Herbstreit replies to UT tweet

Who gives a rat's ass what Kirkstreit thinks?

HerbstreitOKCEQ110511.gif

I personally like Herbstreit. He's more unbiased than any other analyst on ESPN. He was a buckeye and a big 10 guy but doesn't let it show in my opinion. This rubs some Ohio State fans the wrong way but he does his job. I think he's been more than fair to the Vols over the years.

Reactions: 6 people
I personally like Herbstreit. He's more unbiased than any other analyst on ESPN. He was a buckeye and a big 10 guy but doesn't let it show in my opinion. This rubs some Ohio State fans the wrong way but he does his job. I think he's been more than fair to the Vols over the years.

I agree. I have always liked Herbie

Reactions: 1 person

Agreed. I think he's fair about everyone. Some people just need any reason to be pissed off. Helps them cope.

It doesn't sound like he hates us at all. I would be more than happy with winning 6 games and going to a bowl game, if we played in the big 10 and had this team I would expect a lot more wins.

I was kidding. I know Herby doesnt hate the VOLS.
I have seen him around Nashville at youth football events and he ALWAYS talks to people who have questions about cfb. I have never spoken to him but never heard a bad thing about the guy.

Im sure Auburn had some of these discussions on their boards last year. Hoping to surprise a few teams this year. The storm is coming!

"Butch is here and he will consume the SEC with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse!"

I would never be happy with 6-7 wins, however, reality forces its opinion on me sometimes. I realize that depth and experience is a constant topic...yada yada. I am more optismitic, I believe that UT pulls out 2-3 upsets, it could be USC, Georgia and Florida....they all have issues we could exploit. I am seeing more of a 8-9 game season IF the OL and DL play good, not great, just good and JW or JD have a 3,500 to 4,000 passing yards. It is MY opinion that the WR corp will open up the lanes for The horses in the backfield. I believe BJ and staff see the potential to win 8-9 games and come in 2nd or 3rd in the SEC East. I know, and don't care.....I am a UT HOMER and always will be.....regardless of coach, players or AD......I BELIEVE!!

Go Vols!!!

I like where his head at with this comment. but usually Herbstreit is overly opinionated about EVERYTHING. That's why him and his family got run out of ohio.

not much accuracy above. They left Ohio because of lunatic fan dumbasses that have no perspective regarding comments about football and make it personal

Reactions: 2 people
heck, he's being kind. With our schedule and a bunch of real young talent, 5 is probably more realistically the number and him saying "6" was being really kind...

7-6 or 8-5 IMO. Kirk really believes in Butch and knows 2015 we are going to be flirting with a 10 win season.

Didn't he believe in Dooley to though? :blink: :unsure:

Difference is Butch is a proven commodity....so he should...we all should! :good!: :salute: :eek:k: :rock:

Lost it for the guy when he went on the Anti-Gator (I know I know) rant in 2006. I mean an emotional red faced spittimg rant about Whaaaaaat the pollsters could have possibly seen after the SECCG to bump SECs UF up over Michigan to get into the BCSNCG. Nevermind the SEC champ had twice the schedule difficulty of OSU or UM and UF had a better record. Complete and unabashed Big 10 homerism IMO.

I never saw him eat crow after the SEC Champ literally obliterated the unbeated Big10 champ for the title either. Just lost respect for him after that. Just another biased media type IMO.

I think it is both safe and fair to pick us with 6 wins. I guess that is what I might pick if I were not predicting we would go undefeated for the 40th year in a row!

slide_249995_1506676_free.gif

I think we all would...but just say 6. How can you include the bowl game if you don't know who we would play. He just threw that in there to appease any Vol that might not be happy with 6.

I think we will be in pretty good form later in the year, once the young talent gets some experience, and should translate to a W in a bowl against anyone we would play at 6-6.

5 to 7 wins this sesson are where we are at like it or not. I am hopeful for over 7 wins but if less will not be surprised. Just try to be patient.

VN Store

Back