Has Saban Built A Dynasty?

Bama isn't going to slow down any time soon. Saban is almost able to pick and choose who.he recruits, he has 4-5 stars almost begging to go.there. it sucks but its just the way it is right now

Wallace Wade, Frank Thomas, Bear Bryant, Gene Stallings, Nick Saban = two guys?

I guess ESPN running on their ticker after the game that Bama = 9 titles and ND = 8 is a lie then?

If my math is right Bryant has 6 Saban has the rest.

That's two guys that ESPN counts. and I'll take them over Bama homers and message board goers.

Bama isn't going to slow down any time soon. Saban is almost able to pick and choose who.he recruits, he has 4-5 stars almost begging to go.there. it sucks but its just the way it is right now

This is entirely true. The challenge now is to not be the team that just accepts it. We must aspire to reach their level and then surpass it. Not a simple challenge, but one that we must embark on.

What kind of question is this? I think 2 out of 3 makes you a dynasty in NCAA. Of course 3 out of 4 makes it a dynasty. It's not like NFL where you can lose 3-5 games, and still win a title. They're expected to win every game. They win almost every game. Hell, they win almost every championship...

Awwweee! And he speaks so highly of you!!!! :crazy:

BTW, "bad" is an adjective which, anyone who's taken grammar school English knows, modifies a noun. In this case you are modifying the verb "hate". So you need to plug in an adverb (ie: badly). Another correct example might be; "I massacre the English language badly."

instead of giving me a grammar lesson,give mark a clock management lesson.

I guess ESPN running on their ticker after the game that Bama = 9 titles and ND = 8 is a lie then?

If my math is right Bryant has 6 Saban has the rest.

That's two guys that ESPN counts. and I'll take them over Bama homers and message board goers.

If you would have looked more carefully, you would have noticed that it said 9 AP titles for Bama and 8 AP titles for Notre Dame.

Because you failed to notice that, your math is off. Bryant won six NCs, but the '73 title was from the Coaches Poll, and not the AP. So of those 9, Bryant had 5, Stallings had 1, and Saban has 3.

If you'd watched a bit further, you would have seen graphics that listed Bama with 10 titles in the Poll Era, a figure that includes '73.

No one will care about Bama not playing in the SECCG in '11 or that #3 UGA had a chance to beat them in a few years.

People will remember what Bama did against Texas, LSU, & ND in the championship game.

3 out of 4 ain't too shabby. Sucks to say that. But it's true.

Yep, it is a dynasty. maybe the best one of all time.

Saban has built a dynasty.

He is a living legend. He has elevated his status to that of the General Neyland, Bear Bryant , John Wooden, Pat Summit etc.

To bad he did it at Bama .

Yep, it is a dynasty. maybe the best one of all time.

i still have to go with tom osborne's 90's nebraska teams.

3 titles in 4 years (two were blowout wins,one against us...ugh)

they went to what would be a BCS bowl game 16 times in a 17 year span.

Tom Osborne categorically disagrees.

Fair point, considering Nebraska came within a missed FG from beating FSU, Miami and Florida in consecutive years to win three straight national titles, in addition to the split title in '97.

Nebraska didn't play in the deepest conference back then, but those were some incredible teams.

VN Store

Back