Have Mercy...but What If the Unspeakable Happens...?

The sad reality is we are finally belly up from hiring/firing and we're stuck with Pruitt. What is sad is when you have people that are season ticket holders for 20+ years surrendering their tickets. It's happening.

The sad reality is we are finally belly up from hiring/firing and we're stuck with Pruitt. What is sad is when you have people that are season ticket holders for 20+ years surrendering their tickets. It's happening.
No head coach who wins 2 games or less deserves to keep his head coaching job and I think Tennessee could very finish 2-10,1-11 or 0-12.

We can’t tolerate a 0-3 win season. He would have to be fired and it could happen with several games left on the schedule.

If he rebounds and by some miracle gets to 5 wins then what?

Do we even have the cash to buyout Pruitt and maybe even some or all of his staff? I don’t have a clue.
Im not on the fire him now train but I have very little confidence in him. But if we lose to utc, he should be fired immediately and fulmers job should probably be in jeopardy

I don’t post much, and have seldom, if ever created a thread, but then again I’ve never seen my beloved Vols where they are right now. Let it be clearly stated that I BELIEVE we will win this Saturday, but then again I absolutely thought we would have won last Saturday with no problems.

So...WHAT IF we lose to BYU (surely not), lose to Chattanooga (Lord have mercy), and then get destroyed by Florida in the Swamp? Does anyone at all survive with an 0-4 start, and we’re suddenly facing the distinct previously unspeakable possibility of going completely, 100% winless in 2019?

*BTW, I hate the negative tone of my own post, and it’s not my nature to think this way...but after last week maybe it bears discussion...
My fear is we go 0-12 and JG still starts the first game next year.

My fear is we go 0-12 and JG still starts the first game next year.

If you think the guy that threw for 300 yards and 2 TDs was the primary factor in a loss to Georgia State, I'm not sure what to tell you. JG didn't have a great game, but he didn't give up 38 points to a 2-10 Sun Belt team. Our lines are atrocious.

We're also not all of a sudden going to be good, coming off 4-8 and 5-7 seasons. Let's quit acting surprised. 6-6 would be a great goal for this year (and looks highly unlikely at this point).

I find that extremely, extremely unlikely.

I don't think you quite understand just how much money we still owe Butch and his staff, then would have to turn around and pay Pruitt. Nothing is impossible, but there's basically a zero percent chance he's fired this year, regardless of our record. We don't have infinite money.

You know what I find extremely, extremely unlikely? No matter if they fire him or carry him through the streets in triumph, I will not give a rat's patootie. The smog of total incompetence still darkens the skies over the university. Not turning away because I no longer love the Vols, but because supporting the dimwits running this turd show just enables the continuation of it. Not because I no longer give a damn, but giving a damn is just too painful. Hope on if you like. But until the dimwits tenure is dust in the wind, the results on the field will just be a continuation of the clown show.

If you think the guy that threw for 300 yards and 2 TDs was the primary factor in a loss to Georgia State, I'm not sure what to tell you. JG didn't have a great game, but he didn't give up 38 points to a 2-10 Sun Belt team. Our lines are atrocious.

We're also not all of a sudden going to be good, coming off 4-8 and 5-7 seasons. Let's quit acting surprised. 6-6 would be a great goal for this year (and looks highly unlikely at this point).
I know your proud of your son, but you need to be more objective.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Yep, 0-6, fired Bama d coordinator Donahue, won final five, won SEC next year. I believe that is all correct, eh? Been awhile.

Ah Yes. The INFAMOUS Billboard Season! (some will remember that) And Donahue played for NEYLAND at Tennessee! Ken was just the scapegoat. Somebody had to go, and it sure wasn't going to be Johnny Majors! I lived it. I knew Donahue pretty well.

Yeah, the guy that proclaimed smart cant beat pruitt, that should do the trick.
rbvol said:
Get 'Orange Defense' into the locker room and motivate our team! This is the positive stuff we need!!
Hey, I would love to. I’d give it all I could to fire them up.
Pruitt will beat him #soon. It’s coming! Believe it!!

I wondered early on if this is why Tee accepted the job. Perhaps he suspected Pruitt wouldn't get it done, and Volnation would want him to take over. Maybe he was prescient enough to see that it might get so bad that there would be almost no pressure on him to win big his first year or two in control. It would be the perfect scenario if he took over for the Florida game: nobody would expect him to win a single game the rest of the season, and just one lucky upset along the way would turn him into a hero once again. Count me among those who think Tee couldn't do any worse than Pruitt.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
That’s what concerns me. Minnesota was a football powerhouse at one time, claiming 7 national titles (according to Bleacher Report) and they’re pretty much irrelevant now, along with Syracuse, who with 699 all-time victories have more total wins than Texas A&M, Florida, Clemson and Virginia Tech (Bleacher Report again). It just appears that it’s very difficult for any team to climb out of a deep, deep hole when all of your rivals are getting the top tier talent every year, and we’re changing coaches every two or three years. The BYU game has to be considered a “must win” to keep the sky from falling, IMHO.
"Changing coaches every two or three years", could easily be avoided IF we hired a Great Coach to start with. After dooley, we hired the worst coach in TN history, made the mistake of keeping him for five years, buying him out at the tune of $8,000,000.00++, boy butch left us in the toilet, yet he left Tennessee with a Big Bag of money. I have to hand it to boy butch, he is a Champion of Life!!

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I don’t post much, and have seldom, if ever created a thread, but then again I’ve never seen my beloved Vols where they are right now. Let it be clearly stated that I BELIEVE we will win this Saturday, but then again I absolutely thought we would have won last Saturday with no problems.

So...WHAT IF we lose to BYU (surely not), lose to Chattanooga (Lord have mercy), and then get destroyed by Florida in the Swamp? Does anyone at all survive with an 0-4 start, and we’re suddenly facing the distinct previously unspeakable possibility of going completely, 100% winless in 2019?

*BTW, I hate the negative tone of my own post, and it’s not my nature to think this way...but after last week maybe it bears discussion...
What if vols beat Georgia and Alabama? May as well go that direction too while we are at it.

VN Store

Back