Happy Theft Day

You guys have to realize that it's all relative.

Let's say there are 3 different societies in which you can live and perform your job.

Society A will pay $400,000 but you only bring home 47% of that.

Society B will pay you $200,000 and you bring home 60% of that.

Society C will pay you $100,000 and you bring home 90% of that.

I'll pick A.
I will pick retirement.

Reactions: 1 person
lol, wut?

what if in your three societies you are getting the same level of service? or within 10% of each other, despite the tax rate being so off? you still willing to pay a higher percentage if you get the same level of care?

also funny that your numbers work out where your 47% is more than the others, that is often not the case. and in those societies you at least have to admit that in A you are going to be paying more for the other goods as well as the tax rate.

Just making the point that it's all relative.

Tell me in which other country you could perform your job and have it result in a higher standard of living and quality of life than you have here.

Gotta pay for those entitlements. The person I know that is on SSI but also goes to work every day for cash needs his check and checks for his kid and gubment insurance.

Stop blaming our spending on poor people. We’ve been at war for decades Cabvol. That one person still pays consumption taxes while war does nothing but take and take.

Reactions: 8 people
Stop blaming our spending on poor people. We’ve been at war for decades Cabvol. That one person still pays consumption taxes while war does nothing but take and take.

Uh...if we are going to credit the poor person paying sales tax, don't we also have to credit the defense contractors who buy materials and pay employees and make a profit (all which carry a tax)?

Reactions: 3 people
To be fair, a big chunk of that is 401K and ESPP. Still painful, though.

Also, the gross and net are placed way too close together on our earnings statement; quasi-torturous.

What is the company match on those?

Let's say there are 3 different societies in which you can live and perform your job.

I'll pick A.
Of course you would. But my guess is that you currently reside in group "C".

Just making the point that it's all relative.

Tell me in which other country you could perform your job and have it result in a higher standard of living and quality of life than you have here.

Pretty much anywhere. supposedly architects are treated (paid) like doctors/lawyers in most other countries.

Uh...if we are going to credit the poor person paying sales tax, don't we also have to credit the defense contractors who buy materials and pay employees and make a profit (all which carry a tax)?

Yep. So let’s use our little brains and calculate which one costs more at the end of the day. I guess I missed the part in history class where we discussed all of those civilizations that failed because they spent too much on their vulnerable citizens.

I have zero problem with paying taxes and I love my country/system of government. However, I hate that we’ve elected morally corrupt representatives that would rather spend our money in the most corrupt ways. I would never place that blame at the feet of poor people.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Yep. So let’s use our little brains and calculate which one costs more at the end of the day. I guess I missed the part in history class where we discussed all of those civilizations that failed because they spent too much on their vulnerable citizens.

It's a good exercise to use our little brains. The difference for me is one (National Defense) is in our Constitution; while the other (Specific Welfare) is not.

Therein lies the only difference for me. I would be happy if both budgets were slashed 50% tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 people
It's a good exercise to use our little brains. The difference for me is one (National Defense) is in our Constitution; while the other (Specific Welfare) is not.

Therein lies the only difference for me. I would be happy if both budgets were slashed 50% tomorrow.

Oh so that’s what we’ve been doing huh? National defense?

Agreed on the slashing. I bet we could tackle both issues with half as much money if we had competent people in office. Instead we have special interests controlling our representatives and their votes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Oh so that’s what we’ve been doing huh? National defense?

I haven't made that claim. I have stated the constitution authorizes a national defense. While it doesn't authorize specific welfare.

You credited the poor paying sales tax with money taxpayers provide (unconstitutionally, imo). Why not credit the defense industry paying taxes with money provided by taxpayers (constititionally)?

I'll pick A.

The ole "Fair Share" shtick......

Reactions: 1 person
Whatever you wish. I'm talking about quality of life and standard of living; however, you may notice a correlation between those and income taxes.

Lichtenstein. I choose Lichtenstein.

Or Monaco...what's their rate?

:lolabove::lolabove:

You obviously completely misinterpreted the post on the three societies. Shocker.......

The "societies" were countries, not economic levels. I'm guessing we both live in the US, so the humor you find is confusing. (and humorous in its own right)

What are you talking about? Go back and change "society" to "country" if that helps you process.

You can sugar coat it any way you want.......progress would be you not being so predictable.....by the way, what is the thread about?????

Last edited:
My biggest issue is paying SS that I will probably get resourced out of when it’s time for me to retire.

VN Store

Back