norvell’s a better recruiter than Fuente.

I wondered how long it would take for someone to mention Norvell. Promising coach, but he would be another high risk hire for a program that is coming off of 3 high risk hires. We need to flex some muscle and make a low risk hire.

any coach that comes here after Butch is a high risk...there are no guarantees...when you have people that don't know x's and o's from Jimmie's and Joe's making coaching hires, it will always be a crapshoot...JUST LET PEYTON HIRE THE NEXT COACH...:):)

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back