Gruden a sissy play'n like a man.. opinion.

Gruden likes the press;but in my opinion he only hopes he had the ability to transform a program to glory. He is frightened at the prospect and just throws things out there to build up his pub. I think he has the ability but is past his faith in his own ability and is afraid he does not have it. Let him pretend to be more and let us move on.

I totally agree if wants to be TN head coach then take the job, but he does not want it then be a man and say I am not interested or I am not ready to coach again. Put up or shut up but its time we quite licking his boots and move on.

Reactions: 4 people
OP...don't be a playa hatur...he's just enjoying a little time in the sun, at UT's expense, of course...:)

GO VOLS...BEAT VANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I guess we could argue hours and travel all day, but I guarantee stress levels of his current job and the Tennessee job are nowhere near the same.

I daresay the stress levels of a NCAA HC of football are very different from that on an NFL HC as well. NFL coaches basically have to worry about Xs, Os, and individual player metrics. NCAA coaches have to worry about all that plus classroom performance and what Jimmy Joe is doing 24X7X365 under his direct care and responsibility. One skillset does not easily or automatically translate to the other. The NCAA is littered with former failed NFL coaches and the reverse is true as well.

One time a snake bit Gruden...

After 3 days of intense pain, great wailing, and gnashing of teeth....

The snake died.

If he truly was a great coach he wouldn't have gotten fired in the first place. He's got 1 super bowl and a .500 record. All these people that gripe cause some of the current candidates have had a year or two good years. Well Gruden doesnt have very many good years himself.

I have to say this. Ole Nick Satan's NFL record was only 15 and 17 with a winning percentage of.469. Just because a coach doesn't have a high winning percentage in the pros doesn't mean he won't be a good coach at the college level.

Saban has no superbowl. His %record is better than Sabans. Saban left Miami because he was on the way to being Sh*t canned.

Well that settles it. Gruden>>Saban. FTR, Gruden is a product of media hype. There really isn't much substance left to him, but at least he is smart enough to ride this media obsession to a lucrative fat cat job.

If Gruden brings in Kevin Steele as DC then I hope he brings back Rodney Garner as DL coach. Garner is one of the best in the business recruiting and I hated when he left the Vols. He has signed top 4 and 5 stars everywhere he has been with Vols, Georgia and Auburn.

If Gruden brings in Kevin Steele as DC then I hope he brings back Rodney Garner as DL coach. Garner is one of the best in the business recruiting and I hated when he left the Vols. He has signed top 4 and 5 stars everywhere he has been with Vols, Georgia and Auburn.

You think all those guys want to be nfl coaches?

I wasn't debating anything I was simply stating what most rational people know. It's fine if he's who you want as coach (ain't happenin') but stop acting like he's the 2nd coming of Nick Saban and is going to save UT football because the two aren't even in the same discussion when it comes to good coaches. If you are willing to spend the money it would take to get Gruden wouldn't you rather throw it at a proven commodity in Patterson, Peterson, Kelly or someone like that? All Gruden has to do is say "I love the Vols" and you people are ready to give him 10 mil and build him a statue.

This all day. Its embarassing how many goobers jumped on the "Grutrain".

there's a greater chance of Bigfoot being captured than Gruden coming to UT. I'm sick and tired of listening to all of this ridiculous Grumors BS.

I am more tired of shoveling up Sasquatch s**t outta my yard. Stuff kills the grass and stinks to high heaven.

Whether or not it was/is realistic To land Gruden and reasons why this is dragging out is up for debate.

But one thing is for sure. Gruden would be a HOMERUN hire for UT Football and there is nothing debatable about that.

Not sure why some Vol fans think Gruden would be a "HOMERUN". He's been out of coaching for a long time and has very, very little CFB coaching experience. Anyone who thinks that NFL and CFB jobs are the same aren't being realistic. They are two entirely different animals and it would be like starting from scratch for Gruden and would be OJT, which is exactly what UT doesn't need right now. UT needs a HC that can hit the ground running and put the pieces back together quickly. That is anti-Gruden.

Gruden has lost all my respect and is a ***** for not stepping up and saying no to these insane Grumors, or the prospect of being UT's coach, which he never will be.

Screw you Gruden, you and MNF can take a hike. #BoycottNFL #BoycottNFLSponsors #FireGoodell

And BTW, the NFL was banned in our house today and not one person complained, they are all on the boycott. Screw the league and screw you Gruden.

Your dog, ferret, goldfish, and parakeet do not constitute other persons.

there's a greater chance of Bigfoot being captured than Gruden coming to UT. I'm sick and tired of listening to all of this ridiculous Grumors BS.

Me too and people are still believing we will be eating crow. The only bird I will be eating is left over thanksgiving turkey sammich's.

Last edited:
Gruden likes the press;but in my opinion he only hopes he had the ability to transform a program to glory. He is frightened at the prospect and just throws things out there to build up his pub. I think he has the ability but is past his faith in his own ability and is afraid he does not have it. Let him pretend to be more and let us move on.

VN Store

Back