Gators returned tickets....prob won’t sellout.

Florida was allotted 10,000 tickets and returned 7000 tickets to UT. These were priced the same as FL normally charges UT. They never thought these would be returned as why they are expensive. Gators will be sparse and we need to fill these up with our fans and make it where they can't hear anything but Rocky Top

i called the ticket office and guy answering stopped me short saying this was not true. there are tickets still for sale, but the whole Fl returning tickets thing... dont know where that came from, he said it was incorrect.

There were empty seats at Auburn and LSU. That seems unimaginable 10 years ago.

Watching football games in high definition on a cell phone was also unimaginable 10 years ago.

There were empty seats at Georgia-South Carolina at kickoff. We are at a different time and place in terms of fan attendance at football games.

i called the ticket office and guy answering stopped me short saying this was not true. there are tickets still for sale, but the whole Fl returning tickets thing... dont know where that came from, he said it was incorrect.

Jimmy Hyams is the source, there is a thread on it.

Reactions: mikepotts
Watching football games in high definition on a cell phone was also unimaginable 10 years ago.

There were empty seats at Georgia-South Carolina at kickoff. We are at a different time and place in terms of fan attendance at football games.

I totally agree. And also contend interest is dropping in football. I am not claiming or large drop or that football is dying, but interest has dropped.

It’s not because of interest. It’s because of TV. I don’t go to the games either but that doesn’t make me less of a fan. I like my tv, chips, and beer. I also can see the actual game. Hell with the atmosphere. I care about the chess match.

You're fooling yourself if you think interest has not dropped. And there are so many reasons why.

Perhaps the prices will eventually go down. Personally I would rather watch at home than go to a game for free.

Wouldn’t that just be the damnedest thing? Not being able to sell out the Florida game.
Very possible at the prices they want....even for upper deck over 100 bucks. Not including the price of binoculars you have to buy to see anything!

But, we will be there before hand in the UT truck driving around and playing Rocky Top. GBO!

I totally agree. And also contend interest is dropping in football. I am not claiming or large drop or that football is dying, but interest has dropped.

Interest in attending CFB games live has dropped, present company included.

I’m on the patio at 9am on Saturday for GameDay, switch to SECN at 10 to watch Tebow and Marcus, switch back to Gameday for Corso’s picks...then from noon kickoff to prime time ive got the pool patio TV going, two iPads and my cell phone streaming games.

My interest is still there...getting up a 6am to find a parking space in Gainesville, tailgating for several hours, baking in the sun for 4 hours at the game, then driving back to Orlando at 9pm or midnight, not so much.

They absolutely did return tickets. This was several months ago so likely thought you meant just recently. Allotted 7500 and returned high 4000s. Go and look on the official ticket site and see all the upper deck sections underneath the jumbotron where visitors normally seat. They are all available.

Reactions: mikepotts
Interest in attending CFB games live has dropped, present company included.

I’m on the patio at 9am on Saturday for GameDay, switch to SECN at 10 to watch Tebow and Marcus, switch back to Gameday for Corso’s picks...then from noon kickoff to prime time ive got the pool patio TV going, two iPads and my cell phone streaming games.

My interest is still there...getting up a 6am to find a parking space in Gainesville, tailgating for several hours, baking in the sun for 4 hours at the game, then driving back to Orlando at 9pm or midnight, not so much.

I can walk to Neyland Stadium from my house. Used to be a season ticket holder. Now I don't go unless someone gives me tickets, which is somewhat common, and even then am still hesitant to go.

I can walk to Neyland Stadium from my house. Used to be a season ticket holder. Now I don't go unless someone gives me tickets, which is somewhat common, and even then am still hesitant to go.

Same here, only difference being a 2-hour drive from Orlando to Gainesville.

I’ve got tickets for LSU, and I plan on driving up for the tailgate, selling my pair, then driving home just before kickoff. DVR will be rolling on the living room and patio TVs, so the game will be waiting for me when I get home.

Jimmy Hyams is the source, there is a thread on it.
They absolutely did return tickets. This was several months ago so likely thought you meant just recently. Allotted 7500 and returned high 4000s. Go and look on the official ticket site and see all the upper deck sections underneath the jumbotron where visitors normally seat. They are all available.

well, im glad it is true then... kyle... probably right, guy misunderstood or something.

GO VOLS!

But only the upper portion of those sections are reserved for visitors. Look again. Seats are available all the way almost up to the front.

I think it's a little of both. Disinterest from both fanbases. We never sold out, and then Florida returned additional tickets on top of that.

Reactions: Titan05

VN Store

Back