Georgia is Ole Miss 2.0...

Booker512

Or at least that’s what I’m personally starting to think anyways.

Another 5 Star commitment today from Louisiana and I can’t help but think there is some money changing hands down there in Athens.

Maybe Kirby Smart is just the best recruiter in college football history, but I just remember seeing this same type of situation when Pastor Freeze was raking in 5 stars hand over fist down at Ole Miss.

Reactions: tbh

Another 5 Star commitment today from Louisiana and I can’t help but think there is some money changing hands down there in Athens.

Maybe Kirby Smart is just the best recruiter in college football history, but I just remember seeing this same type of situation when Pastor Freeze was raking in 5 stars hand over fist down at Ole Miss.
Big difference between where OM was when they started to get a lot of high level recruits and where Georgia is as a program. Georgia has been recruiting at this level for a while.

Everyone knows that Georgia has always recruited well. But 16 5-star recruits in just 3 recruiting cycles? I mean, that’s incredible if they actually did it the honest way.

Makes Dabo, Meyer and anyone not named Saban look slow and old on the crootin’ trail at this point.

Literally every school cheats and pays players, including Tennessee, if you think otherwise you're honestly an idiot.

Also the state of Georgia produces a lot of elite talent every year and the only in-state team Georgia has to compete with is GT (who they should be beating every year) so them getting a lot of 5 stars shouldn't exactly be that far fetched.

Literally every school cheats and pays players, including Tennessee, if you think otherwise you're honestly an idiot.

Also the state of Georgia produces a lot of elite talent every year and the only in-state team Georgia has to compete with is GT (who they should be beating every year) so them getting a lot of 5 stars shouldn't exactly be that far fetched.

Of course everyone does to some extent. The ones who either flaunt it or just draw an over abundance of attention to themselves by gobbling up every top recruit like a hoover vacuum tend to be the ones that are fed to the wolves.

Reactions: cbe
It seems like Kirby is putting up some pretty high fences around the Georgia borders. The state has always produced massive talent but schools like Clemson have stolen a lot of really good players from there, especially when Mark Richt was UGA's coach.

Doesn't seem like Kirby is letting as many leave.

But yeah, everyone is cheating to some degree, you have to in today's competitive environment.

Yeah. I know every team does it. I’m not naive.

But when you go from getting 1 or 2 five star players from in state every season under Richt to suddenly pulling in 8 and not just from in-state, but from all over the country, that’s like a 400% increase.

Maybe kids just REALLY REALLY like Kirby Smart 🤷‍♂️

Yeah. I know every team does it. I’m not naive.

But when you go from getting 1 or 2 five star players from in state every season under Richt to suddenly pulling in 8 and not just from in-state, but from all over the country, that’s like a 400% increase.

Maybe kids just REALLY REALLY like Kirby Smart 🤷‍♂️
And they're winning.

Thread is baseless.........UGA is winning and predicted to win the East for several years, kids WANT to play for winning programs......stop whining and lets get our own winning going, THEN those GA recruits start looking at us again........."Come On MAN!!!!!"

Georgia the state is a recruiting gold mine. They've underperformed for years. I think they've finally got a beast of a coach, dammit. So glad we got rid of Botch, a snake oil salesman like him would never have a chance to compete long term. Pruitt might be tough enough to do so. On a better subject, Mullen is recruiting like shiott at UF so far.

Smart has proven he can coach. He got to the NC in year 2. Yes UGA is paying players just like we are. Difference is UGA is paying and winning while we have been paying and losing.

And when ole Kirby chokes in the big game year after year the stars will go elsewhere. It's only a matter of time. They will not become the " new" Bama. I can assure you Saban is on a different level, Kirby's no Saban. Not even close.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I don't think Kirby's another Saban, there will probably never be another one like Saban. With that said, I don't think it's fair to say Kirby "choked" this past year. Alabama had more talent than UGA, especially along the lines of scrimmage, UGA got a lead with good coaching but talent won out in the end. If that game has gone another quarter Bama would have been up by 2 touchdowns.

I’m not whining. 😅.

There has been like 5-8 classes in this century of the caliber that UGA is putting together back-to-back now. I don’t think anyone expects Tennessee to suddenly grab 8 five stars out of thin air in our coaches first year. It was just conversation. LOL. As in, with 4 5-Star Runnig backs, how is Smart selling playing time to them? “Yeah. You’ll sit on the bench for 2-3 years, but you’ll get your shot in 2021”. Seems like a hard bargain to sell a hungry 18 yr old.

