Google the woke totalitarian tech monopoly

Customers already know that techies in California are Democrats. That’s not a transparency issue

I beg to differ. I doubt anywhere in Google communications they state or in other ways materially represent their political leanings and activity.

They do not have to let customers know (legally) other than required political support disclosures. I just think given all the screeching we hear about Citizens United and corporate money in politics that a company who's moto used to be "Do No Harm" (talk about Orwellian) might want to proactively be transparent with it's customers.

I'm reminded about the freakout over Sinclair - the argument was that they had such broad reach that their political leanings were a public interest issue. Sinclair had nothing on Google in terms of reach.

Soooooooo ....

No link to reliable source concerning any evidence?

Instead its the usual formula:

1) Trump makes ill-advised tweet claiming someone is out to get him. Part of the deep state, don't you know.

2) Everyone scratches their head and collectively asks, "What is this imbecile tweeting about now?" Look into it and quickly discover it is his standard nonsense, repackaging something he heard from some guy on tv or the radio that says he's the greatest. Media responsibly report its another bogus claim by Trump.

3) Trump cult members (TCM) scurry to find evidence that its true to defend their loon in chief.

4) TCM find a struggling academic all too willing to get the limelight for once who says it is theoretically possible that the people Trump says are out to get him, could be out to get him.

5) Special needs media that caters to TCM publishes stories, to get clicks for their advertising revenue from TCM, that insinuates its true. TCM repeats it within echo chamber of other TCM members ...it becomes "true" and the only reason we don't hear anything about it is because of the conspiracy.

6) Rinse. Repeat.

Reactions: Lerxtwood
I beg to differ. I doubt anywhere in Google communications they state or in other ways materially represent their political leanings and activity.

They do not have to let customers know (legally) other than required political support disclosures. I just think given all the screeching we hear about Citizens United and corporate money in politics that a company who's moto used to be "Do No Harm" (talk about Orwellian) might want to proactively be transparent with it's customers.
In Google's defense, they tried to email users but GMail is down again.

Soooooooo ....

No link to reliable source concerning any evidence?

Instead its the usual formula:

1) Trump makes ill-advised tweet claiming someone is out to get him. Part of the deep state, don't you know.

2) Everyone scratches their head and collectively asks, "What is this imbecile tweeting about now?" Look into it and quickly discover it is his standard nonsense, repackaging something he heard from some guy on tv or the radio that says he's the greatest. Media responsibly report its another bogus claim by Trump.

3) Trump cult members (TCM) scurry to find evidence that its true to defend their loon in chief.

4) TCM find a struggling academic all too willing to get the limelight for once who says it is theoretically possible that the people Trump says are out to get him, could be out to get him.

5) Special needs media that caters to TCM publishes stories, to get clicks for their advertising revenue from TCM, that insinuates its true. TCM repeats it within echo chamber of other TCM members ...it becomes "true" and the only reason we don't hear anything about it is because of the conspiracy.

6) Rinse. Repeat.
you know this story is about the speech/meeting google execs gave after the election. and there is a video to it in the article. stop deflecting

Out of curiosity I've been using duckduckgo for about a week and comparing search results to google. I find it interesting that the search results from duckduckgo are closer to what I'm actually searching for in most instances.

you know this story is about the speech/meeting google execs gave after the election. and there is a video to it in the article. stop deflecting

So?

Google execs are smart people. They loathe Trump, just like other smart people.

That does not prove they altered search results on Google pages.

Apparently you did.

Lg has been in the Marxist mire for so long. It's really sad. People like LG have no problem of conservatives being silenced. He would have no problems with gulags, as long as it is against conservatives.

So?

When they block or filter conservative messages, yes that isnt ethical. Of course you dont understand ethics.

So?

pretty sure you were the first to bring up google search changes. this is the second thread where you have thrown in that non sequitur in an effort to change the subject.

Reactions: BartW
Well, there you go. Case closed. Google is part of deep state.
(00:49:10) An employee asks if Google is willing to “invest in grassroots, hyper-local efforts to bring tools and services and understanding of Google products and knowledge” so that people can “make informed decisions that are best for themselves.” Pichai’s response: Google will ensure its “educational products” reach “segments of the population [they] are not [currently] fully reaching.”

(00:49:10) An employee asks if Google is willing to “invest in grassroots, hyper-local efforts to bring tools and services and understanding of Google products and knowledge” so that people can “make informed decisions that are best for themselves.” Pichai’s response: Google will ensure its “educational products” reach “segments of the population [they] are not [currently] fully reaching.”

WTF ? You translate that to mean that Google is altering search results to promote liberal points of view? Huh?

pretty sure you were the first to bring up google search changes. this is the second thread where you have thrown in that non sequitur in an effort to change the subject.

I seem to be reading that implication from your right wing brethren.

WTF ? You translate that to mean that Google is altering search results to promote liberal points of view? Huh?
(00:15:20) Porat promises that Google will “use the great strength and resources and reach we have to continue to advance really important values.”

Why is this an issue? Since when are people not allowed to have political opinions you don't like?

And why this right wing obsession with it?
Kind of funny how your opinion about corporate political manipulation seems to be a moving target....

Sinclair tells stations to air media-bashing promos - and the criticism goes viral - Apr. 1, 2018

I've seen a mash up of this. Like 20 stations reading the EXACT same script, word for word, echoing the "fake media" narrative. It is beyond alarming. It is fascist.

Congress needs to hold hearings, at a minimum. I can't believe conservatives would even stand for this.

Nolte: New York Times Covered Up Google Tape’s Most Newsworthy Details

The New York Times reported on the explosive Google Tape back in March but chose not to informs its readers of virtually all the key details revealed during this company town hall.

On Tuesday, Breitbart News obtained video of an hour-plus long company meeting at Google that took place shortly after the 2016 presidential election. You can watch the full video to judge the context of these individual quotes for yourself — but in my view, what you have here is a smoking gun proving the biggest Internet search engine in the world (by far) intends to abuse its corporate power to affect the outcome of elections, to manipulate searches in a way that will result in political outcomes desired by a multinational corporation and Silicon Valley.

Company co-founder Sergey Brin tells his employees: “it’s worth being very vigilant and thinking about all these issues, what we can do to lead to maybe a better quality of governance and decision-making and so forth [emphasis added].”

Nolte: New York Times Covered Up Google Tape's Most Newsworthy Details | Breitbart

501EECDB00000578-6162889-image-a-6_1536830185901.jpg

Reactions: BigOrangeD

VN Store

Back