Gruden a sissy play'n like a man.. opinion.

Way to debate my facts with BS. Kudos.

I wasn't debating anything I was simply stating what most rational people know. It's fine if he's who you want as coach (ain't happenin') but stop acting like he's the 2nd coming of Nick Saban and is going to save UT football because the two aren't even in the same discussion when it comes to good coaches. If you are willing to spend the money it would take to get Gruden wouldn't you rather throw it at a proven commodity in Patterson, Peterson, Kelly or someone like that? All Gruden has to do is say "I love the Vols" and you people are ready to give him 10 mil and build him a statue.

Reactions: 1 person
Whether or not it was/is realistic To land Gruden and reasons why this is dragging out is up for debate.

But one thing is for sure. Gruden would be a HOMERUN hire for UT Football and there is nothing debatable about that.

Well the fact is it can easily be debated. Truth is most seniors in high school were about 8 years of age the last time Gruden actually was involved with a football team as a coach. Most of them see him as a talking head on tv not a football coach. You have a bunch of couch fanboys over 25 that think Gruden is the cat's meow. It could be he'd impress a few fathers with his resume, but kids that are in high school now? He is a big "meh" to them. Just ask any high school or middle school player, most will respond with Jon who? I anecdotally asked a couple of the neighborhood kids recently and one freshman in college, Jon Gruden was a meh at best. He's Charlie Weis at best were he to come back and end up run out of Knoxville on a rail.

If he truly was a great coach he wouldn't have gotten fired in the first place. He's got 1 super bowl and a .500 record. All these people that gripe cause some of the current candidates have had a year or two good years. Well Gruden doesnt have very many good years himself.

So Bill Belichick isn’t a great head coach? His ass got fired the first time he was a head coach.

Reactions: 2 people
Who gives a fu## about Monday night football.

That's like being the smartest guy on the short bus.

He's a friggin consultant. He owns nothing. He can sit back and critique others performances and seem like a dang genius.

He hasn't coached in 10 years. If anyone really thinks that is normal isn't playing with a full deck.

If he was the second coming of Jesus then someone in the NFL would have offered him so much money that he couldn't say no. This didn't happen.

He's an NFL version of Lane Kiffin with good morals. He's a dang good offensive mind but doesn't need to be the main leader of a program.

He works well in front of a camera, has high energy, and loves football. If he missed being a coach then he would have pressed harder to get back into coaching somewhere. He didn't. He sold himself into the most profitable job he could for himself still doing what he loves.

Gruden would be a fool to get back into coaching now, at any level.

"If he missed being a coach then he would have pressed harder to get back into coaching somewhere. He didn't."

"Gruden would be a fool to get back into coaching"

Those are counter points. lol just pointing that out for laughs, :)

there's a greater chance of Bigfoot being captured than Gruden coming to UT. I'm sick and tired of listening to all of this ridiculous Grumors BS.

Reactions: 8 people
It it ain't Gruden then it will be a up and comer..... And we will be right back here again in 4 years. Gruden is more realistic than Petersen, Patterson. Mullen is not going to alter the course of this program in any significant way. You should be praying Gruden takes this job.

Well the fact is it can easily be debated. Truth is most seniors in high school were about 8 years of age the last time Gruden actually was involved with a football team as a coach. Most of them see him as a talking head on tv not a football coach. You have a bunch of couch fanboys over 25 that think Gruden is the cat's meow. It could be he'd impress a few fathers with his resume, but kids that are in high school now? He is a big "meh" to them. Just ask any high school or middle school player, most will respond with Jon who? I anecdotally asked a couple of the neighborhood kids recently and one freshman in college, Jon Gruden was a meh at best. He's Charlie Weis at best were he to come back and end up run out of Knoxville on a rail.

there are no guarantees with the home run hire Gruden would be.

He would be a home run--but he might not be able to win! Remember Callahan couldn't win anything at Nebraska.

A safe and affordable option is Mike Norville.....

Witch Doctor say if Currie had Gruden the Kelly thing would have never happened. Its not Jon Grudens fault we all do this everytime. Witch Doctor say lets hope Currie has something working with a good coach and not another up and comer.

BNL

If he truly was a great coach he wouldn't have gotten fired in the first place. He's got 1 super bowl and a .500 record. All these people that gripe cause some of the current candidates have had a year or two good years. Well Gruden doesnt have very many good years himself.

Didn’t Saban have to leave the NFL?

I still want Gruden and think it would be a great hire....but I also have issues with him. I've always thought that he LOVES the attention and speculation to coach again. He loves to be wanted. I don't care about that if he becomes our HC. However, if he turns us down after making a huge offer...then he is on my all time sh*t list...and I will believe there is something to the idea of him being scared to coach. Scared that he will fail. Right now..he's the carrot everyone is reaching for. He's a legend without having to do anything more than what he's done. It would be a risk for him to coach again. The unattainable sought after..revered Gruden would be no more. I've always suspected that is the deal with Gruden. But....if he really is the tough competitor...driven to compete and battle...as is his image...he won't spend the rest of his prime years pretending to be the "grinder" in his cushy broadcast booth "talking" about being a tough competitor, but without the guts to really do it anymore...then he'll coach again...and hopefully with UT.

After this search is done..I will either love Gruden or hate him.

Gruden has lost all my respect and is a ***** for not stepping up and saying no to these insane Grumors, or the prospect of being UT's coach, which he never will be.

Screw you Gruden, you and MNF can take a hike. #BoycottNFL #BoycottNFLSponsors #FireGoodell

And BTW, the NFL was banned in our house today and not one person complained, they are all on the boycott. Screw the league and screw you Gruden.

Reactions: 3 people
How are some of you so stupid? The same people spreading baseless rumors about gruden in 2012 are/were the same doing it this year. There was never a chance Gruden would coach here.

And now that your feelings got hurt you never wanted him anyway. You guys are like children.

For the record, Gruden would not be a good hire. Look up some actual facts about his coaching style (complicated offense, doesnt like catering to young/rookie players, etc) and think about how that would translate to college.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back