HBO's True Detective

Dazed and Confused and A Time to Kill were my first two experiences with MM, and he was awesome. Lincoln Lawyer, Mud, etc. would have been on the same level had they been my first experience (both good, though), but I just feel like I've seen that character too many times.

There are some actors I like who can only do one personality (Bruce Willis), but for some reason it doesn't work for me when it comes to MM.

Dazed was his first role ever. I heard him on Fresh Air a whole back telling about that movie literally launched his career from scratch. He wasn't an actor and was basically asked by a friend working on the set if he wanted to be an extra. Next thing he knew he had a bit role and rest is history.

I have nothing to add. Everything before me pretty much summed up how I feel. Love both Woody and the non-rom-com MM.

Should be good tonight.

Very very dark. An odd role for McConaughey, he's very quiet, very strange, and very philosophical. So far he's knocking it out of the park though.

So apparently this show will be in "anthology" format, which means that each season will have a new story and a new cast.

Oh great another cop show,whoopty damn doo! Please,somebody convince me that this is NOT just another cop show?

Last edited:
Oh great another cop show,whoopty damn doo! Please,somebody convince me that this is NOT just another cop show?

I don't usually like cop shows, i only like this because of the people in it. And i won't try to convince you otherwise because i couldn't care less if you want to watch it or not.

Reactions: 2 people
Huff, did you watch the first episode? Definitely isn't the role you described.

Yeah I was pretty blown away. He didn't seem like the same actor at all. I usually don't get into cop shows but the acting prettyuch hooked me.

I thought it was really, really good. Wife hated it.

Means it'll be a good show.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought it was really, really good. Wife hated it.

Means it'll be a good show.

Mine tuned out as soon as they showed the dead girl. She was "why would you think I want to watch this?"

VN Store

Back