Halo: The Masterchief Collection

That's why I said I don't usually pay attention to packaging because it's like you said, the ship has sailed on that. However this is Halo. This is THE flagship title for Xbox. Not THAT big of a deal but I was somewhat surprised that MS didn't at least offer a platinum or special edition with snazzier packaging.

Didn't realize they didn't have any sort of premium edition to upsell people on. That is kind of surprising.

Picked mine up yesterday and installed it but didn't get a chance to play it. For some odd reason when I attempted to install the disk, it locked my system up and I couldn't unlock it! I finally had to just wipe my hard drive completely and re-install everything. It took quite a while so I just ended up playing Destiny on PS4 while my system was re-updating. A minor headache but now everything is running fine. I did look at the menu system which I have to say is quite impressive. I'll get on and play tonight.

I do have one minor quibble with this game. I'm not usually someone who cares about packaging but considering this is Halo, the Xbox's flagship title, and this is the Masterchief Collection which will attempt to re-introduce the franchise to a new generation of gamers. I was somewhat disappointed with the packaging of this game. To me, this should have received the royal treatment and it just didn't. You get the disk and a jewel case. Very very understated packaging for such a huge title. I would have liked to have seen a nice digibook or at least a cool holographic slip cover or something.

I played a few mission on the first Halo. My install of the game was quick. The 15gb update was quick for the first 78%, but then it took forever. I did not get to try multiplayer even though it seems dang near impossible to get in a match. They are supposed to be working on it.

I played a few mission on the first Halo. My install of the game was quick. The 15gb update was quick for the first 78%, but then it took forever. I did not get to try multiplayer even though it seems dang near impossible to get in a match. They are supposed to be working on it.

I'd never actually played Halo 1's campaign, and never really realized how much of a jump Halo 2 was. The fact that your health doesn't regenerate is an exercise in frustration, and not being able to board enemy vehicles sucks. Also, I can't recall EVER playing a game where the missions were so long. I'm about halfway through it though, and can't wait to get into the real meat of the collection which is obviously H2.

As for multiplayer, I didn't try that much yesterday, but I managed to get into two games. Neither one lasted to the end. The first time everyone from my lobby dropped out during the load sequence and I ended up in the game alone, and the second time I got disconnected from the server after a couple minutes. Hopefully today's patches do some good.

I'd never actually played Halo 1's campaign, and never really realized how much of a jump Halo 2 was. The fact that your health doesn't regenerate is an exercise in frustration, and not being able to board enemy vehicles sucks. Also, I can't recall EVER playing a game where the missions were so long. I'm about halfway through it though, and can't wait to get into the real meat of the collection which is obviously H2.

As for multiplayer, I didn't try that much yesterday, but I managed to get into two games. Neither one lasted to the end. The first time everyone from my lobby dropped out during the load sequence and I ended up in the game alone, and the second time I got disconnected from the server after a couple minutes. Hopefully today's patches do some good.

Don't get me wrong most of my time will be with MP, but I am excited to play through the campaigns. I like how you can toggle back and forth between the old and new graphics.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...te/42893877-4f95-40a0-a9d3-d0f8ab188568/posts

Here is the link for things they are trying to fix. Supposed to be rolling out server updates tomorrow.

Don't get me wrong most of my time will be with MP, but I am excited to play through the campaigns. I like how you can toggle back and forth between the old and new graphics.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...te/42893877-4f95-40a0-a9d3-d0f8ab188568/posts

Here is the link for things they are trying to fix. Supposed to be rolling out server updates tomorrow.

Well unlike Destiny, Halo actually has a story. So yeah I enjoy the campaigns on these games a lot.

Reactions: 1 person
Finally got into and played a full game of multiplayer. Had fun, but no success getting back into another game after that.

I doubt I'll play MP on this one. I got it simply for the 4 games as I never played past the first one.

Is the multiplayer as bad as ive read? I've heard nothing good about it bc the matchmaking is terrible. Hows the campaign? Ive heard of freezes occuring often. I wanted to buy a xbox one for this on thursday but all this has me second guessing

Is the multiplayer as bad as ive read? I've heard nothing good about it bc the matchmaking is terrible. Hows the campaign? Ive heard of freezes occuring often. I wanted to buy a xbox one for this on thursday but all this has me second guessing

I'm confident they'll get it sorted out, but as of yesterday it was still completely broken. In almost a week since the game launched, I've managed to get into one game.

I'm confident they'll get it sorted out, but as of yesterday it was still completely broken. In almost a week since the game launched, I've managed to get into one game.

I played 2 matches the other night (only two since owning the game). First one was great, but the second was terrible. It was 2 on 1.

Wow. Are the campaigns functioning at least?

Yes, I am enjoying the campaigns.

I played 2 matches the other night (only two since owning the game). First one was great, but the second was terrible. It was 2 on 1.

Yes, I am enjoying the campaigns.
I may get it anyways then. Maybe by the time I beat all 4 games again the multiplayer will be working

Patch dropped a couple days ago, and they've made some progress, but it's just a baby step forward. I've managed to get into one game each day since the release, as opposed to one game total in the previous ten days. Still a long way to go.

It's kind of astounding that Bungie dropped the original Halo 2 ten years ago on what was pretty much a brand new XBL and everything worked like clockwork right out of the box, yet now they can't even figure out how to get this game working nearly two weeks after release.

Patch dropped a couple days ago, and they've made some progress, but it's just a baby step forward. I've managed to get into one game each day since the release, as opposed to one game total in the previous ten days. Still a long way to go.

It's kind of astounding that Bungie dropped the original Halo 2 ten years ago on what was pretty much a brand new XBL and everything worked like clockwork right out of the box, yet now they can't even figure out how to get this game working nearly two weeks after release.

Yep, still a long way to go. I do not have much hope for Halo 5 multi player.

Agreed. I just finally got through Halo CE on heroic, and it was MUCH tougher than I expected. Beating it on the hardest difficulty may be near impossible.

VN Store

Back