Georgia is Ole Miss 2.0...

To get this Dude from the state of Louisiana...yea Kirby is cheating. But it only counts if you get caught.
Yeah, it's hard to see how they stole him right out front under the shadow of LSU's stadium like that. I understood Cade Mays more, we were historically bad in 2017.

They beat our ass. That's the worst ass whipping I've ever seen in Neyland, by Alabama, Florida, or anybody.

I think you might be on to something. Georgia blew us out last year, along with Vandy and Missouri. Some elite company which could have caused Georgia to be a little overconfident in the National Title game.

Missouri got Dooley this year better look out!!!!!!!!

Reactions: cbe
Something is going on, I don’t buy that it’s just “they’re the hot team” right now. Yes, they’ve dumped a ton of money into the facilities and bells and whistles but I’m not getting how one team, after one good season, can land 16 five stars in a year and a half span. Odd.

this. The last 2 years Clemson was the "hot" team but they didnt pull a recruiting haul like this one.

Something is going on, I don’t buy that it’s just “they’re the hot team” right now. Yes, they’ve dumped a ton of money into the facilities and bells and whistles but I’m not getting how one team, after one good season, can land 16 five stars in a year and a half span. Odd.

I hate to agree with a Gator, but this.

Not to bring up a bad subject, but Cade Mays is a perfect example of shadiness going on. The kid was bought in lock, stock and barrel to UT for over three years and all the sudden goes all kinds of ignorant and commits to UGA? I don't buy any kid being that bought into a former coach and not even giving a new coach a chance. Yeah, I know there was a meeting and whatnot, but danged if it wasn't odd the way that all went down especially given Fulmer helped with that meeting.

Reactions: tbh and rjd970
Funny, I must have missed when Ole Miss won the SEC Championship and lost the National Championship in OT.

Reactions: secking
JMO, but anybody that thinks this is all due to Kirby and a NC game appearance, or just the talent in Georgia...is just as naïve as those who think everyone doesn't cheat.

The turnaround in the last year in a half with recruiting is ridiculous. This goes past just being a good recruiter, I'm sorry. UGA is cheating on the same level as Ole Miss, which is not the same level as everyone else. It's not just cheating, it's dirty cheating. The only question is if they will be smart enough to not get caught.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
It happens everywhere.

GA is winning and played in the NC game last year. Imagine that, kids wanting to play at a winning program?!?!

They really are Running Back U. right now, so I'm not surprised that they would land yet another one... It's definitely not Ole Miss level suspicious... at least not yet.

As in, with 4 5-Star Runnig backs, how is Smart selling playing time to them? “Yeah. You’ll sit on the bench for 2-3 years, but you’ll get your shot in 2021”.
Selling playing time is easy. “The players who give us the best chance to win are going to play, regardless of whether they’re a senior or a freshman.”

Not to bring up a bad subject, but Cade Mays is a perfect example of shadiness going on. The kid was bought in lock, stock and barrel to UT for over three years and all the sudden goes all kinds of ignorant and commits to UGA? I don't buy any kid being that bought into a former coach and not even giving a new coach a chance. Yeah, I know there was a meeting and whatnot, but danged if it wasn't odd the way that all went down especially given Fulmer helped with that meeting.

To be fair, Pittman is a great OL coach and UT’s OLine coaching/scheming/everything was absolutely terrible. If you’re trying to make it in the NFL, it’s a no brainer.

Everyone knows that Georgia has always recruited well. But 16 5-star recruits in just 3 recruiting cycles? I mean, that’s incredible if they actually did it the honest way.

Makes Dabo, Meyer and anyone not named Saban look slow and old on the crootin’ trail at this point.

you realize that Smart was part of Saban doing this. so if Saban could do it legally, why couldn't Smart?

To be fair, Pittman is a great OL coach and UT’s OLine coaching/scheming/everything was absolutely terrible. If you’re trying to make it in the NFL, it’s a no brainer.

I could buy into this line of thought, save the fact he was committed to UT for how long before decommitting and moving on?

As long as our O line has been a mess for certain.

Everyone loves a winner. But at the same time, everyone loves the TV exposure and playing time. It's hard to get drafted when you're a 5 Star riding the pine behind a hoop of other 5 Stars.

Getting stomped in the ground by them is ugly enough. When we start the but but but but you must be cheating, with no proof or evidence, is an even uglier one.

But, but, but the OP is NOT, I repeat, NOT whining.

It is interesting that UGA is a significantly more difficult school to gain admission to than UTK, yet the Dawgs are not having trouble getting their players enrolled.

Literally every school cheats and pays players, including Tennessee, if you think otherwise you're honestly an idiot.

Also the state of Georgia produces a lot of elite talent every year and the only in-state team Georgia has to compete with is GT (who they should be beating every year) so them getting a lot of 5 stars shouldn't exactly be that far fetched.
Clemson, Auburn and FSU are allocated within 20-30 minutes of the state line.

This does make sense, but mostly for last years class. If you can bs your way with dirty recruiting on that level for just one year, it causes a chain reaction for years to come. All you need is one good haul and others will follow most of the time for years down the road.

According to the 247 composite rankings, there are 33 five stars in the nation, 7 of them are from Georgia. As bad as I hate it, UGA has been a sleeping giant for some time, like Florida was pre-Spurrier.

Almost every school is cheating to some degree, that should be common knowledge by now. The real issue isn't how much are they cheating, rather how obvious (see Ole Miss) are they making it.

Georgia has always had a plethora of talent, many of which teams like Clemson, Florida State and Auburn would go in and steal, especially when Georgia was under Richt. I give Kirby credit because (somehow) he's not only keeping the local talent, he's cherry picking neighboring states of their top level prospects as well. I've even heard he's gotten guys to commit on their very first visit, that's almost unheard of.

It's also mind boggling that in just a few years, he's making traditional elite recruiting teams over the past decade (Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Oklahoma.. etc) look human. It's unreal.

Yep, Mays is a perfect example.. It reminds me of when Ole Miss was pulling guys out of Lake City, FL and Ocala, FL. Towns that are just miles away from Gainesville and kids who grew up going to games in the Swamp, yet they’re all suddenly going to Ole Freaking Miss? Something was awry. Something feels off here too, with UGA. I mean, one kid recently committed to UGA while on LSU’s campus?? What the hell?

That Tongue kid (who goes to school like a mile or two from Tiger stadium) has a father who played in the NFL for 10 years, he can't be hurting for money. Maybe their hostesses are turning tricks like Kiffin had ours doing???

That Tongue kid (who goes to school like a mile or two from Tiger stadium) has a father who played in the NFL for 10 years, he can't be hurting for money. Maybe their hostesses are turning tricks like Kiffin had ours doing???
Or maybe he sees the LSU program as a slow burning dumpster fire

Reactions: Boston Vol

VN Store

Back