Girl Pressures Boyfriend into Suicide

Youth in this case is not an excuse. She knew what she was doing IMO

I bring up age because she is not capable of understanding the prognosis of her boyfriend's affliction. Apparently she was totally aware that her words could drive him to asphyxiate himself, but she probably did not understand whether or not if his case was hopeless. It's very possible that this was her first encounter with mental illness.

Kevorkian went to jail. Manson is in jail. She's in deep ****, but I would not be surprised for her to walk based on the freedom of speech angle.

Well we really can't be certain of many aspects of the story when our opinions are being driven by a media spinning as always to make it appear as sensational as possible. I'm glad that I'm not sitting on the jury in this case.

Assuming the text messages are real, yeah, you can be certain what she did. There isn't a defense for urging someone to commit suicide.

I bring up age because she is not capable of understanding the prognosis of her boyfriend's affliction. Apparently she was totally aware that her words could drive him to asphyxiate himself, but she probably did not understand whether or not if his case was hopeless. It's very possible that this was her first encounter with mental illness.

Kevorkian went to jail. Manson is in jail. She's in deep ****, but I would not be surprised for her to walk based on the freedom of speech angle.

Say what now?

Well we really can't be certain of many aspects of the story when our opinions are being driven by a media spinning as always to make it appear as sensational as possible. I'm glad that I'm not sitting on the jury in this case.

I read the text messages. No spin required

Really? Wow.

All I got from that article was that she is pure evil.

The "better off dead" comment can be looked at in two ways. I don't think that she means "you are pathetic, kill yourself now". I think that she thinks he was in such despair that he'd be better off in heaven. That's the impression that I took away after reading:

For more than a week in July 2014, Carter and Roy exchanged hundreds of messages in which Carter insisted that Roy would be better off dead.

“You’re finally going to be happy in heaven. No more pain,” she told him in one message. “It’s okay to be scared and it’s normal. I mean, you’re about to die.”

I said that she did not understand the affliction. Don't skew and distort what I've said.

Your defense of her actions in anyway are ignorant at best and disgusting at worst.

She is old enough to know you dont badger someone about finally committing suicide.....

Your posts are absurd.

Reactions: 6 people
How is this different from encouraging a partner to commit suicide when afflicted with ALS? She wasn't of legal age for one thing.

Your defense of her actions in anyway are ignorant at best and disgusting at worst.

She is old enough to know you dont badger someone about finally committing suicide.....

Your posts are absurd.

I guess you are an expert because you have read an edited down version of the facts.

How is this different from encouraging a partner to commit suicide when afflicted with ALS? She wasn't of legal age for one thing.

Ummm, for one I would argue that it's not okay to convince anyone to commit suicide regardless of their condition. Two, those two situations have absolutely nothing in common. ALS is a degenerative disease with no cure. It is very common for kids who are depressed as teenagers to turn things around and live long and happy lives.

Reactions: 1 person
Ummm, for one I would argue that it's not okay to convince anyone to commit suicide regardless of their condition. Two, those two situations have absolutely nothing in common. ALS is a degenerative disease with no cure. It is very common for kids who are depressed as teenagers to turn things around and live long and happy lives.

She's not a Psychiatrist. It's possible that in her mind the afflictions are equally hopeless.

So you're honestly arguing that ignorance is a valid excuse here? Don't thing you're going to convince too many with that one.

I'm arguing that an ignorant 17 year old child did not necessarily commit a criminal act with her choice of words.

You don't have to be a mental health expert to know you shouldn't encourage someone to commit suicide. Thinking otherwise is complete ignorance.

You shouldn't. But if you do, is it against the law? Charlie Manson's words and manipulation earned him a life sentence, but it's possible that in her mind she's a Juliet instead of a Charlie.

Is it criminal to yell "Jump!" at somebody on the ledge of a 10 story building? It might be, I don't know, but that is how she is being portrayed. I'm not convinced that she was being a sadistic narcissist as they story has influenced many to believe. Bad idea? Yes. Crime? Maybe not.

VN Store

Back