Girl Pressures Boyfriend into Suicide

Sorry, but being uneducated about treatment options is nowhere close to a reasonable excuse. Even if your second profile is true (which is virtually impossible based on the released texts), what she did is still evil. Her role in this was much too active for it to be written off as based on good intentions

I could more easily get behind your line of thinking if the texts showed that she only understood his decision and wouldn't stop him. That's not what happened though. She incessantly goaded him into it. When someone is depressed they are vulnerable. What she did is no different than pointing a gun at him and pulling the trigger.

I am making the distinction for the pure evil label between what she did and who she is. I'm saying that if she wanted him to end it to relieve his suffering, then I can call her participation as a misguided, ignorant, and evil act. I'm not going to label her as pure evil just yet. Most on the board can't make that distinction. I could if she was convinced that it was the only way to end his affliction.

As far as the gun analogy, mercy killings are real. They aren't necessarily committed by people driven by pure evil personalities. In fact, they're not. To her, the texts could have been no different than a mercy killer's finger pulling the trigger.

I cannot imagine what texts that would proceed or follow the ones posted that would change the meaning of what was in those specific texts. Can you?

Judas Priest? Seriously. Did they have an ongoing, specific conversation with the fan base or sing a song about suicide.

As AllVol says - a judge will determine crime or no crime. Regardless of the ruling I find her behavior here to be inexcusable.

People sometimes say things that they don't mean. "I hate you" from children to parents comes to mind. I haven't re-read, but the time stamps of each are important.

I think that you've missed the point of the Judas Priest comment. That was in reference to her legal standing if a lower court convicts and appeals go before higher courts. Judas Priest was found not accountable by the Supreme Court. I posed it as a question. I did not say it was the same. I in fact noted the difference.

Inexcusable behavior is very different from a pure evil persona.

TGO, you're standing alone in an empty field man.

Yes, I know. It's hard to answer questions flung in my direction from 6 different posters... many of them not following along and questioning things that I never said.

As I've said many times, I don't think that she will be convicted of a crime based on what I've read in the article. I'm not making an unqualified excuse for what she did either. I'm not going to label her as pure evil yet.

On multiple occasions BEFORE he killed himself she attempted to garner attention from it.

I'm not seeing that. There are the selections below from the paper. The reason that I won't base an opinion of her on the story is because of things they've crafted such as the last sentence that is standing there alone where the paper put it. What if she had said "I'm afraid that he really is going to do it. If he does then ... I'm thankful that our last words were... ". I wonder if that was "told" in a text to her friend or in person. The paper didn't make that clear. The paper's commentary that "she appeared to be preparing her friends and Roy's relatives" is unusual. I don't know how lying about not knowing where he was translates to "preparing her friends".

It's plausible that he was initiating the discussions and she didn't know how to react to something that heavy. She could have been dealing with it by challenging him to do it already. It could be a handful of attempts at reverse psychology selected from thousands of text exchanges.

My bottom line is that I'm not convinced that it happened as the paper is portraying. They will profit by generating interest in the tragedy.

================

At the same time, Carter appeared to be preparing her friends and Roy’s relatives for his eventual death. Days before his suicide, Carter texted a friend named Samantha and claimed that Roy was missing — though she was communicating with him at exactly the same time about how to fix his father’s broken generator.

The day before his death, she told her friend: “I’m thankful that our last words were I love you.”

I'm arguing that an ignorant 17 year old child did not necessarily commit a criminal act with her choice of words.

17 year old child? Come on, she is a disgusting individual that knew what she was doing.

That being said, I think charging her is a real (and dangerous) stretch. While what she did is inexcusable I find it hard to believe it's illegal.

Reactions: 1 person
wow... that is sick. I absolutely hope she is found guilty. It largely sounds like she was driving the whole thing so she could somehow gather attention for herself.

Meh, I think he was the one looking for attention at first with all of the suicide talk. She probably just had her fill of all of that and just got frustrated with all of the talk, but no action. I would probably fault her more for how she behaved after the fact by acting like an advocate for mental health when she played a role in influencing him to kill himself and for all the lying and cover ups.

Having said all of that, there is probably one thing she could have done to maybe cheer him up and minimize his thoughts of suicide...

Reactions: 2 people
She is ugly also

Roy Batty IMO

imrs.php

images

Altho in Roy's defense...he was prolly a better human being

She'll get destroyed in civil court at the very least.

With how many laws we have on the books, I will be shocked if what she did isn't against some law.

I dont disagree with you. I just cant think of a law I know of that she broke.

Is this a pro or con on the pussification of America scale? I mean, I've read so many times on here that bullying is just something that's going to happen and kids need to learn how to deal with it

Reactions: 1 person
I dont disagree with you. I just cant think of a law I know of that she broke.

Having the guy get rid of their txt msgs and misleading police afterwards is probably worthy of some form of evidence tampering, obstruction or impeding investigation charge (just throwing stuff on the wall).

Having the guy get rid of their txt msgs and misleading police afterwards is probably worthy of some form of evidence tampering, obstruction or impeding investigation charge (just throwing stuff on the wall).

Pretty much this.

TGO is trying to argue her understanding of mental health issues and the results of her words. It's not a bad argument. But it falls apart when one looks at the fact that she tried to cover her tracks, and acknowledged potential criminal issues that might stem from her actions.

She'll get destroyed in civil court at the very least.

With how many laws we have on the books, I will be shocked if what she did isn't against some law.

What would be the basis for the lawsuit?

Wrongful death.

Man that's a stretch IMO.

Of course I've been accused of not having the slightest bit of empathy so I have a hard time holding someone else responsible for anothers suicide.

Whatever the basis of the lawsuit, in our current system they have a really good case. You can successfully sue over nothing, and this is not nothing.

Whatever the basis of the lawsuit, in our current system they have a really good case. You can successfully sue over nothing, and this is not nothing.

You're right but that doesn't make it right.

VN Store

Back