Gruden Thread Daily Cliff's Notes **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
11/16
all throughout this process i have stated that high dollar boosters don't always have any clue what is going on and in fact i have been burned already a few weeks ago in this ordeal. With that being said this is what i was just told from a very high booster.

Yesterday he told me he was confident just as most on here are but this morning he is getting word that golden will be the guy. Surprisingly he was pretty excited about golden as he always felt gruden was a tough get.

Do i think he is plugged into to exactly where this process is ??? I don't but i did think its worth noting that huge boosters don't think it's happening now after being confident yesterday.

Reactions: 1 person
11/16 8:15 a.m.

I heard that from him this morning here in Nashville, then when Mark Howard said if it isn't Gruden what does the list look like and Hyams started stammering around before finally saying, well I'd hate to get into a list with Dooley still sitting as coach. HAHAHAHA!! You aren't getting into a list because THERE IS NO LIST and you know it. Good try HiYams.

11/16
i will start out by saying i am in no form or fashion a insider and have as many "sources" as jerry from bulls gap, however i recieved a tweet this am from a close friend whos wife is a school teacher in the knoxville. Per the obvious, she has many outlets and friends in the knox co school system and she has been told by multiple webb teachers (close friends) that the gruden's were 100% on webb's campus earlier in the week.

Reactions: 3 people
11/16
my cousin attends cak. Her dad, my uncle, is one of those who i mentioned before is part of that group that pays well over 40k for their box seats/season tickets. He is connected because of his work to some big names including the haslems and i had mentioned back in gruden thread 4 i believe that he was told they were going after gruden with everything but he hadn't heard of anything being final yet. Well they have text me today that cindy gruden is apparently at cak today. Again, i have no way of confirming this and who knows...could be kids just messing around but just thought i would share. Gruden in 2013!!

Reactions: 2 people
11/16
rough outline of most likely coaching staff and projected salaries:

Hc – gruden – $5m
oc/qb – shoop – $500k
rb – graham – $225k
wr – martin – $300k
ol – pittman – $275k
te/st – bisaccia – $400k
dc/db – morris – $1m
dl – hobby – $400k
lb – barry – $400k

head coach salary - $5,000,000
assistants salaries - $3,500,000

this leaves us with one additional assistant coach position at roughly $500k/year.

Reactions: 5 people
11/16

we had several discussion in the previous threads about the mou, and essentially the deal is:

In general, an mou is like a "pre-contract". In some cases it is binding, but not in all cases. In any case, it lays out the basic terms of an agreement and forms the basis for the final contract.

In coaching, this last point is important, because contracts (especially for state schools) take a long time to draft and finalize. Usually way longer than a school can wait for a coach to start work.

The status quo is that an mou is drafted and signed and a coach can get into the hr system and start getting paid and accessing facilities, etc. There is a lot of trust attached to the mou in these cases.

Dooley worked under an mou for 3 months. Mike price only ever had an mou at alabama and was fired with nothing but an mou in place.

Every coach out there coaches under an mou at some point. The hiring process in coaching depends on it.

DeerPark contradicts Babyvol on TOS:

babyvol wrote: "That Gruden will be our next coach after a few discussions tonight. Was also informed that Rich B., Raheem M., and Tee M. Have all been approached as to their possible interest in joining the staff. Just hoping this really goes down like it looks right now."

DeerPark: "I'm hearing just the opposite today, that other candidates are much more likely.

Still, this is Hart and his inner circle doing things, so any info on any candidate is coming from the fringe and people around candidates, not from the UTAD."

Reactions: 6 people
11/16 5:30 pm

assistants that i've been informed of being contacted and very interested:

Tee martin-wr
rich bassacia-st
raheem morris/ron zook-dc(both are interested, depends on the money available for staff)
jeremy bates-qb
marion hobby-dl

jay graham will be retained.
Sal sunseri will have to take a demotion to lb or he won't be retained.
Pittman most likely wont be retained.

This is all the info i have as of now.

Reactions: 8 people
Per babyvol TOS

Here's what i heard late last night. I'm hearing TN is talking with several candidates due to the amount of money it's going to cost to bring in Gruden. TN wants to know who the other candidates plan to bring on staff with them if they come. Then they will weigh out which direction to go. The story I got was Gruden has agreed in principle to 8 years around 51 million. The hang up is how much it would cost to bring in the assistants he wants. As everyone has heard he likes Raheem Morris for DC. He wants Chad Morris as OC. The cost would be 1.5 million for each. Here's a big hang up....supposedly Morris just signed a deal with Clemson that has a steep penalty to buyout. Would cost us another couple of million. We might go back to Gruden and try to get him to go with someone else or he might be adamant....no idea. Supposedly Gruden and he are tight. Again....i just bring what I hear so take it or leave it.

My info this time is coming from money so it very well could be. My contacts inside athletic department have been mostly silent this go around. The only thing I've gotten from them is that Gruden was definitely our #1 target. I don't think much will be leaked from Hart this time

Reactions: 6 people
FWIW, Dr. B (Gary Haskew) from Sport Talk in 'Nooga just posted on FB that Gruden's not going to happen...and he is a very big dreamer. No sources mentioned...he could just be stirring the pot (as usual).

Reactions: 3 people
11/17/12 3:00PM

Referring to a conversation he had regarding Gruden with a friend who works with the Haslams and is close to the situation.

Ok...just had an amazing conversation, and I have just become completely emotionally detached from this situation because I am 100% for sure, Gruden is coming. I didn't mean for myself to fall into the situation that has transpired, but it happened.

A brief synopsis, and it all lines up with everything that has been credibly posted here:

-$9M is the mark for coach and staff (as it was explained to me, $9M is a mark that these boosters have said it would take to get the University out of the dump)

-we will possibly know tomorrow if we lose to Vandy, but "they" will know tonite. Either way, the exact timeline will be laid out after the Vandy game.

-I didn't get into too many intricate details, for proprietary reasons, but I was assured that this is done...and the exact words were, "UT has no choice. We are hurting badly and this is the only option we have, and everyone involved knows it. No other coach can pull this off at this time."

Verbatim

Reactions: 48 people
LWS (TOS)
LWS: I hear the announcement on Dooley will be in the AM
frostyvol: Larry, any insight on who we will hire? Gruden? Fisher? Someone else?
LWS: no decision made yet. both those and Golden, Strong all in play..

Fred White tweeted (and retweeted) that Jay Graham will be the interim HC.

-- per the Facebook Fan Page "Bring Jon Gruden to Tennessee

11/18, 8am:

fred white is saying that jay graham interim head coach. I dont know if he knows that he will be or thinks he should be but if jay graham is named today then i think that is a huge positive sign for gruden. If reports are true that graham will be retained on tennessee staff by gruden, then this would only make sense. I mean why else would you promote him over someone like chaney unless you already know that chaneys gone and graham is staying. And the only way you would know that is if you already knew who the hc is and who he wants to keep from the current staff

Last edited:
David Climer ‏@DavidClimer

Signs pointing to announcement by UT by 2 p.m. EST Sunday that Dooley is out. Doubt Hart wants to face questions in press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back