Gramps final thread

Sorry to hear this news. Best of luck to you and your family. Haven't always agreed with you, but you have always brought an interesting point of view and the classy way you bring it. Prayers for you and your family.

Reactions: 1 person
Prayers are with you Gramps. Please check with other doctors. I have a cousin currently fighting a rare disorder that her doctor said would take her away within three months. That was 9 months ago. She is still fighting it using other doctors.

Peace be with you and your family.

Gramps, I think you're too stubborn to go. I hope/fully expect to see you back here in a few months talking about how wrong your quack was. Take care. Until we meet again.

Reactions: 5 people
Gramps,

Even though I'm new to this forum, I've enjoyed reading your posts from a different perspective. Yes sir you're correct, Life is short and make the most of your time you have. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

You're good people Gramps. We would all be the worse off in your absence. So with that in mind stick around...doctors have been wrong before so prove this one wrong too.

Good luck Gramps. I would, if you wouldn't mind at all that is, ask for the sake of prayers, would you divulge a first name? You don't have to. I fully believe God would hear a prayer for "Gramps from Volnation" but a name to the prayer would be awesome and you better believe I'm sending the big man some.

Reactions: 3 people
Gramps, we've butted heads on numerous occasions but you're a good guy in my book. I'll pray for you and I hope you'll stay around and keep us entertained with your posts. In times like these an R or a D really doesn't matter that much. God bless and fight the good fight my friend...

Reactions: 4 people
It has been nice, I haven't met anyone personally from VN but I do consider I have made some anonymous friends on here.

I thank Freak for creating VN and the hard worh he and the mods do to make VN the best college sports forum in America.

I got a bad report from the doctor this week, if he is correct my time on earth is short. I want to spend the rest of my days with my family and reading my Bible.

I pray that anyone that has not been saved by the grace of God, you will be . that is the most important thing I ever did in my life was turning my life over to God. I realize many of you do not believe in God, I hope that changes.

Take off the red and blue glasses and take a real look at the USA.

Go Vols!!!!

Gramps out.

Truly love you Gramps. Had fun bashing and arguing. Praying for a miracle.

Reactions: 2 people
Without your class to balance out my crass, this place may go down.

Here's to hoping your doctor is playing a bad joke. Godspeed, my friend.

Reactions: 2 people
May God bless you and yours Gramps. Hope the docs are way wrong and we have a good laugh about all this later. Many here may not understand the peace you have knowing your eternity is secure.Hope you get a chance to really spend some time with those that matter most to you.

Praying for you and your family. Thank you for blessing us with your thoughts. Sending a big hug your way.

It has been nice, I haven't met anyone personally from VN but I do consider I have made some anonymous friends on here.

I thank Freak for creating VN and the hard worh he and the mods do to make VN the best college sports forum in America.

I got a bad report from the doctor this week, if he is correct my time on earth is short. I want to spend the rest of my days with my family and reading my Bible.

I pray that anyone that has not been saved by the grace of God, you will be . that is the most important thing I ever did in my life was turning my life over to God. I realize many of you do not believe in God, I hope that changes.

Take off the red and blue glasses and take a real look at the USA.

Go Vols!!!!

Gramps out.

Gramps,
Great talking with you over the past couple of years. I can tell you are a quality man with a good heart. I pray that the situation will be resolved in your favor and that you will find lots of time to waste posting your thoughts on a message board. Until that happens, I pray your time with your family is fruitful and comforting. Hold on to the hope, trust your doctors and stay faithful. If there is anything you need, don't hesitate to ask.
Your Vol Friend and Brother in Christ,
Will

My family and Volnation will be praying for you and yours. Keep up the good fight sir. It is definitely a blessing to have your opinion on this forum.

Last edited:
Thats awful to hear. I'll be praying for you. God works in mysterious ways, never forget Him and stay strong man. Best of luck for you. I'll miss you on VN.

One more thing old man. You better fight whatever it is, we know how you feel about drinking and you don't want us heathens showing up and throwing you an Irish wake! Might have to give Granny a twirl around the dance floor.

Thanks for the contributions, Gramps. I pray that your family will be strong and will feel peace. Be brave and strong. See you on the other side.

Prayers, Gramps; thanks for all you've brought to the board as a voice of reason. Your presence will be missed.

VN Store

Back