Here are 10 questions for the Vols to answer during spring practice - per Adam Sparks

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs

Can Lance Heard claim left tackle?​

LSU transfer Lance Heard, a former five-star recruit, was UT’s most critical addition from the transfer portal.

Heard could play right tackle because Gerald Mincey transferred to Kentucky. But he’s viewed as a left tackle long term, so he could take that position now. If so, that would move John Campbell from left tackle to right tackle.

That’s why eyes will go directly to the offensive line drills when practice begins, just to see who lines up at tackle on either side. But don’t be surprised if that changes throughout spring.

What does new secondary look like?​

The turnover in the defensive secondary is eye-opening.
Wesley Walker (Louisville), Tamarion McDonald (Louisville), Doneiko Slaughter (Arkansas), Brandon Turnage (Ole Miss), Warren Burrell (Georgia Tech), De’Shawn Rucker (South Florida) and Jack Luttrell (Arizona) transferred.

Kamal Hadden, Jaylen McCollough and Gabe Jeudy-Lally declared for the NFL Draft.

Are you kidding? SEVEN defensive backs transferred? That is bizarre--seriously. What, were they all offered cash to change schools? If so,
it's another example of the sad and pathetic state of college football. And we lost TEN DBs total?

How many freshmen DBs did we sign--and how many DBs transferred in to the Vols? I hope a lot. The unit must have been close to wiped out.

Are you kidding? SEVEN defensive backs transferred? That is bizarre--seriously. What, were they all offered cash to change schools? If so,
it's another example of the sad and pathetic state of college football. And we lost TEN DBs total?

How many freshmen DBs did we sign--and how many DBs transferred in to the Vols? I hope a lot. The unit must have been close to wiped out.
Bruh, we've got 19 DBs on our roster....

Or they may have been shown the door. Not sure if you watched any games last year, but...
1710444992717.gif

Followed by this wonderful coverage...
1710445759075.gif

Who could forget this great tackle?
1710445879848.gif

Last edited:

Settle down a bit. We have almost 20 guys in the secondary.

While I can’t remember their names, I know we picked up a db from Oklahoma state and a db from Middle Tennessee. Have a young group of talented guys, just have to hope they develop.

Reactions: Volfan1000

Given the performance of our DBs the last couple of years, they probably knew anybody that was signed that had a pulse would be chosen to start over them.

Reactions: Ratvol

Ever thought we were shedding dead weight? We have some talented DBs behind those guys that need to play. The dead weight transferring out was a good thing.

Reactions: hooter vol
Y'All keep forgettin' bout...

200.gif

ETYYbHD9

I seriously doubt anyone offered to take them off our hands. They didn't produce. Bet we wouldn't pay them what they wanted (non deserving) imo. We recruited a couple kids that should be an upgrade. Martinez needs to go if this group don't step up this year, though youth could be another excuse

Reactions: Ratvol

They were told to get lost. You guys are complaining about a secondary that y'all bitched about all season leaving

Look at how excited he is to have something to complain about

I expect some growing pains in the secondary but we have a much improved talent level.
Playoffs 2024
Natty in 2025
Danny White hired the right coach.

Go VOLS

VN Store

Back