Greg Roman? hold on a sec...

Career NFL coach likely waiting for a NFL head coaching opportunity.

Seems very unlikely

Sounds like a doofus in the 49ers press conferences. At this point we might not have many options, though.

Can someone go ahead and start a post about how your sources say it's a done deal and heIs on a plane. If you guys are busy let me know it just seems every candidate deserves their own insiders

If you read the "comments" section, it seems that most think the author is an idiot and they also think that Roman was very instrumental in bringing wins back to San Fran.

Reactions: 2 people
If you read the "comments" section, it seems that most think the author is an idiot and they also think that Roman was very instrumental in bringing wins back to San Fran.

I read the comments too, and it doesn't look like Lowell Cohn is a very respected writer in the Bay area. I wouldn't put too much into this article.

Last edited:
Eh,I skimmed through that pile of crap.... monday morning qb op-ed stuff. I wouldn't put any stock in it.

Roman has been with Harbaugh since Stanford. If he has learned anything from Harbaugh, he could be a very good coach. I think the reasons we thought the college game would appeal to Gruden will appeal to Roman.

He is also the only one that wants the job, it would appear.

Eh,I skimmed through that pile of crap.... monday morning qb op-ed stuff. I wouldn't put any stock in it.

Roman has been with Harbaugh since Stanford. If he has learned anything from Harbaugh, he could be a very good coach. I think the reasons we thought the college game would appeal to Gruden will appeal to Roman.

He is also the only one that wants the job, it would appear.

Ok...I've asked already but where is the info on him wanting the job??? Why?

My baby sister's momma's boyfriend's cousin has a friend who plays cards with a guy who works at Avis rent a car and he has a little brother that runs a rickshaw and someone from UT called him and told him to take it to the airport. Yep, it's a done deal!

Hart has probably never heard of him. The guy will need to come and knock on his door and beg.

Would take it in a heartbeat..Family has ties to the area and they said he would love the job.

"They said"? Do you know his family members? Why do people continue to make shi$ up? Whoever keeps saying he wants the job is an idiot. Their is no source, video, or audio of him saying anything remotely close to him wanting the job.

My sources said this is a done deal...

"Sources" doesn't tell us much - interestingly though, I have "reliable sources who wish to remain anonymous" telling me the same thing.

That's independent verification from two distinct and impeccable sources, so yeah, it's pretty much a done deal.

I have been a Vol fan since Peyton. I live in California and go to all the Stanford games and I'm a diehard 49ers fan. I want no part of Roman at UT. At Stanford there were 3-4 chefs in the kitchen cooking that offense. Harbs, Shaw, Roman and another guy I believe. Now that Roman is at the 49ers Harbs has said the offense is all Roman. Roman has not been doing a good job and I could see him getting fired or him taking another job elsewhere instead of getting fired. Once his game plan doesn't work he just sticks with it and makes no adjustments. Don't get me started on how awful his game plan was this last week against the Rams.

VN Store

Back