Guess the first offensive (TN) play of the game!

Play action to the strong side, Milton rolls out and hits Payton on a deep crossing route for 35 yards.

Bowling Green recovers onside kick, and goes on to score giving them their first lead in a game since 2019.

15 yard slant to Jalin Hyatt

I don't think the offense runs a ton of slants, which disappoints me. I want to feast on some people over the middle so they suffer like we've suffered, but I'm pretty sure the scheme tries to attack the boundary a lot.

That said, they spread the receivers out so much that slants could be very successful. Hope I'm wrong.

BG stacks the line expecting a run, we run it up the gut anyway and gain 8 yards.

I don't think the offense runs a ton of slants, which disappoints me. I want to feast on some people over the middle so they suffer like we've suffered, but I'm pretty sure the scheme tries to attack the boundary a lot.

That said, they spread the receivers out so much that slants could be very successful. Hope I'm wrong.

They are in there but the slant or inside curl often seems more of a decoy route. I saw UCF hit some in and around the red zone when watching some of their games. Also saw them hit big plays in the center of the field when the middle linebacker blitzed. Makes sense if your primary routes are on the outside, the inside route becomes a hot route, whereas most teams have their hot routes on the outside.

Reactions: RhodesVol
I guarantee you, it wonโ€™t be this play tonight! We are going to see a bomb at some point. 1st play may be that bomb. Our quarterbacks are not going to set in that pocket all night, thatโ€™s guaranteed! We actually donโ€™t know what to expect. The offense and defense has changed from a year ago.

If you have insider knowledge my friend, I hope youโ€™re right. Iโ€™m so optimistic because a lot of posters on this board are hot about the offense. Where thereโ€™s smoke thereโ€™s fireโ€ฆ.sometimes.

Handoff. Over center. No gain.

Meanwhile, back on VN in the FF, the first "Farh Hypel" thread is posted.

Reactions: Volbrando
Interception by Bowling Green, who runs it back to our 5 yard line, we punch the ball out and recover, run it back to their goal line, and then we fumble the ball which is picked up and ran back for 6.

I think it will be Evans, but I fully predict a run to open it up.

Bowling Green gave up 300+ rushing yards a game, if I heard that correctly.

We need Milton to look good, but we also ought to just run all over them and then pass once they are off balance. We absolutely do not need to go 3-out in our first drive trying to bomb deep shots.

Yea, if they don't come out and stop our run I expect we run the ball 75% of the time...make 'em commit 8 in the box so Joe has more open receivers...

VN Store

Back