HBO's "Game of Thrones"

You girl needed better writers who didn’t cut 10-13 episodes out so they could do something else
it's funny, my wife has now decided she wants to watch GOT, so i told her i'd watch it with her.

and as i'm watching season 1 again, and comparing it to what i've already seen....there's a lot of what happened in this season that calls all the way back to that season. and one thing that stood out was the expediency Catlyn Stark got from Winterfel, to KL, to the Erie....that was one of my gripes with the later seasons is the time jumps. used to take weeks to get to and fro, and all the sudden we can get from Dragonstone to KL in the matter of a scene change.

well, they were doing that in season 1 too, we just didn't notice. and the long set ups for plot lines...you'd go whole episodes w/out main characters.

anyway. you're right, from what they were doing, to how they fininshed this season in particular--i have a lot less issues with last season--there was a lot they could have done to set up some of the major plot points.

and the banter between some of the characters was just gold. Littlefinger, Ned, varys....

there was a definite difference from then to now.

it is what it is. said it when the last episdoe finished, i have no problem with what they did to end it.....but the "how" could have been soooo much better.

I get it's the last season and it is being rewarded for that, but the number of Emmy nominations is beyond ridiculous. There is no way that many actors and actresses deserve Emmy noms; especially when Rhea Seehorn didn't get a nom for Better Call Saul. That's some utter crap.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Yup
Their frustration should be aimed at the people in charge not the actors
MEh, just let it go. I personally thought the last season was terrible but the rest of the show was good so that’s what I choose to remember. And its a fanboy/comic show right? So yeah, there is that

Saw the trailer for House of Dragons last night. Looks promising. One thing that jumped out at me was the number of black actors. Maybe they’ve rewritten Targaryen conquest to include an army from the Summer Isles, or maybe they just went woke with casting and are ignoring the ethnography of the books.

Saw the trailer for House of Dragons last night. Looks promising. One thing that jumped out at me was the number of black actors. Maybe they’ve rewritten Targaryen conquest to include an army from the Summer Isles, or maybe they just went woke with casting and are ignoring the ethnography of the books.
Leaning towards woke, but it won't bother me too much especially if the have more chicks like Nathalie Emmanuel.

But I always do find that over inclusion a bit odd even though its not much different from Tarzan or The Last Samurai type of stuff.

Leaning towards woke, but it won't bother me too much especially if the have more chicks like Nathalie Emmanuel.

But I always do find that over inclusion a bit odd even though its not much different from Tarzan or The Last Samurai type of stuff.

Over inclusion in The Last Samurai?

It looks like that family is not Targaryen, but they are supposed to be pale skinned.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Velaryon

VN Store

Back