My bad. Didn’t mean to post a football post on a football website. o_O

I don't think Kirby's another Saban, there will probably never be another one like Saban. With that said, I don't think it's fair to say Kirby "choked" this past year. Alabama had more talent than UGA, especially along the lines of scrimmage, UGA got a lead with good coaching but talent won out in the end. If that game has gone another quarter Bama would have been up by 2 touchdowns.

Smart didnt choke this past year. He got out coached and out talented by the unquestioned GOAT of CF. I do think UGA got a little conservative in the second half but you are right, in the end the talent and more importantly depth of talent won out. Also, its not like Bama blew their doors off either. UGA was a sack away from winning with a FR QB.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
I’m not whining. 😅.

There has been like 5-8 classes in this century of the caliber that UGA is putting together back-to-back now. I don’t think anyone expects Tennessee to suddenly grab 8 five stars out of thin air in our coaches first year. It was just conversation. LOL. As in, with 4 5-Star Runnig backs, how is Smart selling playing time to them? “Yeah. You’ll sit on the bench for 2-3 years, but you’ll get your shot in 2021”. Seems like a hard bargain to sell a hungry 18 yr old.

My bad. Didn’t mean to post a football post on a football website. o_O

I dont think playing time is a huge deal with many of these big time 5 star players. I think its much more about winning, getting excellent coaching and getting them ready for the NFL. If not, Smart and Saban wouldnt be getting all these stud players.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
I dont think playing time is a huge deal with many of these big time 5 star players. I think its much more about winning, getting excellent coaching and getting them ready for the NFL. If not, Smart and Saban wouldnt be getting all these stud players.
Especially running backs. The top ones nowadays don't want a whole bunch of carries in college. Now that we are going back to a power running game hopefully we'll start pulling some of these guys. I think the few traditional running offenses have an advantage pulling these NFL quality guys in the era of the spread.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Smart didnt choke this past year. He got out coached and out talented by the unquestioned GOAT of CF. I do think UGA got a little conservative in the second half but you are right, in the end the talent and more importantly depth of talent won out. Also, its not like Bama blew their doors off either. UGA was a sack away from winning with a FR QB.

They Choked, It all went down hill after the dropped interception. They could not put their foot on Bama's throat when they had the chance. To make matters worse a Freshman QB comes in as a desperate move to spark the team and it worked.

dontworry-georgia-r-davis-81-fa-this-is-only-the-30122542.png

Reactions: cbe
They Choked, It all went down hill after the dropped interception. They could not put their foot on Bama's throat when they had the chance. To make matters worse a Freshman QB comes in as a desperate move to spark the team and it worked.

View attachment 160896

I can only hope we “choke” away a Natty, after winning the SEC, in Pruitt’s second year. Hell would take it after year 5.

View attachment 160896
That was far from a choke job. Remember who their were playing. It wasnt like they were playing GT. Like I said they did get a little conservative but in all honesty, they had Saban by the balls and he knew it. He inserted Tua in as a desperation move. Tua pulled off a miracle play that saved them. Escaping a sack like he did happens once in a blue moon. If he doesnt escape that sack, its game over.

That was far from a choke job. Remember who their were playing. It wasnt like they were playing GT. Like I said they did get a little conservative but in all honesty, they had Saban by the balls and he knew it. He inserted Tua in as a desperation move. Tua pulled off a miracle play that saved them. Escaping a sack like he did happens once in a blue moon. If he doesnt escape that sack, its game over.

Maybe had they read from the maxims of the Legend, specifically item 7, they might not have choked.

7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.

The state of Georgia thinks games only last 3 quarters.

georgia choke.jpg

Maybe had they read from the maxims of the Legend, specifically item 7, they might not have choked.

7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.

The state of Georgia thinks games only last 3 quarters.

View attachment 160903
They beat our ass. That's the worst ass whipping I've ever seen in Neyland, by Alabama, Florida, or anybody.

Everyone knows that Georgia has always recruited well. But 16 5-star recruits in just 3 recruiting cycles? I mean, that’s incredible if they actually did it the honest way.

Makes Dabo, Meyer and anyone not named Saban look slow and old on the crootin’ trail at this point.

Something is going on, I don’t buy that it’s just “they’re the hot team” right now. Yes, they’ve dumped a ton of money into the facilities and bells and whistles but I’m not getting how one team, after one good season, can land 16 five stars in a year and a half span. Odd.

VN Store

Back