Head coach names discussed on Florida boards

http://www.gatorsports.com/2017/09/dooley-disappointing-way-start-floridas-season/

Pat Dooley's article is scathing and the comments are even worse. Here's a sample:
Heloman67 September 2, 2017 at 10:13 pm
There’s maybe 10 players on this team that deserve to wear the uniform. I would cancel the season, find a coach who has even a small clue, and start from scratch in 2018...

Lol. What's overlooked here is the lockeroom problems. It has a huge impact on the team. Just like last year with us and Hurd.

Lol. What's overlooked here is the lockeroom problems. It has a huge impact on the team. Just like last year with us and Hurd.

Glen Kemp September 3, 2017 at 8:02 am
I have been a lifelong Gator fan since first witnessing the UF – Houston game at Florida Field in (I believe) 1968. I am very disappointed and yes, angry at the 10 UF players whose foolish, selfish behavior caused them to be suspended. Their absence was very noticeable. It is a good thing I am not the HC, because if I was, I would boot Calloway off the team altogether. I believe he is a bad influence for the rest of the team, and is not at all a team player (it’s all about Calloway – not the Gators). When cancer is diagnosed, you cut it out. The rule should be “3 strikes and you are out”. It is time for the Gators to find new leaders...

I have this feeling the Navy coach will start getting some serious looks and offers this year.

I have this feeling the Navy coach will start getting some serious looks and offers this year.

Maybe at GT is PJ gets canned.

I don't see any other Power 5 team running the option

Maybe at GT is PJ gets canned.

I don't see any other Power 5 team running the option

I think his win/loss record speaks for itself. Even with the option, he still manages to keep a good record with extremely limited resources (recruiting specifically) at his disposal. I wouldn't want to think of what he could do in a place like Florida where he wasn't limited by stringent academic requirements for recruiting and playing. The option can work in a P5 setting so long as you have a good defense backing it up and recruiting the right high profile players to fit the scheme. GT suffers from recruiting being in the middle of SEC country and having UGA next door.

I'd prefer UF get someone incompetent myself and compete with Vandy and Mizzou for the bottom of the barrel award.

What's wrong with the shark humper, he has been to 2 straight SEC Title games.

We won the east the last two years for two reasons. One, great defense. Two, everyone else was so laughably bad that we more or less were gifted it.

Three years in we should see big improvement. Instead, we have regressed. We are the UT of Florida.

We won the east the last two years for two reasons. One, great defense. Two, everyone else was so laughably bad that we more or less were gifted it.

Three years in we should see big improvement. Instead, we have regressed. We are the UT of Florida.

Your offense has been outside the top 100 for four years straight.

Did you know that?

Your offense has been outside the top 100 for four years straight.

Did you know that?

Saw that stat last night.

Unacceptable. Period.

And the thing is, it's not like we can see signs of any improvement. Quite the opposite.

Bet Matt Corral yanks his commitment. Why go where offensive NFL careers go to die?

We won the east the last two years for two reasons. One, Muschamps great defense. Two, everyone else was so laughably bad that we more or less were gifted it.

Fixed your bolded part. And you can take a shot at UT and Butch if you want in you sour state this morning but since he's been at UT his offense has NEVER only scored 3 points.

Fixed your bolded part. And you can take a shot at UT and Butch if you want in you sour state this morning but since he's been at UT his offense has NEVER only scored 3 points.

It was a bit snarky. My apologies.

Fact is, we are all unhappy with the current state of affairs at our respective alma maters.

Fact is, we are all unhappy with the current state of affairs at our respective alma maters.

Im not. I don't live in la la land. I know we have an inept AD department, inept list of boosters and know the situation could be a hell of alot worse.

Reactions: 1 person

I lol'd. Here's to hoping shark humper is your Dooley too!! Evidence right now looks good. Let's see how he reacts over the next two weeks

Oh dont apologize. It wasn't that bad a a little smack talk makes it fun as long as we all keep it in perspective.

I thought it was pretty damn funny and frankly fairly factual

Reactions: 1 person

We are all playing for winning the East. Which is equivalent to a participation trophy. There is little hope any of us beat Bama in the SECCG and get into the playoffs.

We are all playing for winning the East. Which is equivalent to a participation trophy. There is little hope any of us beat Bama in the SECCG and get into the playoffs.

Not even a trophy. Or a ribbon. A certificate.

With our names misspelled.

Pretty much nailed that LG.

Bama has completely separated themselves from the rest of the conference, and all but a small handful of the rest of the country at this point.

VN Store

Back