Google the woke totalitarian tech monopoly

Kind of funny how your opinion about corporate political manipulation seems to be a moving target....

He used to at least muddy the waters to where you were just pretty sure he was a hypocritical, partisan hack, when it come to such things. Im glad he's finally said "screw it". There's no need to pretend like right is right and wrong is wrong any more.

Reactions: volinbham
He used to at least muddy the waters to where you were just pretty sure he was a hypocritical, partisan hack, when it come to such things. Im glad he's finally said "screw it". There's no need to pretend like right is right and wrong is wrong any more.
That's my single biggest pet peeve with where we are right now. Intellectual dishonesty on both sides is easy to spot, but people seemingly are either too tribal or lazy to care. lt's the new norm.

Reactions: NashVol11
That's my single biggest pet peeve with where we are right now. Intellectual dishonesty on both sides is easy to spot, but people seemingly are either too tribal or lazy to care. lt's the new norm.

I would say it's a complete abandonment of principles but it may be strict adherence to a single principle: whatever it takes for my side to win is what I support.

I would say it's a complete abandonment of principles but it may be strict adherence to a single principle: whatever it takes for my side to win is what I support.
imo its a loss of humility. the ability to say "I'm wrong, you're right."to say I don't know. you don't see that anymore. from anyone. when no one has all of the answers.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
You guys should boycott Google.

Not that easy to do. Insanely easier to boycott Sinclair Broadcasting given they should have had their FCC license revoked...

Unfortunately for them, that's what is going to addressed in the FTC hearing (the monopoly thing).

Y'all said compaines can do what they want and serve who they want. Deny a cake. Filter results. All the same. Stop crying.

Y'all said compaines can do what they want and serve who they want. Deny a cake. Filter results. All the same. Stop crying.

They should be able to, so should individuals. BUT the DOJ has said they can't so just enforce equally.

Never said they can't do it. Two threads have discussed this and I've consistently said they can do it if they want. No crying here.

Y'all claim that conspiracy to alter an election is a crime. So there's that.

Collusion with foreign enemies of the state to hack systems and databases to manipulate votes and other espionage is much different than a company favoring a candidate. 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Collusion with foreign enemies of the state to hack systems and databases to manipulate votes and other espionage is much different than a company favoring a candidate. 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

That would be a crime, who did that?

If that company was to actually filter results to tamper with candidate approval... Much like the left accused Russia of doing through FB and other social media...?

It seems liberals want their cake and to eat it too. Russian collision using social media to paint Hillary in a poor light was illegal enough to indict Russian troll farms. But at least one resident liberal here seems to have been laying the case that there's nothing wrong with a multinational monolithic media giant abusing algorithms to make her look better and her foe look worse.

Tisk tisk. A lack of principles is a bad look.

If that company was to actually filter results to tamper with candidate approval... Much like the left accused Russia of doing through FB and other social media...?

It seems liberals want their cake and to eat it too. Russian collision using social media to paint Hillary in a poor light was illegal enough to indict Russian troll farms. But at least one resident liberal here seems to have been laying the case that there's nothing wrong with a multinational monolithic media giant abusing algorithms to make her look better and her foe look worse.

Tisk tisk. A lack of principles is a bad look.
Foreign government hacking another country's resources to influence an election versus a company favoring a political candidate. Yeah completely the same thing. 😂😂😂😂😂

Foreign government hacking another country's resources to influence an election versus a company favoring a political candidate. Yeah completely the same thing. 😂😂😂😂😂
Tell yourself there is a huge difference in the ethics and legality or illegality of it. Whatever you need to do to fool yourself (because that's all the fooling you'll do).

And stop moving the goal posts with the database hacking bit. You know damn well that's not what I'm talking about. Have some intellectual honesty in the discussion.

So, a domestic company that practically has the market cornered in internet search features and information, is less of a threat than a country that plays this game with every election of consequence on the planet?

Earth serves as home to 7.5B people, almost every one of them have used or at least heard of Google and their products.

Yeah, they have no impact on the home front, in the country where their search features are manipulated to favor one candidate.

Reactions: ajvol01

VN Store

Back