Gowdy admits key Republican talking point on Benghazi is meritless

Oh Gowdy, how could you? You were the chosen one. You were the hero VN needed. They loved you, Trey. And you turned your back on them. You ain't different, Trey. Just another heartbreaker.
All I ever wanted him to do, and all that I think that he wanted to do was to get to the truth. The Democrats have thrown up roadblocks, and dragged their feet to make his job tougher.

Reactions: 1 person
Last I checked, I am a member the United States Intelligence Community and Rep. Gowdy is a politician. I am pretty sure I know significantly more about our military than he does. It's like someone trying to school you on chasing ambulances. That's what you do for a living. If a landscaper tells you how to do your job are you going to believe him?

Point is, it's all political rhetoric. The GOP establishment is afraid and are willing to make deals with the devil.

I would never proudly announce on a public message board that I was a member of the "United States Intelligence community". That is a no no.

All I ever wanted him to do, and all that I think that he wanted to do was to get to the truth. The Democrats have thrown up roadblocks, and dragged their feet to make his job tougher.

You are correct. He was a sharp prosecutor. I take offence by what some people are saying about him.

You mean he isn't an Obama sycophant who knows nothing about the military?

This thread is sending me mixed signals.
Great prosecutor who is a bulldog. If he doesn't find evidence, he doesn't find evidence. He won't prosecute a case with nothing in his hand but his Johnson.

I would never proudly announce on a public message board that I was a member of the "United States Intelligence community". That is a no no.

I am an analyst not some sort of covert operative. Besides, this is an anonymous message board that I access from a burner computer routed through IP addresses in 32 different countries.

You mean he isn't an Obama sycophant who knows nothing about the military?

This thread is sending me mixed signals.

Don't know about the Obama sycophant part but it shouldn't surprise you that most politicians lack knowledge on the military. Some have served but a good portion have not.

I am an analyst not some sort of covert operative. Besides, this is an anonymous message board that I access from a burner computer routed through IP addresses in 32 different countries.

Same company Hillary uses huh?

LG, do you agree or disagree that someone who has served in the military has more intimate knowledge of what military forces are capable of than a Congressman/attorney? Do you think the common janitor knows more about the law than a practicing attorney?

Why wasn't the effort even put forth? Whether or not they could have arrived in time, American citizens were under attack on American soil. By not even attempting to get there, they spit on the graves of those lost that day. They callously threw human life away and put forth no effort whatsoever. Are you really okay with that?

Finally, Gowdy does bring up other points. If American forces couldn't arrive in time, why not? Why were they not positioned to go? It was September 11th, a key day in our fight against terrorism, why weren't U.S. forces on standby ready to go? Sounds like poor planning or downright negligence to me.

Also, could you answer the question someone else asked about calling the fire dept? If your house is on fire, even if the fire dept can't arrive in time to save it, do you still call them?

Reactions: 4 people
This has never been my beef with how this admin handled Benghazi before and after.

Criminal? No. Pisspoor management, general indifferenace and attempts to spin to preserve presidential aspirations? You bet.

Not criminal?

You've got no problem with the US shipping arms from Libya to Syria by way of Turkey?

LG, do you agree or disagree that someone who has served in the military has more intimate knowledge of what military forces are capable of than a Congressman/attorney? Do you think the common janitor knows more about the law than a practicing attorney?

Why wasn't the effort even put forth? Whether or not they could have arrived in time, American citizens were under attack on American soil. By not even attempting to get there, they spit on the graves of those lost that day. They callously threw human life away and put forth no effort whatsoever. Are you really okay with that?

Finally, Gowdy does bring up other points. If American forces couldn't arrive in time, why not? Why were they not positioned to go? It was September 11th, a key day in our fight against terrorism, why weren't U.S. forces on standby ready to go? Sounds like poor planning or downright negligence to me.

Also, could you answer the question someone else asked about calling the fire dept? If your house is on fire, even if the fire dept can't arrive in time to save it, do you still call them?

LG can answer for himself, but I just want to ask the question:

Doesn't it seem possible, maybe probable, given the number of failed investigations by what could be described as highly partisan, highly motivated, Republican led committees that Ambassador Stevens and his entourage were on a covert mission that could not be assisted for fear of blowing the cover on the mission itself? If so, I'm guessing the ambassador and his crew knew there would be no help sent in case of trouble and went anyway.

As much as we all might want our gov/intelligence folks/military to be completely above board and transparent in all they do, that just ain't the real world and for very good reasons.

great points but don't expect him to answer those, he's too busy babbling about right wing conspiracies

LG can answer for himself, but I just want to ask the question:

Doesn't it seem possible, maybe probable, given the number of failed investigations by what could be described as highly partisan, highly motivated, Republican led committees that Ambassador Stevens and his entourage were on a covert mission that could not be assisted for fear of blowing the cover on the mission itself? If so, I'm guessing the ambassador and his crew knew there would be no help sent in case of trouble and went anyway.

As much as we all might want our gov/intelligence folks/military to be completely above board and transparent in all they do, that just ain't the real world and for very good reasons.

I believe this also, however I probably have a different take on it. I have come to believe that he was there to shut down and expose the illegal arms shipments and training we were providing the Syrian rebels. He made himself a liability thus expendable.

I believe this also, however I probably have a different take on it. I have come to believe that he was there to shut down and expose the illegal arms shipments and training we were providing the Syrian rebels. He made himself a liability thus expendable.

Why would he be doing that when Hillary most likely new about illegal arms shipments to Syrian terrorists? More likely he was there to make the transactions.

Spot on hoggy!!

VN Store

Back