Herbstreit replies to UT tweet

Yeah I don't have a lot of respect for a lot of those guys that analyze the games I can take em or leave them but I've always found that Kirk seems to do real well with it..., very knowledgeable and discusses reasonable things ...not real obscure things that most fans have no clue about... Tim Mccarver in baseball over analyzes everything.... I think that's the worst type of analyst....

Yeah I don't have a lot of respect for a lot of those guys that analyze the games I can take em or leave them but I've always found that Kirk seems to do real well with it..., very knowledgeable and discusses reasonable things ...not real obscure things that most fans have no clue about... Tim Mccarver in baseball over analyzes everything.... I think that's the worst type of analyst....

My carver is the PC of analysts, Herbstriet is the MAC. Depended on person which one is better.

I like where his head at with this comment. but usually Herbstreit is overly opinionated about EVERYTHING. That's why him and his family got run out of ohio.

They got run out of Ohio because Ohio State fans can be just like bummer fans where idiots and ignorance rules

This. I can even remember early in his career when he came across as a fan. For example, he used to always pick us to beat Florida
I vividly remember watching him pick UT over UF in 2012 when gameday was in Knoxville. Everyone else picked UF, including that traitor Kenny Chesney.

Lost it for the guy when he went on the Anti-Gator (I know I know) rant in 2006. I mean an emotional red faced spittimg rant about Whaaaaaat the pollsters could have possibly seen after the SECCG to bump SECs UF up over Michigan to get into the BCSNCG. Nevermind the SEC champ had twice the schedule difficulty of OSU or UM and UF had a better record. Complete and unabashed Big 10 homerism IMO.

I never saw him eat crow after the SEC Champ literally obliterated the unbeated Big10 champ for the title either. Just lost respect for him after that. Just another biased media type IMO.

Yeah...not so much. He has numerous times. Herbstreit definitely understands the difference and has expressed as much on ESPN/Gameday/Sportscenter. If there is anybody out there who is objective it's KH. He doesn't seem to compromise his position for his allegiance's, which is rare. IMO, the best analyst out there.

I swear John Ward could work for ESPN and some of you would still B I T C H.

Reactions: 1 person
If you are run out of ohio(little"o"),you are good in any state.I lived in Ky. for a while,(born and raised in Madison,Tenn.) and the standing verbal response was "..I don't give a s>>t about ohio or anyone from it" Welcome to life in Tennessee,Herb.Good people,good food,good music(country or blues)and the University of Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back